Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ackuric]
    #26245307 -

You could go now if you wanted, but I might give it another day or 2 personally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ackuric]
    #26245325 -

ackuric said:
Two of my better looking APE plates, second transfer, brf agar @ 2%. What position looks best to take my next transfer? I am thinking either 10 or 4 o'clock plate 1 and 2. Should I transfer now or let them grow out a bit more?





You could transfer now and later :shrug:

Has anyone found that sometimes a perfectly healthy plates in perfectly healthy grains just stall and take forever to colonise?

What is your average time from inoculation to fully colonised?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ackuric]
    #26245447 -

ackuric said:
Two of my better looking APE plates, second transfer, brf agar @ 2%. What position looks best to take my next transfer? I am thinking either 10 or 4 o'clock plate 1 and 2. Should I transfer now or let them grow out a bit more?





First plate i'd go 4:30 and 8:30.
Second plate maybe 3oclck and 9oclck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #26245918 -

Happy Trio.

I'm almost certain all plates got poured Aug 23 and these are first clone from MS syringe.

Which of the trio do you suggest i clone?
The Nubby? The Tubby? The Lanky?

Meet Nubby


Meet Tubby


Meet Lanky - eager to grow, look at that spore drop.


And a family portrait.

Edited by n0mad (10/11/19 07:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: n0mad]
    #26245974 -

:itseveryone:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: n0mad]
    #26246438 -

n0mad said:
Happy Trio.

I'm almost certain all plates got poured Aug 23 and these are first clone from MS syringe.

Which of the trio do you suggest i clone?
The Nubby? The Tubby? The Lanky?

Meet Nubby


Meet Tubby


Meet Lanky - eager to grow, look at that spore drop.


And a family portrait.




All of them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Edmunter]
    #26246445 -

I think any of them but maybe not all of them. My reason for this is you know it was the first Mycelium that wants to fruit in these conditions. I feel like when they fruit in agar they are hardy clones. But bc they all fruited in these conditions it won't really matter which you choose. Maybe if one was albino or different color spore then maybe id get picky. These are just my thought process how I would proceed. Really anything you do will put you a few steps ahead. I just make sure I take tissue from inside don't just throw the fruit on agar. It will still work but it's an added lalayeof security for your clone culture. Does anyone else do it like I do?


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Edited by spiritlands (10/12/19 02:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: spiritlands]
    #26247393 -

If the pin is chunky enough, sure.

Most of my pin clones have been tiny so I chucked the whole pin on.

They recover so fast, nothing else has a chance. . .


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bobbit]
    #26248954 -



Opinions on this growth? I don't know if this looks like it'll be healthy enough to put to grain or if I should transfer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FleeceManeLion]
    #26248966 -

If that's all the same culture, i would certainly transfer again.

It's hard to see well, but the red lit up shots show something is going on that makes me iffy.

Your gut is saying transfer. So listen and do it. Good luck friend. And good morning

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: FleeceManeLion]
    #26248976 -

FleeceManeLion said:


Opinions on this growth? I don't know if this looks like it'll be healthy enough to put to grain or if I should transfer.



is that from spores?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Edmunter]
    #26249441 -

I think I got wrong agar bottle? Neck is huge :laugh: I can put teaspoon trough it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26249463 -

TonyMushrana said:
I think I got wrong agar bottle? Neck is huge :laugh: I can put teaspoon trough it




It will do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Edmunter]
    #26249486 -

I dont have microwave, can I just put it straigh into autoclave for 20min @15?

Or do I have to melt it in MW so they mix properly together?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26249534 -

I mix with hot water. Put lid on shake it, drop in pc/autoclave 25 minutes, when cool enough to open sterilizer, but still hot enough to pour in a few minutes or ten.
I like to swirl it around and make sure i have an even mix before i measure it for my final pouring temp. Then off to the races..

Microondas not required! But helpful
Hth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26249609 -

TonyMushrana said:
I think I got wrong agar bottle? Neck is huge :laugh: I can put teaspoon trough it




I'm pretty sure that's a proper media bottle, you got the right one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: chipsandwich]
    #26249615 -

chipsandwich said:
TonyMushrana said:
I think I got wrong agar bottle? Neck is huge :laugh: I can put teaspoon trough it




I'm pretty sure that's a proper media bottle, you got the right one.



I use a jack daniels bottle.  That works.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: chipsandwich]
    #26249692 -

chipsandwich said:
TonyMushrana said:
I think I got wrong agar bottle? Neck is huge :laugh: I can put teaspoon trough it




I'm pretty sure that's a proper media bottle, you got the right one.



It is....I use em :thumbup:


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #26249753 -

TonyMushrana said:
I dont have microwave, can I just put it straigh into autoclave for 20min @15?

Or do I have to melt it in MW so they mix properly together?



I use a pot on the stove and bring to boil first. . .

Your media will boil in the ‘clave, which may mix it thoroughly, other wise a shake when done should be ‘aight. . .

Tormato said:
It is....I use em :thumbup:



:whathesaid:


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Edmunter]
    #26249761 -

Edmunter said:
is that from spores?



It is a transfer from a clone plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 62 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 55 4 10/04/26 04:32 PM
by Rasmodius
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,390 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,938 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,048 topic views. 18 members, 164 guests and 264 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.