Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
How advanced is the subconcious mind
    #2874281 - 07/09/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What can the subconscious mind really do? Since no one can define it on a single level as it will differ from each person, no one has yet(that I know) tried to catalog the capabilities of the human brains other side.

Well, so what do we really know? We dream, we calculate , we think, we exist, but what does this mean? How can science keep up with the science of the brain, the human global consciousness?

Where do we go to find information on this medium of thought?

Dogma, freedom, society are all perfect examples of how the humans try to understand and categorize this 'inner' level of the subconscious mind, yet even though truths outside pysical reality exist there is no way to make it concrete in 'truth'.

so how are supposed to view our own subjective experiences onto the plane of the global experience.. should we even try? Is trying the reason we are where we are today as society?

why not to enter into someone elses subconscious reality. Why not enter your own? This is the problem I see with dogma and society, but how can we stop it? Things as simple as religion we have 'choice' in because we are in a 'free' country. But what about society. There is no escape except drastic life change, and some people including myself are not ready to take this on..... where does this leave us?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2874338 - 07/09/04 10:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

like a hard disk in which each record is trying to be reactivated.

like water that is alive.

like movies and actors emerging with eachothers' faces

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2874795 - 07/10/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The subconscious as I define it and utilize it as a hypnotherapist is a 'twilight zone' between the conscious and unconscious stratas of mind. The unconscious can be further divided into the personal and collective stratas, but since you have used the word "subconscious," I will address that level. Much of the subconscious seems to 'record' psychophysical events, and from what I see, negative events. It has a negative quality in that the subconscious interprets language in a negative, pessimistic way. Suggestions have to be made using positive things. One does not say for example: "You will feel no pain," because the subconscious puts a negative spin on the negation and the double negative is interpreted as "You will feel pain." Surgeons have to be careful. In repairing a medical problem, a surgeon remembered saying: "He will never be the same again" - meaning that 'he will never have to experience this medical problem again.' However, the subconscious took it in a negative way and the man would not heal or recover from the surgery as he should have, but malingered. When the source of the buried fear was discovered, therapy clarified the misunderstanding, and the patient recovered.

Subliminal messages and suggestion work through the subconscious. Someone yawns - we yawn. Why? Suggestion. Fakirs in India mastered techniques which resulted in hypnotically-induced positive and negative [making things 'seem' invisible] hallucinations for groups of people. Healing can occur through the subconscious. In 3% of the population, after 'glove anaesthesia' is induced (which is easy to do - an insensitivity to the hand) - a person can be told that they are being touched with a red-hot piece of metal, and they won't feel anything, when in fact, they are being touched with a pencil eraser. The next day, a blister will appear! The obverse works as well. Hypnotic removal of warts has been demonstrated as a simple case, but, if an individual with 3rd degree burns is able to be hypnotized with a couple of hours (even under pain meds), the swelling due to fluids migrating to the burned areas that prevent more immediate skin grafting, will not occur. Amputations of arms and legs have been done without pain and with minimal bleeding under hypnosis. Documented work of James Braid and James Esdaile.

Lastly, the subconscious is often beneath the 'vibes' that we get from people. Sometimes, the cause is 'microexpressions' that move across people's facial musculature very rapidly. Being stoned sometimes makes one acutely aware of this phenomenon and we don't like what we're seeing, get paranoid and maybe think it's just us, when it really is them. The subconscious knows no time. A trauma 30 years ago lives there and can exert very real psychological and physical symptoms over a lifetime. The good news is that many times, the emotional pain can be split from the memories and removed, thereby eliminating symptoms. I've helped people eliminate phobias, stuttering and 20 years of nightmares by accessing the subconscious with their approval. To address your questions in a nutshell - it's all about bringing the subconscious to consciousness, thereby expanding the conscious mind in that direction as well.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2875100 - 07/10/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Very interesting! :wink:

I have a feng shui book somewhere. It is just a simple, easy-to-read one aimed at people who aren't interested in getting deep into it. I remember that it said one has to be careful how one words intents, how negatives do not register (just like the example you gave, "you will feel pain"). I see feng shui as being a system that will, I dunno, "regorganize" your subconscious and adjust who you are towards whatever it is that you want to change. The association is made between the intent and the object being placed, and being within presence of that object will then have that effect on you subconsciously...

Sorta know what I mean? I guess it is just one good way of changing your subconsciousness to in effect change who you are... it also ties into how we talk to ourselves..

Anyways, sorry to go off, I'm tired, and it seemed sorta related... :nut:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2877478 - 07/11/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, that's pretty interesting! The question arises as to whether the 'outer' affects the 'inner,' or the 'inner' affects the 'outer,' which then affects the 'inner.' I suppose the answer depends upon WHO did the arranging of the physical enviornment in the first place. Thanks for the Feng Shui example.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2877975 - 07/11/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, this particular book was specifically for people who were arranging on their own... I can't see feng shui having near as much effect if you didn't do it yourself, and imply the intentions yourself. Honestly, I haven't read into it anymore than that book, which wasn't really a traditional book, so I can't really say for sure, but I guess I just don't buy the whole chi thing..

I remember the book had a quote on it "Create your space, create your life", or something. :grin: I'd have to say that if you did the arranging and the intentions yourself, it would indeed be the 'inner' affecting the 'outer', which then affects the 'inner'. Well, technically, the outer isn't actually being affected at all (well, with the intentions, at least, obviously it is being affected by the placements), just your perception of the 'outer'... :lol:

I can't wait until we start renting our new place and I can do some of it again. I've done it once before when I was younger, just in my room, and it did have some positive effects on me. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2878195 - 07/11/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe the arrangement of outer to inner, inner to outer, is reciprocating? A neverending flux?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: Viaggio]
    #2878226 - 07/11/04 04:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Indeed. In every moment our environment is changing us, and we are changing it. There isn't a moment when we are not interacting. :wink: And from the right perspective, there isn't any seperation from the inner and the outer. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: How advanced is the subconcious mind [Re: Viaggio]
    #2878902 - 07/11/04 06:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I've always taken the introverted, Yogic, depth-psychological approach, which is to say: 'The inner projects the outer.' They say that our body type and its corresponding temperament (i.e., W.H. Sheldon) was 'chosen by/for us in each birth in order to perceive life a specific way in order to do certain work on ourselves. As an adolescent I did not like being meso-ectomorphic, I wanted to be solidly mesomorphic (not slender and cerebral, but muscular and athletic, essentially). Now, I benefit from a youthful form and character which is often regarded as 15-20 years younger than I am. Now my 'inner' values guide my exercise and diet to regulate and maintain my 'outer' bodily condition.

On another level, the 'retardation' of the usual age-appropriate characteristics has totally determined the aesthetics of my home. I mean, the style is mytho-gothic-psychedelic in one area; Eastern Yogic in another and magickal in yet another. There are no golf clubs in a corner, bowling trophies from yesteryear, framed pictures of kids in Little League outfits propped up on a TV set. Nope, the 'inner man' and the 'inner child' are still hard at work creating an interesting inner and outer world. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

#5269877 - 02/06/06 05:20 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

why not to enter into someone elses subconscious reality. Why not enter your own? This is the problem I see with dogma and society, but how can we stop it? Things as simple as religion we have 'choice' in because we are in a 'free' country. But what about society. There is no escape except drastic life change, and some people including myself are not ready to take this on..... where does this leave us?

i had to accept insanity, which has somehow made this all more complex and intriuging than it should be... ahahahahahahaha.

nonono, there is no need for drastic life change, but the struggles you go through will be harder (they may be more interesting at the same time) but they will surely be harder.

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, merily merily merily merily, life is but a dream"

to answer the question at hand however...

the subconscious is vastly complex, and very few have the capabilities to use it and understand how it works (lol, im on of the few, lol)

By understanding that of the subconscious, you can master the realms of time and thought :laugh:
-peace

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Edited by TheGus (02/06/06 05:33 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology