Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestart25
Was this a lucid dream?
    #1965502 - 09/30/03 11:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I woke up the other day floating in nothing. Since I've been thinking a lot about lucid dreaming I tried to make visuals appear, but it it didn't work. I woke up in my dorm room (I was home), and immediately looked at the clocks, because that's what I do every morning when I wake up. They were messed up so I'm like "ok I'm definitely dreaming, I can do anything I want." I tried to make stuff happen but nothing worked, and I just kind of sat around my room. Then the lights went out mysteriously, and I got up and turned them back on. That's pretty much it. Throughout the whole thing my body really hurt. It felt like there was a lot of pressure on it, and my cheeks felt like they were being ripped apart for no conceivable reason. I thought this was a lucid dream but since everything I tried to make happen failed to materialize I thought maybe I was just having a dream about a lucid dream. most people here seem like they've had experience with these things, any insights?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Was this a lucid dream? [Re: start25]
    #1966643 - 09/30/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There are many types of interesting dream/sleep states. This doesn't sound like a lucid dream, but just because it wasn't doesn't make it an insignificant experience. I half-wake many times in a black void with pressure on my body and feel/hear a throbbing electrical hum throughout my body. This sounds a bit like what you had. Was it? In that state I'm aware of what's going on, that I'm sleeping, but I can't make any sense or purpose of it. Weird stuff.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1966882 - 09/30/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lucidity sits on a spectrum. There are various levels of lucidity. But lucid doesn't necesarily mean you have strong enough will to control things. In higher, or "esctatic lucid dreams" you have complete control over you and your suroundings. This sort of gives you a rush feeling, it's very enjoyable and can last into the next day. Great way to start your morning!

But to achieve having a strong will in lucid dreams you need much patience. It oftens takes lucid dreamers several tries to control things. I know it took a while for myself. Keep trying.One thing I can sugest is to take control of your dream body and walk around. This provides stimulation and keeps you in the dream. Remember that you're dreaming and eventually you'll be able to control things. :grin: 

--------------------

Offlinestart25
Re: Was this a lucid dream? [Re: ]
    #1967146 - 09/30/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes max, that's almost exactly it, when I woke up in the black void I was fully aware I was sleeping, and it was almost as if I was hanging out there, I remember flipping myself around playfully at first. Then I tried to visualize things, but it was almost as if I was closing my eyes while high, and I could only feel certain emotions (fear actually). This was definitely the most conscious I've ever been in a dream. When I woke up out of the black void into the new dream there was a feeling of linear time (not specific), and my memory of it is almost as if I lived it in real life rather than my usual foggy snapshot dream memories.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1967164 - 09/30/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's clear to me, Lucid, that u had a Lucid dream... :tongue:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology