Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
journey into the realm of the subconscious
    #648773 - 05/28/02 12:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ok this isnt entirely a mushroom related event, but I think this is the appropriate place to enquire about it since it is definitely a drug induced trip into the subconscious that few people care to examine apart from you lot....

okay it was new years at the gathering, an electronica party in a mountain valley in the south island of nz... anyways I had these extraordinarily mind blowing pills that night, I am no stranger to the effects of mind altering shrooms and other substances but this was just incredible... I wasn't interested in the music at all that night which is not like me at all, i eat breathe sleep house music.. and to cut a long story shorter I began to notice the most amazing pattern effects, I always get these, sort of like a cartoon filter over my vision, although when I looked inside of them they would envelope me slamming me on my ass as the most amazing visions I have ever seen rushed past me in a spiral wave with the strongest headspin I would almost lose consciousness, I couldnt continue it for extended periods because of this...

anyway I feel a connection here with james arthur when he says that the visions surpass reality in their realness.. these were amazing, the plasticity and colours and vividness, it was like I was there. what I am curious to though is why they keep on changing?... when you see words and try to understand them, or focus on pictures to remember them and draw them, they change, they almost run away from you, they dont want to divulge their secrets... This dissappoints me as it only lends support that these visuals are indeed figments of my collective subconcsious, they are not new answers from journeys into the realm of the unphysical, they are rehashes of same-old. Although why does my subconscious not make up words and pictures to go in these places? Are they indeed hallucinations? totally out of sync with reality, just a nice movie in our head...

It truly amazes me the power of the mind when these processes are unleashed, it is like the mind collects all this information, yet never gets to play with it and think for itself.. It is given creative licence to do whatever the fuck it wants, and its off, it drives itself showing you the capabilities you only dreamed that you had inside of you, the secrets of music and art are glimpsed... If only you are quick enough to record them, otherwise they're lost amongst the control that our society bred consciousness has on our brain processes. It proves that our brains could adapt to entirely different circumstances, almost as if they are standard issue across the universe, why do they have these hidden capabilities? Why has evolution favored these processes that are not brought up for daily existence.. why have they not died out? or more importantly, why are they not exhibited more often? The only explanation seems to be that our hominid ancestors ingested these mushrooms evoking amazing laterality capabilities inside of them, thereby increasing their capacity for change and the ability to evolve at much greater speeds than any other competition... A whole different question is why mushrooms have the effects they do on us, avoiding a religous response however, is it merely a chemical overlap amongst living organisms or is it indeed something spiritual?

When in this state it is easy to see which psychological theories actually mean something to our neurological affairs, I could actually see my life flashing before my eyes, my notes for university would stream down my vision, I could recognise graphs I'd read, but never learned, I could see friends from the earliest time imaginable, my first bike etc. The psychological theory of object recognition is a hilarious concept to deal with when in this state, I have repeatedly seen people lifting tables up on the dancefloor, and building brick walls, due to the movements they are making and the release from my higher consciousness that would remind me that I am indeed mistaken...

eg. when walking out of the house tent for a session, into the big field around us, I thought hmm where to go... I know lets go and run over to those nice flat rocks over there and sit on them, so me and my similarly inebriated girlfriend run over the empty field to these nice rocks, I go to sit down and suddenly the rock moves and screams... It was two people.... shit.... sorry... lets go and sit on that one.... that one yelled in bewilderment too as my girlfriend sits down on another couple doing whateva... These poor people were in the middle of an empty field and we chose to sit on them... they were just staring at me in disbelief as I exclaimed 'no way, i thought you guys were rocks, shit, no way' they were so much like rocks before they moved, they even had lichen growing on them, can you imagine the mindfuck as this rock tears itself in two and yells at you? ...anyway there you go.. theres my laughable experiment with object recognition...

any thoughts or similar experiences?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: journey into the realm of the subconscious [Re: deepr]
    #649041 - 05/28/02 07:00 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I think that what happens in this state is that you are actually approaching death, in the mental sense. Certain chemical interactions in your brain are inhibited while others are encouraged. Your mind begins throwing out distractions in the form of hallucinations as a last ditch effort to keep you from giving in. Being able to still this process and gain a deeper glimpse into the workings of it is truly the goal of adepts and artists alike. I think that it is an advantageous adaptation because it keeps us attached to this world and, deep down, it keeps us alive.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Edited by Catalysis (05/28/02 07:01 AM)

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Re: journey into the realm of the subconscious [Re: Catalysis]
    #649526 - 05/28/02 12:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

how do you know this? Ive heard of this before, that certain chemicals are released in the brain during these processes that are only normally present just before death.... but never had the chance to read up on it...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #649618 - 05/28/02 01:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

deepr- Read up on the pineal gland.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #649645 - 05/28/02 02:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

...the secrets of music and art are glimpsed... If only you are quick enough to record them, otherwise they're lost amongst the control that our society bred consciousness has on our brain processes.

Music and art were bred, not suppressed by society; the more advanced the society, the more intricate and exploratory the artwork.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Re: journey into the realm of the subconscious [Re: Swami]
    #649703 - 05/28/02 03:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i didnt explain myself very well there.... what I mean is that our utmost ability for creativeness is withheld from our ordinary conscious in most circumstances... I produce music and know that you have to be in the right frame of mind to have the energy and insight into what you really want to do, you cant just sit down and write a track... inspiration and focussed thoughts help.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology