Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2034 | 2035 | 2036 | 2037 | 2038 | 2039 | 2040 | 2041 | 2042 | 2043 | 2044 | 2045 | 2046 | 2047 | 2048 | 2049 | 2050 | 2051 | 2052 | 2053 | 2054 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Arkyhog]
    #28916414 -


Personally to my novice eye these look fine. What are yours guys thoughts?


--------------------
15 year lurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Meanwhile] * 1
    #28916419 -

Arkyhog said:
You are correct. I am chasing rhizo because that's what I have seen and read from the write up's in the database here. Is there one for identifying and cleaning Tomentose mycelium growth on a plate especially from MS swabs or syringes? Almost all of my grows have been from Tomentose plates. Only my B+ clone plates have thick rhizo growth. Myself and other new growers are looking for write up's on selecting and transferring starting with plates like Dad_Shroomer posted. Do you cut the whole circle of growth an transfer it to a plate or do you try and find an edge that looks like its the best even though I don't know what the best looks like? I need inside you TC's brains!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18430998#18430998
Meanwhile said:

Personally to my novice eye these look fine. What are yours guys thoughts?



Send it


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28916426 -

Stros write up is great for isolating but what you'll notice in most write ups is the fact that the real goal is clean growth, what it looks like means almost nothing as long as it's clean and contaminate free.
You'll also notice a lot of older write ups talking about getting/isolating monocultures from clones, u can pretty much just ignore that, if you clone you have one set of genetics


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28916431 -

I've read Stro's write up a few times but unfortunately only 2 or 3 plates are not rhizo growth and from what I have seen in my brief grow time, there is no way any of those are MS plates. I'm looking for selection data that will get me to the point he is starting at in his guide. I know what a lot of contamination looks like from various post on here but when looking at a MS plate without any visible signs of contamination how do you know which clean growth to take and how much of it to take for your transfer? thank you for your time and patience, i just don't want to be the guy that's post every plate asking how does this look or what area should I select. 

Edited by Arkyhog (08/19/24 08:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #28916436 -

DERRAYLD said:
The problem is you're chasing rhizo and that's not always what you're after.



In what situations are you not chasing Rhizo? On previous transfers just trying to isolate and clean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Azhiaaziam] * 1
    #28916441 -

Arkyhog said:
I've read Stro's write up a few times but unfortunately only 2 or 3 plates are not rhizo growth and from what I have seen in my brief grow time, there is no way any of those are MS plates. I'm looking for selection data that will get me to the point he is starting at in his guide. I know what a lot of contamination looks like from various post on here but when looking at a MS plate without any visible signs of contamination how do you know which clean growth to take and how much of it to take for your transfer? thank you for your time and patience, i just don't want to be the guy that's post every plate asking how does this look or what area should I select. 



From ms you really shouldn't go to far and the growth pattern means nothing at all just get clean plates to run because you want a wider genetic pool in your tubs to look for cloneable genetics
Azhiaaziam said:
DERRAYLD said:
The problem is you're chasing rhizo and that's not always what you're after.



In what situations are you not chasing Rhizo? On previous transfers just trying to isolate and clean?



Exactly


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* [Re: cronicr]
    #28916453 -

Post deleted by Ben Phartin

Reason for deletion: ,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ben Phartin] * 1
    #28916459 -

Ben Phartin said:
Anyone use these cheap-o induction heaters?

https://www.amazon.com/Ximimark-Induction-Heating-Supply-Module/dp/B07T7VKDTL



It's not the exact brand name but it's pretty much the same as the one I used. It's been working just fine.

Induction Coil MK1


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28916482 -

cronicr said:
Arkyhog said:
I've read Stro's write up a few times but unfortunately only 2 or 3 plates are not rhizo growth and from what I have seen in my brief grow time, there is no way any of those are MS plates. I'm looking for selection data that will get me to the point he is starting at in his guide. I know what a lot of contamination looks like from various post on here but when looking at a MS plate without any visible signs of contamination how do you know which clean growth to take and how much of it to take for your transfer? thank you for your time and patience, i just don't want to be the guy that's post every plate asking how does this look or what area should I select. 



From ms you really shouldn't go to far and the growth pattern means nothing at all just get clean plates to run because you want a wider genetic pool in your tubs to look for cloneable genetics
Azhiaaziam said:
DERRAYLD said:
The problem is you're chasing rhizo and that's not always what you're after.



In what situations are you not chasing Rhizo? On previous transfers just trying to isolate and clean?



Exactly



Thank you! So if I'm understanding this right I want to take a clean MS plate with all it's little growing sectors to grain, colonize that and send it to substrate, then select the best fruits to clone back to agar to get my best rhizo plates for that genetic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Arkyhog] * 4
    #28916513 -

There is too much focus on rhizomorphic growth. I never chase it because it tells you nothing about the culture. Clean growth is what’s important. Try growing any species besides cubes and a search for rhizomorphic growth will likely be fruitless. The sooner you let go of the desire for rhizo the better. Clean growth is all that’s important.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28916533 -

cronicr said:
Meanwhile said:

Personally to my novice eye these look fine. What are yours guys thoughts?



Send it



They're brf, thinking about taking a cheese grater to them and doing a 1:1 or 1:2 shoebox with a casing layer. Bad idea or just birth and do a water tub casing them in coir?


--------------------
15 year lurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Meanwhile]
    #28916539 -

I'd just birth as is , cakes are already 2to 1 grain to sub


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #28916556 -

RoscoeReturns said:
There is too much focus on rhizomorphic growth. I never chase it because it tells you nothing about the culture. Clean growth is what’s important. Try growing any species besides cubes and a search for rhizomorphic growth will likely be fruitless. The sooner you let go of the desire for rhizo the better. Clean growth is all that’s important.




If you only knew how many clean growth plates I have thrown away! Thank you for the insight. I will no longer chase the Rizzy Rhizo but start chasing the biggest, fattest, sexy looking fruits and work with those. Well in Huskies honor I will also keep an eye out for those crazy mutant's that crop up in the tubs also.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #28916577 -

cronicr said:
I'd just birth as is , cakes are already 2to 1 grain to sub



So don't even bother with a coir layer?


--------------------
15 year lurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Meanwhile]
    #28916604 -

Do I need to do another transfer?  The guy up top is part of the big guy❣️This is T3. This is one of my first attempts at agar.




--------------------
Pain Fades, Memories Remain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: StophJS]
    #28916648 -

StophJS said:
What have peoples experiences been with yield relative to quantities of spawn and coir used? If I add twice as much and have a 3 inch substrate as opposed to half that, am I likely to get about twice the yield across all flushes?

Obviously it's different every time and it's not going to be neat math like this. This is essentially to determine whether to make one really beefy tub or two smaller ones.



Yes, the size of the yield is pretty much determined by a bunch of shit but if all were equal then the amount of water in the substrate correlates to the yield.

There's a thread by stipe n cap that uses 5000g H2O and you then relate your harvest that should be 50% or more in wet weight or at least 2500g fresh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Noob60]
    #28916722 -

Noob60 said:
Do I need to do another transfer?  The guy up top is part of the big guy❣️This is T3. This is one of my first attempts at agar.






I'd transfer once more! Grab the best sector and see if it grows perfectly even


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #28916738 -






B+ after Day 1 of the first shake yesterday. How it looks you see signs of Contam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #28916753 -

I ended up just spawning them. Lets see what happens 🤷🏽‍♂️


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* [Re: Jrey16] * 1
    #28916758 -

Post deleted by fruitpunchsamurai

Reason for deletion: ill figure it out

Edited by fruitpunchsamurai (08/19/24 05:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2034 | 2035 | 2036 | 2037 | 2038 | 2039 | 2040 | 2041 | 2042 | 2043 | 2044 | 2045 | 2046 | 2047 | 2048 | 2049 | 2050 | 2051 | 2052 | 2053 | 2054 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* 2 Quick Questions ! Psilocybe Ryan 1,006 5 08/11/01 01:44 PM
by Psilocybe Ryan
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,530 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,156,004 topic views. 17 members, 63 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.075 seconds spending 0.04 seconds on 18 queries.