Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 661 | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie] * 3
    #27683304 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Fresh Prints] * 1
    #27683345 -

Flippity-flop growth between transfers.


A few from T3 --

   


A few from T4 --

     



...9 days since putting the T4 wedges to grain --

     


:shakepepsi:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie]
    #27683544 -

Comments welcome about agar.
These are second plates from a clone and curious about what I'm seeing.

The first two are from two of the same strain. I'm thinking the green is the myc sucking up the food coloring of the agar. The edges, to me,  look good.



The second two are also clones from a different strain.


Any Thoughts?

Thanks
BM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bonanzaman]
    #27683560 -

I think the first one is a slime mold. A food coloring reaction should only happen on older parts of plates not so soon. Or is it already grown out with weak mycelium it's hard to see. Maybe just bacteria.

The second one looks like it's growing inside the agar instead of on top. Probably a competitor mold.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Edited by sandman420 (03/05/22 08:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27683572 -

agar question, can cubes germinate on tea agar? I find it super handy when dealing with bacteria infested cultures
I know for a fact that wood lovers including trich love it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dyel]
    #27683802 -



Some Ps cyan that I neglected for 2 months, doesn't seem to have bothered it


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27683922 -

sandman420 said:
I think the first one is a slime mold. A food coloring reaction should only happen on older parts of plates not so soon. Or is it already grown out with weak mycelium it's hard to see. Maybe just bacteria.

The second one looks like it's growing inside the agar instead of on top. Probably a competitor mold.



Both sets were done on 2-15 so almost three weeks ago. Both were using the same agar plates.  Maybe I should get/make agar plates with a more neutral color to take some of the variables away.
I used the same tools for both and between each transfer, sanitized the tools.
If there was a slime mold issue, it only happened with the same strain unless the original pieces had the issue, but that agar didn't appear to show it.
Maybe someday I'll figure it all out. :ooo:

Edited by bonanzaman (03/05/22 02:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27683924 -

I second that emotion


--------------------
When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion.


Philip K. Dick
Lies, Inc. (1984)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheConfluence]
    #27684060 -

It's probably just bacteria being weird on the food coloring. Slime mold would be super rare and weird. It just looks crazy.

Try some neutral plates and try to get those bubbles down. Personally I don't shake the agar jar after PCing.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bonanzaman]
    #27684064 -

bonanzaman said:
Comments welcome about agar.
These are second plates from a clone and curious about what I'm seeing.

The first two are from two of the same strain. I'm thinking the green is the myc sucking up the food coloring of the agar. The edges, to me,  look good.



The second two are also clones from a different strain.


Any Thoughts?

Thanks
BM



Hard to tell but you're probably right, probably sucking up food coloring, since the edges don't have it.

I'd skip food coloring at first, at least green, since it will make it hard to see if it's got contam. At first glance I actually thought this was algae. haha.

If you have to use colors, a tip: don't try red, it's known to be anti-fungal. But I recommend to try black. It's charcoal, so it's also a nutrient.  I know rhizo isn't needed, but I've had nothing since rhizo since I started using it. Rhizo looks cool, but it's also easier to tell from common molds, which look more like fluffy mycelium. Rhizo on black agar:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #27684100 -



My first agar pin 😁

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Prakriti] * 1
    #27684109 -

Prakriti said:


My first agar pin 😁




Nice! pluck that off the plate and drop it onto a new one, that's all there is to it! Plate pins usually put off really strong growth to so you'll have an easy time cleaning it up.


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 1
    #27684117 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Nice! pluck that off the plate and drop it onto a new one, that's all there is to it! Plate pins usually put off really strong growth to so you'll have an easy time cleaning it up.



My favorite shrooms so far are some x7x plin (plate pin) clones. I grew one shoe box, ate some, had the best trip of my life, and am now growing 3 more boxes.
----
CONTAM QUESTION:
So the pic below is a 10-day old T1 clone off a stipe clone culture. I had to turn the contrast way up to show what I'm asking about: The fuzz on the left and top of the grow. (The contrast also brought out scratches and tape residue on the top of the plate, ignore that.)

There is what looks like very fine mycelium growing off the left and top. In real life, it's hard to see unless you look closely from certain angles.

Is this likely contam, or likely mycelium?
thank you.

contam question

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27684119 -

The Fresh Prints said:




Feathery!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #27684123 -

nektar61 said:
bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Nice! pluck that off the plate and drop it onto a new one, that's all there is to it! Plate pins usually put off really strong growth to so you'll have an easy time cleaning it up.



My favorite shrooms so far are some x7x plin (plate pin) clones. I grew one shoe box, ate some, had the best trip of my life, and am now growing 3 more boxes.
----
CONTAM QUESTION:
So the pic below is a 10-day old T1 clone off a stipe clone culture. I had to turn the contrast way up to show what I'm asking about: The fuzz on the left and top of the grow. (The contrast also brought out scratches and tape residue on the top of the plate, ignore that.)

There is what looks like very fine mycelium growing off the left and top. Is this likely contam, or likely mycelium?
thank you.

contam question



Likely mycelium, proceed. Worst-case, you’ll know for sure in a day or two. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27684137 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Prakriti said:


My first agar pin 😁




Nice! pluck that off the plate and drop it onto a new one, that's all there is to it! Plate pins usually put off really strong growth to so you'll have an easy time cleaning it up.



Already done, bud. Stoked!

Edited by Prakriti (03/05/22 05:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Boozie]
    #27684140 -

Boozie said:
nektar61 said:
bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Nice! pluck that off the plate and drop it onto a new one, that's all there is to it! Plate pins usually put off really strong growth to so you'll have an easy time cleaning it up.



My favorite shrooms so far are some x7x plin (plate pin) clones. I grew one shoe box, ate some, had the best trip of my life, and am now growing 3 more boxes.
----
CONTAM QUESTION:
So the pic below is a 10-day old T1 clone off a stipe clone culture. I had to turn the contrast way up to show what I'm asking about: The fuzz on the left and top of the grow. (The contrast also brought out scratches and tape residue on the top of the plate, ignore that.)

There is what looks like very fine mycelium growing off the left and top. Is this likely contam, or likely mycelium?
thank you.

contam question



Likely mycelium, proceed. Worst-case, you’ll know for sure in a day or two. :shrug:



Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #27684148 -

Are these APE t2's ready for grain? or should i take another transfer? I used liquid food coloring black dye, it seems to be turning slightly organ, the mycelium seems very white and strong but not in the center. Is it ready or ?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: shroomyg123]
    #27684219 -

shroomyg123 said:
Are these APE t2's ready for grain? or should i take another transfer? I used liquid food coloring black dye, it seems to be turning slightly organ, the mycelium seems very white and strong but not in the center. Is it ready or ?






Personally, I'd transfer one more time. No particular reason other than just being thorough. But why not do both? Prep some grain, prep some plates, take some slices from your favorite plates and transfer, cut some big ol' wedges and throw them to the grain. Potential win-win. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #27684287 -

nektar61 said:
bonanzaman said:
Comments welcome about agar

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
BM



Hard to tell but you're probably right, probably sucking up food coloring, since the edges don't have it.

I'd skip food coloring at first, at least green, since it will make it hard to see if it's got contam. At first glance I actually thought this was algae. haha.

If you have to use colors, a tip: don't try red, it's known to be anti-fungal. But I recommend to try black. It's charcoal, so it's also a nutrient.  I know rhizo isn't needed, but I've had nothing since rhizo since I started using it. Rhizo looks cool, but it's also easier to tell from common molds, which look more like fluffy mycelium. Rhizo on black agar:




Thanks, that's what i wanted to hear. I hope it's true! All the green is at the centers of the myc and the edges are distinct.

I bought these agar plates, but like what you said about black showing things better.

I've got a jar of WBS that was inoculated that didn't take so I may put this in when it gets bigger to see what happens. Nothing to lose.

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 661 | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 70 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 73 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,391 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,939 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,246 topic views. 13 members, 96 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.02 seconds on 16 queries.