Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: DailyPot]
    #1611933 - 06/05/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I went lucid again last night.

I haven't in awhile so it was pretty exciting.

I was riding around with my friend in his car. We were trying to get somewhere, and I noticed he was driving us into this 'dangerous' area. It was like the rural slums or something... this woodsy area where there were hobos lurking or something like that..

Anyways, I got frustrated and looked right at him, and I suddenly realized what was going on. And i PULLED HIS FACE OFF. It was pretty fucked up. It came off just like a plastic mask and underneath he sort of looked like a different friend of mine.

I said something like "I know you're not real, I know this isn't real".

But whenever I realize I'm dreaming like that, I get really anxious and scared... I feel like theres some consequence that's gonna fuck my world over because I've realized some huge secret... So I always freak out and start getting those huge body shocks and then I wake up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: Grav]
    #1611937 - 06/05/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dailypot, what exactly did you take? How long before sleeping and how much?

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: lucid]
    #1612274 - 06/05/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's the Zoloft. I seem to one of the lucky few who are effected in this manner, according to the literature. :smile: 

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: Grav]
    #1612330 - 06/05/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dream herb, two cups off weak tea I think, about a table spoon per cup

by the time i feel asleep for real it had been 6hrs since i drank it

i dunno exactly how much ur suppost to take since it seem no place has proper info

Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: lucid]
    #1613646 - 06/06/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i remember i read somewhere that only 30% of the population has lucid dreams on a regular basis.

my dreams are almost always lucid, most times they're like this

Quote:

Interesting, from most of the lucid dreaming accounts on this thread I get the
impression that people can really control every aspect of their dreams after
becomming lucid. This was certainly not the case for me. While I could
manipulate certain things, other things were unaffected by me. Even in the
dream, while telling myself that this is MY dream and I should be able to
change this or that, I was unable to. Don't know how others on this
thread managed to do this... damn control freaks :grin: 

sometimes they're very terrible and sometimes they're the best moments i've ever had. i don't know about you guys but every lucid dream i have i can recall it exactally as it happened and re-examine it later from a number of different views.

my dreams almost always have a meaning to them specific to me and my part in the grand scheme of life. i'd like to go into detail about it but i've got a little beer buzz going on and i don't like to explain things while under the influence. i'm not sure if anyone would even be interested in hearing my stories anyhow lol  :grin: but if someone says they'd like to know about them i will set some time aside tomorrow and make a detailed post about it, if not it's no big loss as i'm not the most social person in the world

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Edited by spiritshaper (06/06/03 02:12 AM)

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: spiritshaper]
    #1613658 - 06/06/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my lucid dreams are always in technicolor. the colors are cooler than when shrooming even though its like your shrooming. I actually had one a few nights ago till my dog fucked it all up by barking his balls off at the lightning.

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1620614 - 06/09/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had my first lucid dream last night. I've picked up the habit of looking at my hands and asking if I'm dreaming. So last night I finally did it in the dream. I was in a classroom like I was in high school again and I walked right up to the teacher slammed my hand on her desk (that sudden surge of power that comes with awareness is amazing) and continued to tell her she was just a part of my dream. I remember specifically telling her, "Yes, that is your name, but WHO ARE YOU?" She didn't say anything. After that I used kung fu on some classmates that had been picking on me pre-awareness.

Also, I've tripped in a dream before. I've tripped, I smoked up, and I rolled once. In the dream trip it was raining bullets. It was crazy!

My question is this, how does one bend dream reality once your aware that you can?

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Edited by LostMetropolis (06/09/03 02:18 PM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1621063 - 06/09/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol
I'm afraid of doing something like what happened w/ your teacher and then realizing I'm really awake. I almost did that once...I woulda looked crazy. I was dreaming and then I woke up and realized I was still dreaming and woke up and thought I was still dreaming lol. Cuz I couldn't read my book, good think I figured it out.

You have to mess around in your dream to figure out how to change it. I've noticed that if you're new to it not looking at things help, like instead of creating something out of thin air try to pull it out of your pocket. You'll get the hang of it.

OfflineLostMetropolis

#1625641 - 06/11/03 03:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, once I knew it was a dream, it didn't matter. If I had done the reality test and found that it wasn't a dream I sure as hell wouldnt have done it. Heh.

Got the hang of it last night. Had my second lucid dream, so I did a bit more experimentation with it. It started out as horrible nightmare. I was at the mercy of all these texas chainsaw massacre type characters in this town far away. Eventually I looked at my hands and asked if I was dreaming, and alas I was. So I saved myself from the nightmare.

I ended up messing with my surroundings a little bit, shouting commands out into the air as if there were a computer controlling everything around me. I'll have to remember not to close my eyes next time I command my surroundings. I did that a few times and when I opened my eyes, my real eyes opened too, which would wake me momentarily. I stopped real time as well so I would have more time to experiment. I started to go back into the nightmare again though so I spinned around as I've read you're supposed to do. Fortunately it worked. I ended up in a house. Strangely there were beings there for my awakening. They were happy that I had awakened and that I was changing the dream palette around me at my will. After messing around a bit I asked one of the beings how to wake up. They answered me in my mind, so I opened my mouth wide a bunch of times and I woke up. Strange. The thing that gets me the most about it though is how much more real it feels once you're lucid. Regular dreaming is child's play by comparison. I don't remember the last time I felt so alive as when I woke up from the lucidity. It felt a lot like waking from the matrix, only more pleasant. I'm truly inspired. I think I'm going to write a story about it.

I'm curious though. Have there been many studies on lucid dreaming as means for helping the sick? For some reason when I woke up, I thought about aids victims or coma victims or people dying from cancer, and how much more at ease they would be if they could dream like this. I've heard of people who have stopped real time and have had 100 year long lucid dreams and such. If I was dying I wouldnt mind extending my life a little, even if only in my dreams.

Either way, I'm estatic. I think I'll try to fly next time. =)

--------------------

Edited by LostMetropolis (06/11/03 04:23 AM)

OfflineLostMetropolis

Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1625642 - 06/11/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OH yeah, also I've been taking 5-HTP for a few weeks now. I took it last night just before going to sleep. I think it definetely helped.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1626766 - 06/11/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>> dream herb, two cups off weak tea I think, about a table spoon per cup

That's not quite enough. Simmer a strong tea for about 15 minutes, allowing it to steep covered while you smoke a sizable bowl/joint filled with Calea Zacatechichi. Don't mix with cannabis; you will become confused.

This practice gave me some of the most vivid dream experiences and recollection I've ever been so fortunate for. Nothing conciously interactive, though. Perhaps next time.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: Cougheeman]
    #1629244 - 06/12/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I just started up lucid dreaming practices once again, i got kind of scared before and stopped. Iam not really sure if its lucid dreaming or an onset of a obe(out of body experience). When i get into it, everything starts to buzz at a high frequency, and my enivornment is extactly the same. Then i get a few waves of vibirations which is suppose to happen right before a obe, and a paralyazing effect takes place. That's as far as it goes since i get scared and try and come out of it.

...Well, you see, the thing with lucid dreaming...is that you're asleep.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: Sev]
    #1629898 - 06/12/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I studied the lucid dream last year for a university project and found some great training for inducing lucid dreams. Here is the reference of one of the best training that gives results in only weeks for most people!

Tholey, P. (1983). Techniques for inducing and manipulating lucid dreams. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 57, 79-90

I will try to find it back and post it there.

Anonymous

Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1630489 - 06/13/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

out of body experiences are better, there is absolutely nothing to be scared of(unless your scared of yourself :wink: )  you are IMMORTAL out of body, you cannot be harmed, only scared.  Show love and you will be all powerful.  nothing beats love.  and plus you cant be harmed so what is there to fear?  you only feel fear because you are in a physical body and know you can be hurt or even die.  well when  out of body, how can you die.....you basically already stepped through the door, sept you have a coord connected to your astral body that will bring you back to your body if you need to come back for some reason, or most times it will pull you back in without your consent.

but hey, lucid dreaming is tyte too, you can have sex with hotties :laugh:

[edit]:
Quote:

My question is this, how does one bend dream reality once your aware that you can?

by not thinking you can do something, but by KNOWING you can. Know you are in completely control.  Dont question your ability, just do it as naturally as taking a hit from a bong, you know your gonna get a big ripper, there is no questioning it, you dont pack one up and think your gonna get a pussy hit.

Edited by Kottonmouth (06/13/03 01:47 AM)

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: ]
    #1631229 - 06/13/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Lucid dreaming are very fun and not that difficult to achieve, 2 weeks of practice and you will have one, what is more difficult is to maintain one when you are in it.
I would not compare it with shrooms, very different feeling and state of consciousness, in a ld I almost think like in a normal state.
Shrooms is more comparable to oobe, colors are similar and in a real oobe you have a mind expansion type of feeling similar to shrooms but not quite the same.
As per the dream herb, does no effect in me, plus it taste like crap heheh.
My 2 cents

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: Speaking of Lucid Dreaming... [Re: ]
    #1631314 - 06/13/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

[edit]:
Quote:

by not thinking you can do something, but by KNOWING you can. Know you are in completely control. Dont question your ability, just do it as naturally as taking a hit from a bong, you know your gonna get a big ripper, there is no questioning it, you dont pack one up and think your gonna get a pussy hit.

Yeah. Honestly, the thought that I -couldn't- bend reality to my will when I realised I was dreaming never occured to me. I think the first time it happened went something like this:

"Hey, I think I'm dreaming."
*will myself to be somewhere else*
*one place fades in and the other fades out, like scenery changing on a stage...*
"...Yep, guess I'm dreaming."

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds