Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 911 | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | 916 | 917 | 918 | 919 | 920 | 921 | 922 | 923 | 924 | 925 | 926 | 927 | 928 | 929 | 930 | 931 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 3
    #28065263 -

So I wanted two strains that didn't spore and I got:

Hillbilly Pumpkin - Has grown nicer and stronger looking than the other strains I've put to agar...



Albino Melmak - So fast, it will colonize this cup in probably 4 more days...



These will be the strains I put to SSLC...

:cookiemonster:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Grogu] * 3
    #28065265 -

Nat T4 on water agar


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Grogu] * 2
    #28065271 -

Three sets of plates running atm:



1. Yeti from a kind sponsor, I cut up a couple of the swabs and put the pieces on 6 plates.

2. PEU from a donor plate that's been in my fridge for 11 months

3. Pan from a donor plate that's been in my fridge for 11 months.

All plates have been running around a week, and no growth on any of them.

a. I still have 2 more Yeti swabs, my next try was going to cut them down and put the whole swab on a plate.  No growth on the existing ones weird?

b. Really nothing to lose on the PEU and Pan plates, but the lack of growth is suspicious, no?


--------------------
-PH!

Edited by PurpleHat (11/22/22 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: PurpleHat] * 1
    #28066521 -

I've had spore plates germ almost a month after swiping. Between one and two weeks is norm.


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc] * 5
    #28067260 -

I've germinated a few swabs, testing some lc, some dried grain tests, fun.

Phobos, Tidalwave, Mmtp, Pe, Playa x fiji swabs.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc]
    #28067269 -

I started three plates five days ago and I know I have contam on these. What I’m wondering now is what to do next?  It seems like there might be some mycelium (I’m still new so I might be wrong in there being mycelium) so I’m not sure if I should try to transfer these or start over. They’re three different strains from spore syringes. I have a fourth syringe that I did straight to grain just to get some shrooms to make clones of.



This one I’m guessing is bacteria with mycelium growing. Should I wait for a leading edge to get away from the bacteria or do it now?



I had the wrong one updloaded here. Now it’s right. This one seems all messed up. I’m hoping it was my sterile technique and not a dirty syringe. I’m not even sure I can tell between mold and mycelium until it grows a bit more and starts to turn green. Should I just toss this and try again?



This is my best one but there’s a faint haze over about half of one side of the plate (my guess is cobweb). There does seem to be one spot that looks like promising growth. Should I transfer now or let it go longer?

I’m kind of wondering if the strategy should be to let it grow and see, then modify my next agar to get mycelium away from contam (like next time maybe water agar).

Edited by SunGuy (11/24/22 11:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SunGuy] * 1
    #28067272 -

No myc in the first plate, just bacteria. The other two pics are both the same and you some kind of mold growing in it.


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28067338 -

SirPsycho said:
No myc in the first plate, just bacteria. The other two pics are both the same and you some kind of mold growing in it.



I just noticed the second pic was the third twice in a row. Now the right picture is there.

So should I just toss and try again or is it worth taking transfers?  I have the agar, containers, pc, etc to make as many plates as I want but that second pic seems a bit too far gone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28067340 -

You could possibly isolate some of the myc in the first plate once it grows out a tad more but might be a slog.  If the the same syringe was used on the grain, I’d wager it’s toast.  Are those homemade syringes?  Definitely not acceptable from a vendor.  Best bet would be to get some clean(er) spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycolorado] * 6
    #28067363 -





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycolorado]
    #28067444 -

Mycolorado said:
You could possibly isolate some of the myc in the first plate once it grows out a tad more but might be a slog.  If the the same syringe was used on the grain, I’d wager it’s toast.  Are those homemade syringes?  Definitely not acceptable from a vendor.  Best bet would be to get some clean(er) spores.



I’m wondering if it’s my swabs. I think I’ll do some new plates with just drops on the agar plates. Otherwise I’ll have to do brf to make my own spore prints. Either that or go on a posting spree to get to the marketplace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SunGuy]
    #28067488 -

SunGuy said:
I’m wondering if it’s my swabs. I think I’ll do some new plates with just drops on the agar plates. Otherwise I’ll have to do brf to make my own spore prints. Either that or go on a posting spree to get to the marketplace.



I'd definitely do some PF just to get something going to clone & print. I did that while cleaning up things on agar. Technically I had cleaned up 3 varieties on agar, spawned them to grain, were slightly bacterial still, & got fruit from them about the same time as my PF tek.

I think starting over with fresh plates, as well as trying to clean up those plates is a good learning activity.

I'm a few months in but have had good & bad luck with it all. However I can say 100% most of the contam issues I've faced are my techniques fault. I'm still facing issues with things not being as clean as they should be but have had successful fruits on every variety I've attempted. You got this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CJD]
    #28067512 -

This is going to sound like a dumb question but oh well...

Is it possible to have bacteria growing underneath agar in a plate, lets say if the petri dish itself was the source of contamination?

Too many of my dishes seem to be getting a weird wet spot around the bottom of the wedge, and then the myc always seems to stall out and grow poorly. It doesn't seem to matter what the donor plate looked like.

I apologize for this obviously misguided question, but I am really struggling with trying to find out what the possible vector for contams might be. I feel like ever since I ordered a 500pack of petri dishes awhile back, my agar work has been really hit and miss.

I made a post describing some of the issues I'm having but haven't got much feedback. I'm definitely stabbing in the dark/running in circles over this issue. In the post I think it's something else, but really I have no clue.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28058228/page/2


--------------------
"A thing really exists if it has any capacity at all, either to do something...or to have the smallest thing done to it...I'll take it as a definition that being amounts to nothing other than capacity"

Plato-Sophist 274e

Edited by Phaedo (11/24/22 01:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28067521 -

Dish brand?

How do you sterilize the agar media and for how long? Do you do it in front of FH/FFU or inside SAB? Poor sterile technique could mean you are pouring the bacterias in there as well.


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rusty2096] * 1
    #28067539 -

The dishes are from a company called Aaka scientific

I sterilize the agar at 15 psi for 20 mins + 10mins venting time for the PC.
Poured in front of a flow hood.

I pour 25-50 at a time and keep them wrapped. They never show signs on contams while in storage. I think I probably already answered my question here but :shrug:


--------------------
"A thing really exists if it has any capacity at all, either to do something...or to have the smallest thing done to it...I'll take it as a definition that being amounts to nothing other than capacity"

Plato-Sophist 274e

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28067542 -

Sadly I also think you just did :sadyes:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Phaedo]
    #28067643 -

It looks like sectoring to me. I'm not sure about the spots around your myc but the myc looks good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #28067744 -



Psilocybe zapotecorum and.... something else :crankey:


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28067746 -

Just a happy little friend. You don’t want a new friend?


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28067755 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Just a happy little friend. You don’t want a new friend?



Not in Zaps personal space.

I put this plate aside, until I need it or w/e. If he continues to grow I'll do an open air transfer in my kitchen and give him his own home.


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 911 | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | 916 | 917 | 918 | 919 | 920 | 921 | 922 | 923 | 924 | 925 | 926 | 927 | 928 | 929 | 930 | 931 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,284 topic views. 7 members, 53 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 18 queries.