Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: vicepope]
    #28896263 -

That thing looks awesome vicepope. Nice pic


--------------------
MUSHROOMS RULE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #28896281 -

I confess that I really like the look of dub tubs. I know its an obsolete way of doing things, but theres something about the terrarium type of look that does it for me.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28896284 -

What's obsolete about it? As I understand it, it lets you increase the height of the chamber so the fruits have room to grow.


--------------------


Support the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 6
    #28896296 -

Recycled salad container. All kinds of things work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Arctic_Fox]
    #28896307 -

I got the impression that it was considered less efficient than packing shoeboxes into a monotub, but maybe it was just a handful of opinions opposing the dub, idk. Ive only been back in the loop for about a month, so it's entirely possible that I have the wrong idea.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Tao]
    #28896308 -

So many cool ideas people come up with. I saw someone recommend a pipe cutter for cutting cling wrap rolls for wrapping plates. I love it all.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 3
    #28896346 -

I recycle the recycle bin and my wife runs into the kitchen when she hears me rummaging.
Start looking sideways.
Novelty grows

Edited by The Tao (08/01/24 11:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: The Tao]
    #28896415 -

The Tao said:
I recycle the recycle bin and my wife runs into the kitchen when she hears me rummaging.
Start looking sideways.
Novelty grows




Repurposing AND annoying the wife? Bravo, sir


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: vicepope] * 2
    #28896442 -

:lol: First time for everything after all :mad2:

I poured a bum run of plates!


2 out of 12 clean :facepalm:

glad more are otw....


--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!

"Sometimes the only way for a man to find true happiness is to take drugs in a group" - Cochise

No makin funna my pomes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: curenado] * 5
    #28896466 -

I just reached into overhead cupboard to grab some new sealed plates to start a new run. Grabbed a finished set with the bag loosely covering it instead and dropped the full stack of plates on my head and work space. Lids and open pitris everywhere.

The sealed petris weren't even in that cupboard. They are in a box in the garage. Eeejit.
:whyyy:


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #28896508 -

ReverendMyc said:
I just reached into overhead cupboard to grab some new sealed plates to start a new run. Grabbed a finished set with the bag loosely covering it instead and dropped the full stack of plates on my head and work space. Lids and open pitris everywhere.

The sealed petris weren't even in that cupboard. They are in a box in the garage. Eeejit.
:whyyy:



Big oof. That kind of thing would potentially ruin my day, which is something I'm actively working on. Im sorry for your loss.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28896521 -

ThurmanMurman said:
I confess that I really like the look of dub tubs. I know its an obsolete way of doing things, but theres something about the terrarium type of look that does it for me.



I’ll spawn a shoebox occasionally just to dub tub it and keep it as a terrarium on the book shelf. Love the look

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 3
    #28896522 -

Thanks!
No big deal. I will make more. Just one more reason why reusable plates are nice. Wasted some time and ingredients, but already cleaned the plates for another run.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28896552 -

Reusables are the glass ones, right? Probably just hand wash them and make sure all the solids are out of them and then sterilize in the oven? Ive only just started agar work, but I've been ordering the disposables. The convenience is nice, but they're so light, and I'm kind of shaky when trying to make fine movements that I wonder if the added heft of glass would benefit me.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28896679 -

Nah, I got tired of breaking glass ones. So I use these. They look just like the disposables, but very slightly heavier, come sterile and can be autoclaved or used for prepours.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28896703 -

ReverendMyc said:
Nah, I got tired of breaking glass ones. So I use these. They look just like the disposables, but very slightly heavier, come sterile and can be autoclaved or used for prepours.



Yes, breaking glass is definitely a concern, but I'd surely benefit from the added weight. Im still nervous af in the SAB and struggle to keep an eye on not bumping the arm holes and the ceiling and such, while also trying to be precise with what I'm doing. It kicks my ass, honestly. Hopefully getting an FFU sooner than later.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28896788 -



--------------------


Support the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Arctic_Fox]
    #28896794 -

Arctic_Fox said:




I might eventually switch to something like that. I think I saw that moisture issues make PC a bad idea and they should be baked at 350 for an hour? Would be nice to just PC some when Ive already got it running, but I would definitely benefit from heavier plates.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28896798 -

I tried PC'ing them once and the stack fell over. Then I decided it would be easier to bake them for an hour at 170C, so I do that every time now. Wrap them in aluminum foil (I do two pieces, one wrapped from the bottom and one from the top on a stack of 10 or so). Then take them out, and the foil and the lids should protect them from any particles for an indefinite amount of time.


--------------------


Support the Shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Arctic_Fox]
    #28896826 -

I like that - bake them stacked and wrapped already and then theres no need to package them after sterilization? Easy peasy...


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8714 8715 )
saralove 5,223,150 174,280 09/27/26 07:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,151 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,927 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,964 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno
* Maturing as a Cultivator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
automanM 11,677 63 06/15/12 08:18 PM
by kenny
* Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... doctor_kandee 3,231 2 02/22/05 04:37 PM
by doctor_kandee
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,090 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
457,582 topic views. 11 members, 75 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.