Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | | Last >
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: LewDoja] * 2
    #29052616 -



Eryngii on straw. Visually, I prefer them fully grown with a lot if FAE. For practical purposes, I prefer the fat little barrels.

Pinset


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29053088 -

Did you case yours? (it doesn't look like it) I ask because I found a site earlier that said that King's can benefit from a casing layer, but it was the first I'd heard that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: mycosispeon]
    #29053151 -

Never cased oysters... Never even thought of it. Maybe that's stupid..?
I've grown eryngii, ostreatus, djamor and citrina without casing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: mycosispeon] * 1
    #29053157 -






Harvested yesterday morning at 800g. Turned it into cream of pioppino from Northshore website. Pretty yummy.tasted like cream of mushroom soup, but with much deeper flavors from the bacon and pio


Ingredients

4 slices bacon, sliced 1/4"x1"
2 cups chicken broth
6 cups Pioppino, rough chop
1/2 cup yellow onion, rough chop
2 sprigs + 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
2 cups half and half
Salt and pepper to taste



1. Place bacon, 1 cup mushrooms and 2 sprigs thyme in medium stock pot and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside on paper towels.

2. Add broth, remaining mushrooms and additional thyme leaves to pot over medium high heat. Being to boil, and lower to simmer for 15 minutes.

3. Use immersion blender or standard blender to purée contents of pot. Place purée aside and wipe out pot.

4. Add butter and flour to pot and cook over low/med heat until scent is slightly "nutty" but roux is not darkened or scorched.

5. Slowly whisk in half and half followed by the purée. Season with salt and pepper.

6. Place in bowls and top with bacon/mushroom mixture.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: space.madness]
    #29053343 -

Casing kings is not necessary ime. I feel like it's old outdated info to case kings.

Nice pio harvest space. How big was the substrate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: deadmandave]
    #29053363 -

6lb of masters mix for the pioppino substrate. I used a 2 gallon bucket to form the substrate into a bucket shape because I thought I needed to use my refrigerated setup to fruit it. I was surprised last week to find it pinning in the bag with ambient temperature.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: space.madness]
    #29053794 -

800g off of 6lb is very good for pio. Where'd you get the culture from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: deadmandave] * 1
    #29053854 -

This was the "Velvet Pioppino" commercial culture from mycelium emporium. Good to know they have a productive one. The quality of their cultures are hit or miss, but to their credit, i never received a contaminated culture from them.

My sub block is usually~

1300g bbq pellets/soyhulls
1300g water
500ml bran
+hydrated lime
+garden lime
Sterilized 3 hours @15psi


--------------------

Edited by space.madness (12/12/24 12:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: space.madness]
    #29053858 -

Only 42% moisture content? I'm kind of amazed that works.

Targeting some pH with the lime or just putting some small amount in? What benefit does it provide?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: Phaethon]
    #29053893 -

Moisture content is closer to 50%. The bran is measured by volume, and probably around 100g. Also, I never determined my moisture content of pellets. I have naturally high atmospheric humidity, so i suspect there is some non-negligible amount of water being added from the pellets. This is the perfect amount of water for me that doesnt lead to a mushy bottom that takes forever to colonize. During colonization, there are actually pockets of water which im guessing is from respiration.

The addition of the hydrated lime and garden lime is for keeping the ph at levels that give the mycelium an advantage over contaminants during all phases of growth. I dont know if it works for sure, but I have been getting good results, and low rates of contamination. I dont see that the mycelium is being affected detrimentally with lime at about ph 9. Not sure if the Ca+ ion also aids in some way.  I took a few ph readings of blocks after fruiting, and it read about ph 6 and 7.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: space.madness]
    #29054448 -

Thanks, I'd missed that you specified ml and not g for bran... :facepalm:

Interesting about the lime too. I haven't had contamination in bags (whether supplemented and sterilized or just Lipa tek), but when I've tried Pioppino in shoeboxes with just fuel pellets and boiled water, I've lost some before fruiting, so it seems worth a shot to try using lime there.

Thanks for sharing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: Phaethon] * 5
    #29054549 -

My first flush of Hypsizygus tessulatus


--------------------
"If it smells like miso and tastes like miso,
                          ...it is probably not the best miso."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: mboehm]
    #29054766 -

excellent results. Beech is a tasty mushroom. How long did it take to incubate/fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: deadmandave]
    #29054874 -

Thank you! These bags were made in April but I shut down my grow for the summer before I had a chance to fruit them so like 7 months? They are a bit slow, took 3-4 weeks in fruiting before harvest.


--------------------
"If it smells like miso and tastes like miso,
                          ...it is probably not the best miso."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: mboehm]
    #29055081 -

Wow that's crazy but looks like the long incubation didn't bother them at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: mboehm]
    #29055767 -

mboehm said:
My first flush of Hypsizygus tessulatus





Holy yussss great job


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: rumfor69] * 3
    #29055911 -

So when are these ready to harvest? I confess I’ve never seen maitake before I decided to grow it. This is a 5lb block of bran supplemented HWFP. Inoculated 8 weeks ago. They went into the tent 2 weeks ago and have been growing out of the bag for about ten days.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 2
    #29056027 -

Not sure when to harvest but it looks really good! Where'd you get the culture from?

Some pics from the FC this evening



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: deadmandave]
    #29056090 -

Thanks! It’s from Field & Forest. The few things I’ve gotten from them have been really nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Gourmet Cultivation Picture of the Day [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29056276 -

I'm impressed. Did you see any blobs or brains before fruiting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* gourmets easier for the newbz????
( 1 2 all )
sBUD 9,719 26 06/21/17 07:46 AM
by Kevs0923
* Gourmet Mushrooms & Substrates rb2002 5,411 11 04/16/03 11:43 AM
by NoLogos
* Mycologists of the Gourmet kind Jahson 1,848 1 11/04/01 09:39 PM
by Woodsman
* Cultivation of Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
AnnoA 119,029 56 12/06/13 08:50 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Rank species by cultivation difficulty! Rustik 2,994 7 12/30/15 11:35 AM
by taGyo
* A warning about Stropharia rugosoannulata from Shroomery trades
( 1 2 all )
Tangich 6,897 30 08/18/14 05:04 PM
by Zen Peddler
* Where can I buy Stropharia rugosoannulata? JSU 671 3 01/28/11 04:20 AM
by Tangich
* Calling the Culture Bank: S. rugosoannulata needed armedia 917 4 11/22/05 06:40 PM
by mattymonkey

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
87,386 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.