Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Lucid Dreams
    #794216 - 08/03/02 01:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hello! Sorry to all those who have written me, I have been away for the last two weeks but I am (as you can see) back again. So, we meet again...

I have been reading up and attempting to have Lucid Dreams for about a month now and last week I abruptly reached the point that I could do it so easily that I now sometimes do it without meaning to. I have already also progressed to the point that I can control the dream.

I think Lucid Dreams are terrific because like tripping and meditating they are a way to alter your consciousness, in my opinion the most beneficial and educating experience one can have.

Has anyone else had any experiences with Lucid Dreams? Any interesting experiences? Anyone else notice (or is it just me) that these dreams are devoid of the physical sensations?

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #794365 - 08/03/02 02:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How did you go about getting lucid? I've been interested in lucid dreaming for a month or so now and have only been able to remember my dreams really well up to 5 in one night. But in my dreams I still think of them as normal daily activity.

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: ]
    #794390 - 08/03/02 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the first time I did it I got up in the middle of the night and went pee real fast. I never really WOKE UP and so when I went back to bed I was close to sleep (I recommend that). It is hard to explain but I just tried to keep my mind "awake" and let my body sleep. I just tried to relax, not move, let my body rest and keep my consciousness awake. I can't put it into words how I did this because it is just not words sort of thing. You can fefinitely FEEL your body go to sleep, it is a very powerful feeling.

Hope that helps.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (08/03/02 02:50 PM)

Offlinepsilisoma
Stranger
    #794406 - 08/03/02 03:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I read a book about lucid dreaming years ago. The "technique to achieve a lucid dream was to repeat to yourself quietly, "I will lucid dream, I will lucid dream, I will lucid dream, etc. before falling asleep. It was that simple and yes, it did work. The author gave instructions for changing your location in a dream. It was to spin your dream body 360 degrees, while asleep of course, and you will be transported to another dream location. I did that once and it worked!

Anonymous

#794419 - 08/03/02 03:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well shroomalicious thats kind of a by chance thing to do but I will try it whenever I get the chance, thanks.

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#794701 - 08/03/02 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ahh, ive been able to do this a couple of times, its amazing. I always found it happening, when i would wake up in the middle of then night abrubtly, then fall back asleep. What i usually do if im dreaming, and i feel that anything is different than what it should be, i look at my hands. Usually what happens is when people find out its a dream, they suddenly wake up. Dont know why this happens, but you learn to control it over time. Its very cool, ive expienced many great things with this. Lets your mind soar.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #794890 - 08/03/02 10:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean about letting your mind stay awake and letting the body sleep. If you have experience with meditation, it's somewhat similar to this for me. I lay down in the dark, and try and keep my eyes open for awhile, keeping my mind awake, but commanding my body's senses to fall asleep. I sort of glaze over into the astral / dream world, sometimes with predetermined dreams that I am consciously aware of happening, sometimes with total free will...

Thanks for the post, you've inspired me to try it out some more tonite.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Adamist]
    #795109 - 08/04/02 06:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this is being discussed in another post. all i have to say is "calea zacatechicci".

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #795544 - 08/04/02 12:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Are you guys talking about lucid dreams or out of body experiences?

'Medatating' while laying down and the body is tired enduces an out of body experience rather than a lucid dream.

I have had 3 occurances of this happening to me. 2 of them were a result of medatating or focusing on my soul seperating itself from my body.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Murex]
    #795915 - 08/04/02 03:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know, I think I've had both... It's hard for me to tell the difference.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Adamist]
    #796015 - 08/04/02 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I imagine an OBE would be more vivid and your surroundings being more 'to this reality' than a lucid dream.

Anonymous

#796028 - 08/04/02 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I lucid dream frequently. It is when you become consciously aware that you are dreaming, and thereby able to control all aspects of it. Most of my lucid dreams involve a sense of little to no gravity.. or the ability to fly. It is one of the greatest feelings I can comprehend.. the overwhelming sense of liberation, free from the constraints of physicality. It is a good place for the spirit to play while the body rests. I highly recommend flying.

Offlinejomama
Loc: pasadena, ca
    #796498 - 08/04/02 08:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, flying rules. The problem I find is that as soon as I realize that I'm flying in my dream and try to control my direction and height I can't fly anymore.
What's also strange is that I'll wake up in my dream. I mean I'm still dreaming, but in the dream I wake up, sleeping in the same position, same place, same clothes...then things get weird and I wake up all freaked out.

--------------------

OfflineBrainNirvana
Stranger

Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: jomama]
    #796541 - 08/04/02 09:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jomama That's funny I do the same thing, it's like I wake (in my dream) right in the action of flying. And then I try to and I jump and find myself landing hard on the ground and waking up. I lucid dream allot but never can control the place or location. And sometimes this gets really scary almost to the point of wondering what reality was.. I know sounds wired, but sometimes it feels like I was almost able to live out a bad part of my life again, figuring out that I couldn't do things much better the second time.

Edited by BrainNirvana (08/04/02 09:15 PM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #827588 - 08/19/02 09:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I find melatonin (available at GNC) very helpful when i am trying to have lucid dreams.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #827610 - 08/19/02 09:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've never had any other dream apart from lucid dreams ever since i was a kid. I've always been able to wake up and go for a drink of water, go back to bed and start right in where i left off in the dream.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTripamang
Woah, How'd Iget here?
Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Xlea321]
    #828788 - 08/19/02 07:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Lucid Dreams are sort of my nightmare... A lot of the time i'll have very non vivid lucid dreams where I am very mentally concious and my body is very much asleep. It's like being left with your thoughts in what seems like infinite time frame.

I also find that (when i have the good lucid dreams) that if you want something to happen, verbalizing it in your mind is a massive no no because it makes the brain apply the laws of normal thought to your current thought ie you can't change your location by simply thinking your somewhere else. The best way to get around that sort of thing is to silence your inner voice as much as possible, especially when you want something to happen. Visualize but don't verbalize and what your wildest ideas will become a reality (kinda)...

Offlinegregory1258
Stranger
Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: Murex]
    #5345921 - 02/27/06 05:51 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

This board has nothing to do with the study of lucid dreaming.
It's main focus appears to be the effects of psychodelic mushrooms.
The dreams are just an interesting side effect but not explored
beyond that context.

TJ

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: gregory1258]
    #5347276 - 02/27/06 11:36 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

In college I was lucid dreaming uncontrollably after learning how. I got really sick from lack of sleep and had to teach myself how to dream again. Warning posted; my key to lucid dreams was from Carlos Castaneda. Look at your hands all the time. Make a habit of it like every time you leave a room or just do it whenever you think of it. Really look at your hands and get to know exactly what they look like. I looked at my hands in a dream and it was like a key had been turned.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Lucid Dreams [Re: LittleBen]
    #5347725 - 02/28/06 01:27 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

About two months ago, I was very much into Lucid Dreaming. I could have a lucid dream often and I even induced an OBE. I do often end up flying in my lucid dreams, but I don't really mind because it feels awesome.

jomama, I have the same problem - once I start flying around its hard to get back down again. One time I was lucky enough to be so in control that I could jump and down huge hights, and on my last jump I flew into the sky and past the clouds.  :sunny: :sunny:

P.S: Whoever mentioned the Calea is right on. I also used the dream herbs and it was absolutely weird. I remember one time I went to sleep and I could actually feel myself falling into a dream and the dreams would often be so vivid that I would confuse them for real until a few minutes after waking up and realizing that nothing that I experienced made sense.

The techniques that I used to help induce lucid dreaming:
- looking at my hands (LittleBen is right, my hands tripped me right out when I looked at them in a dream). Also looking at clocks
- keeping a dream journal (absolutely necessary in my opinion)
- waking up after 4 and a half or 6 hours after going to sleep, staying up for 2 hours then going back to sleep
- meditating before and after going to sleep
- after meditating, i listened to Stephen Laberge's Lucid Dream meditation audio book
- I told myself "I will have a lucid dream tonight" and then I decided what I was going to do, like fly in the sky or look in a mirror.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Melatonin

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology