Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepopdewman
passenger

Loc: us, maryland
lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm
    #874541 - 09/10/02 12:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hello
first off i'd like to say hi. i've been reading this forum for nearly 6 months now and have always been impressed by all of your thoughts and ideas whether ive agreed with them or not. this is quite a collection of open-minded individuals and i am eager to begin sharing my opinions on all of your interesting topics..

now to the topic at hand..

i have always thought of dreaming as nothing more than a treat you recieve occasionally while sleeping- sleeping being something i enjoy immensely. i have never considered myself a 'good' dreamer.. i rarely remember what i dream and my dreams have never been too clear... usually just a hazy few moments of activity.. but the night before last i experienced something that was unlike any other dream i have ever had.
before i went to sleep i stumbled across a page dedicated to the study and promotion of lucid dreaming.. the site which is located here ->http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/lucid-dreaming.html informed me of ways to help realize when you are dreaming.. how to take control of your dreams.. and gives insight on theories of what the dreamworld may actually be.

the dream i had that night was the first dream i've ever found myself questioning whether or not i was actually dreaming.. i have never been in a dream before where i said to myself "this can't be real, i must be dreaming" but i did that night and i took control of my actions and surroundings in the dream. it was an amazing experience to say the least.. i would go into the details of the dream but it was basically nothing but a lot of sexual experiences that i doubt anyone wants to here about lol but the point is i discovered something that i am sure a lot of you already have.. a whole new realm where anything is possible

please share any thoughts you have on lucid dreaming/dreamworld.. and any tips you have for people who are new to the dreamworld

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: popdewman]
    #874613 - 09/10/02 01:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Some believe life to be a big dream.  :smirk:
Myself believes that dreams could be the real reality. I mean whynot?
Dreams can take place in different locations with different outcomes and variables just like life itself.
I have had many dreams which seem so clear and lucid it takes me a while to dewind em from my brain and once again get in touch with the real world. 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #874666 - 09/10/02 01:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think the dream world is just another dimension of reality... I've had lucid dreams before, but not in the past few months. :frown:

Check out the movie "Waking Life" if you havn't already... it relates to this topic perfectly. 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

#874673 - 09/10/02 01:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i've seen waking life multiple times.. excellent movie

i hear vanilla sky is also a good movie for this topic.. will have to check it out

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #874725 - 09/10/02 01:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm lucid quite frequently. It is most enjoyable.
I don't have any specific techniques that work for me, because I never really try to lucid dream, I just wake up lucid.
I find the lucid plane to be very exciting and wonderful. Much there is to learn and see in that place. I confront most subconscious fears while lucid, often in the form of a demon of some sort.
When confronting a fearful entity/part of yourself in the lucid state or the astral plane, running away will only cause it to chase you. It will not go away. One must turn around and face the fear head on, with no fear. Love is the key. This is a way to transcend your fears.
Flying is an integral part of lucid dreaming, IMO. At least that's my take on it. 95% of my lucid dreams I am either flying around, floating around, or climbing walls and ceilings or something.
In the lucid world I am like a superhero.. I can fly around, can see around corners and through walls, can neutralize hostile beings with a wave of positive energy. To me it's just a training course for the other side.
Have fun in your adventures, the dream world is just as important to your life as the waking.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #875215 - 09/10/02 05:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Very neat site. I'm reading over it now. I've been very interested in dreams since I was young. I remember dreams from when I was about 2. I began having lucid dreams until about 12. They then stopped. I really didnt dream much until about a year ago and I'm now 20. I'm now beginning to return to lucid dreaming and it is facinating. I can never really think of what to do in the dream once I find that I'm dreaming. I'd like to try flying, but I've forgotten how to forget all the rules of the normal world. I'm relearning that now.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #875291 - 09/10/02 06:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Actuially... The rest of that page is a load of crap, but that lucid page is really neat.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #875589 - 09/10/02 08:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I believe all dreaming takes place on the astral plane.it is only the level of awarenss within the plane that dictates if it is lucid or astral. Good post, i think i might try some techniques again.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

#876100 - 09/11/02 02:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Does anybody else get reoccuring dreams??
I have been having the same dream for awhile and it is fucked because i feel asif i am actually feeling my brain process as i am dreaming. This may sound strange but check this,
I have had this dream occur around 4 times. It consists of hunting mushrooms in everyone. Now the weird bit which has me fuckin stumped.
I will think in my dream and picture in my minds eye where the spots are and it seems so lucid everytime. I do not know how or why this is occuring but it never has done before until recently. "Calea" has definetly improved me dream lucidness but this shit is just damn strange, it`s like i am living another reality in my dream in which i can think and do as i please. Even bring thought and memories up.  :smirk: 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #876102 - 09/11/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would love to lucid dream, but every time it happens, I realize "WOOHOO I AM LUCID DREAMING" and then i wake up  :frown:

Any tips on preventing this?

I used to write my dreams down when I woke up: I found this an excellent tool for remembering dreams.  I could remember every dream every night.  But I got lazy and stopped hehe

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: pattern]
    #876318 - 09/11/02 04:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would love to lucid dream, but every time it happens, I realize "WOOHOO I AM LUCID DREAMING" and then i wake up

I used to have this problem too but now it's possible for me to fall back asleep right away and slip back into the same dream. In fact, it's easier to maintain lucidity when you go from being awake straight to REM sleep instead of going through a full REM cycle with the interveing delta-wave sleep.

So what I'm saying is that the best time to have a lucid dream is in the morning, after you wake up and go back to sleep.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

hj [Re: infidelGOD]
    #877664 - 09/11/02 12:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ghj

Edited by shaos (04/13/11 01:38 AM)

OfflineBleedingSickness
Friend OfAttention Whore
Loc: Northern USA
Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #877970 - 09/11/02 02:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The best way to achieve a state of lucid dreaming and stay there is simply like getting good at anything:) practice I've found that steady noises will help you achieve a state of lucid dreaming much easier because they let you know that your asleep and your there these can be anything from putting a soothing song on repeat to continuous beeping. On a few occasions it was easiest to achieve this state for me when I'd slept most the night and then awoken to music playing the music would then play and since I was so tired and half asleep I would fall right back asleep and the song would keep playing inside my head such a strange phenomina then I could pretty much control everything but the music was still playing but see the thing is if your cd player isn't on repeat and plays different songs once your dreaming you will only hear one song it'll repeat over an over again at least it did for me.

There are also lucid dreaming herbs that help you better enter that state of mind they've been used for years by the native americans to see visions and such:) Sorry i wrote part of this post earlier and now I'm sort of hyped up so I'll end it before it gets any rougher

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: lucid dreaming: an entrance to another realm [Re: infidelGOD]
    #878256 - 09/11/02 03:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

> So what I'm saying is that the best time to have a lucid dream is in the morning,
> after you wake up and go back to sleep

hehe maybe thats why i hit SNOOZE ten times every morning :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepopdewman
passenger

#879406 - 09/12/02 02:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i read about calea helping to induce lucid dreams.. going to order some.. it's only 20$ an ounce at suncoastorganics.com and i've read good things about it

the music thing is an awesome tip.. i take naps with music playing all the time and im always having dreams about the music playing.. but ive never connected the music to reality to help me turn my dream into a lucid one.. but i'll definitely try now
thanks

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#879444 - 09/12/02 03:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

More tips for lucid dreaming. If you say "WOOHOO I AM LUCID DREAMING" and then wake up then, Carlos Castenada might say your problem is endulgence. So like BleedingSickness said, get something normal - what Castenada, myself and many others say is to look at your hands while awake, study them especially right before sleep. make habit of looking at your hands all throughout the day, and then you might think to look at your hands in your sleep. For some reason every time I look at my hands in my sleep I realize it is a dream and can control them better and better every time. I also agree that morning and afternoon naps are the best for lucid dreaming, I think it has to with light rather than other things. When on mushrooms light triggers both visual and mental tripping reactions so I think it is a reaction from the sunlight.
Now for reoccuring dreams and conciousness of thought process. Ive never had this from dreaming, but I do experience it when tripping. I often find myself watching myself think - Anyone else know what Im talking about?

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #880585 - 09/12/02 02:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hehe maybe thats why i hit SNOOZE ten times every morning
:smile:

Another way to increase the chances of lucid dreaming is to deprive yourself of REM sleep for a few days. Alcohol works for this  :laugh:

And when you sleep in 'til noon on Saturday morning, you'll have REM rebound - you'll dream continuously for up to an hour. If you can become lucid as it starts, you're in for a treat - trust me, I've lived entire lifetimes on Saturday mornings.

The most important thing you can do to increase your chances of lucidity is to write down your dreams every morning. Just being more aware of your dreams makes you more likely to realize when you are dreaming.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology