Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: hogstomper]
    #27017791 -

So what happened spill the beans?? I wanna know I mean iv heard of slap on wrist and iv heard of 25 years. Let me guess 10 years probation on first offender? Now your back because your in the clear?


--------------------



want more info on shrooms "click"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: trippytimes]
    #27017815 -

trippytimes said:
So what happened spill the beans?? I wanna know I mean iv heard of slap on wrist and iv heard of 25 years. Let me guess 10 years probation on first offender? Now your back because your in the clear?



lol


--------------------
no justice no peace.  black trans lives matter.

Edited by hogstomper (12/23/20 12:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: hogstomper] * 1
    #27018028 -

Good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #27018643 -

I am getting these plates ready for transfer and I see this almost translucent ring around around the culture. Its not translucent but it doesn't look the same as the mycelium in the middle of the plate. I have had almost translucent cultures before but I was looking for an opinion on these.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MH5109]
    #27019283 -

They look like very fine hyphae to me. Someone will chime in with bacterial halo but I have these hyphae fairly frequently they tend to disappear as the myc gets rhizo.
If you put it to grain, once it's colonised take a grain back to agar. I've found, in most instances, it disappears. Usually for me G2A produces more rhizo growth and the halo is then nowhere to be seen.


--------------------
Here Lies This Individual




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #27019571 -

How long are you guys waiting for germination on agar on average?
I've been doing A2G is there absolutely no point in going to an LC if I'm clone hunting genetics?

Also does anyone know a reliable Canadian source for those clear PP5 no pour containers?

Thank you.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27019690 -

starbones said:
How long are you guys waiting for germination on agar on average?
I've been doing A2G is there absolutely no point in going to an LC if I'm clone hunting genetics?




Germ takes 2-21 days depending on several variables.
Maybe even more.

I'm not sure what method of inoculation has to do with hunting clones or why they would be connected


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #27019729 -

tryptkaloids said:
I'm not sure what method of inoculation has to do with hunting clones or why they would be connected



Wondering if LC is a waste of time for just clone hunting. I've only ever clone hunted A2G is all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MH5109]
    #27019749 -

MH5109 said:
I am getting these plates ready for transfer and I see this almost translucent ring around around the culture. Its not translucent but it doesn't look the same as the mycelium in the middle of the plate. I have had almost translucent cultures before but I was looking for an opinion on these.




I am not convinced its bacteria... but I know nothing. I just finally ordered blood agar plates to test these halos on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nmd_myco]
    #27019790 -

nmd_myco said:
MH5109 said:
I am getting these plates ready for transfer and I see this almost translucent ring around around the culture. Its not translucent but it doesn't look the same as the mycelium in the middle of the plate. I have had almost translucent cultures before but I was looking for an opinion on these.




I am not convinced its bacteria... but I know nothing. I just finally ordered blood agar plates to test these halos on.



I was getting very translucent looking growth in one of my cultures for a few months.  It was very frustrating, no matter what I did I couldn't get my transfers to look decent.  Eventually one plate did this and I took transfers from the very tips.



After that it was back to normal.  I thought my agar was too nutritious until I saw this myc break away.  I don't know if was mold or bacteria holding it back but something must have been intertwined.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27019795 -

starbones said:
tryptkaloids said:
I'm not sure what method of inoculation has to do with hunting clones or why they would be connected



Wondering if LC is a waste of time for just clone hunting. I've only ever clone hunted A2G is all.



Might waste materials of you aren't on your game, I certainly wouldn't depend on it working. Never a bad time to up your game tho


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nmd_myco]
    #27019796 -

Looks like mycelium. You'll notice that spores on agar also have a "halo", this halo is mycelium that has not yet filled out on the surface. Take a transfer and you will know for sure. I don't have pics of my own to show atm but take a look at bods plates:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25291350#25291350

My plates almost always have a thin translucent ring of mycelium on the leading edge of the culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27019813 -

I've experienced the same thing. When I started pouring in the SAB it caught me by surprise because it was something I wasn't able to see on my no-pours.


--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"


The most useful tool for noobs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #27019821 -

Yea they look like hyphae in front, I do think there was a little bacteria that got transferred, but I'm going to transfer that peu plate to agar and then throw it in a jar of oats and see how it works out. The transfers before were the same way with that ring outside of the cultures.


--------------------



Edited by MH5109 (11/03/20 04:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MH5109]
    #27020014 -

Do clone plates perform better than transfers from MS? I got some jars that should be ready to spawn soon but I’m a lazy fuck and let all of my plates get overgrown and I‘d like to land on my feet once the tub is done. Was thinking of either cloning fruits from the fastest clusters or maybe waiting for a plate pin on these overgrown plates. Or maybe I’m just getting ahead of myself as I haven’t produced a single fruit yet. :biggrin:

What would you guys do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LoadedFish]
    #27020049 -

It's all about the wait regardless. I would personally plan on doing both in case your tub ends up going south.  Whatever you decide probably isn't going to save you a whole lot of time in the grand scheme of things though.


--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"


The most useful tool for noobs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #27020221 -

Regarding overgrown plates, how big of a deal is it to put them to grain? I always hear it's better to avoid it but if it's generally looking clean can I just roll with it in a blended LI?


--------------------
:chems:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Lenz]
    #27020253 -

If your plate is clean its not a big deal. If you're worried about the edges (I never am) just cut 1 cm shy of the edge and leave it on your plate while taking the rest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27020263 -

p9hu7 said:
If your plate is clean its not a big deal. If you're worried about the edges (I never am) just cut 1 cm shy of the edge and leave it on your plate while taking the rest.



I've never understood the rationale about being afraid of the sides but I also don't know much. Like if the plate is sterile, you're doing sterile work with sterile media shouldn't the sides in theory be sterile? And wouldn't the water from the condensation be sterile?

I know over time shit sneaks in eventually, but most transfers happen within what, a week? Unless you're working with slower mycelium I think people transfer on average once a week. That's only based off my own work with a limited amount of species though. Thats not long enough, right?


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27020284 -

p9hu7 said:
If your plate is clean its not a big deal. If you're worried about the edges (I never am) just cut 1 cm shy of the edge and leave it on your plate while taking the rest.



Happy to hear that thank ya sir


Also, 3rd transfer from clone looking like an isolate, could it be?


--------------------
:chems:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,042 topic views. 12 members, 44 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 16 queries.