Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #25750860 -

There is lots of videos in that link I gave you above.  I’ve never done pasty plates but it is probably nicer than throwing plates away all the time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25750998 -

Hey mush cult... I have an issue. I checked on my last poured plates last night at about 36 hours from their pour. The recipe seemed great for making perfectly clear agar (400+ml water, 6mg agar, 6mg LME), and I poured right at 117f. HOWEVER! There's water drops on most of my plates now that I'm going back and checking on them :confused:

There was condensation on the inside on the lid (the kind that happens when from heat when pouring), but that's common. I use micropore tape to wrap the petris, and stick them in an empty shoebox (plastic 6qt) and clamp it. I then set it in with the rest of my mycology work. I didn't touch it, and besides the agar recipe and pouring as close as possible to 117f, I haven't changed anything.

What's the diagnosis?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming] * 1
    #25751027 -

What's the temp in your house?  I've been turning the heat to 78 when I pour and seems to help

APE gone rhizo:



Grabbed 3 individual strands for transfers


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25751032 -

Caps McGee said:
What's the temp in your house?  I've been turning the heat to 78 when I pour and seems to help



Comfortable? I have radiant heating. It ranges between 65-78 depending on when the radiators were on last. The work all hangs out in a closet that's pretty consistently around 72-ish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25751036 -

Temp swings will cause condensation as well


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25751044 -

Caps McGee said:
Temp swings will cause condensation as well



So... nothing I can do then in that space. Boo :frown: Ok, well maybe I can put my agar somewhere with a more consistent temp. I am just hoping I didn't mess up these petris, as they look amazing outside of the water in there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25751055 -

Just don't slosh it around and they'll be fine... should be ok as long as they're clean


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25751095 -

Caps McGee said:
Just don't slosh it around and they'll be fine... should be ok as long as they're clean



It was sloshing them around that caused me to see them :frown: I didn't do it on purpose, it happened just from viewing the dishes. I'm going to leave them, just super disappointed, and some have had water butt up around the transfer itself already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25751182 -

If it's clean you're good...


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25751563 -

ShaperDreaming said:
Hey mush cult... I have an issue. I checked on my last poured plates last night at about 36 hours from their pour. The recipe seemed great for making perfectly clear agar (400+ml water, 6mg agar, 6mg LME), and I poured right at 117f. HOWEVER! There's water drops on most of my plates now that I'm going back and checking on them :confused:

There was condensation on the inside on the lid (the kind that happens when from heat when pouring), but that's common. I use micropore tape to wrap the petris, and stick them in an empty shoebox (plastic 6qt) and clamp it. I then set it in with the rest of my mycology work. I didn't touch it, and besides the agar recipe and pouring as close as possible to 117f, I haven't changed anything.

What's the diagnosis?



I have the same issue in my house. I can keep condensation down by keeping dishes neatly stacked and inside an open box. Mine is an open mason jar box. That helps keep the temperature consistent throughout the dishes.


--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25751701 -

Caps McGee said:
If it's clean you're good...



Hi guys, we have just begun with our very first couple of grows. And we decided to go with some grow kits, considering they are cheap compared to spores, which we are going to (try) be making from the fruits anyway.

So if I see it correctly if all goes well and we get some fruits then the safest way to save your culture would be to cut a little piece out if the region between cap and stem and just scrape that onto a pre poured agar dish, make two (as small as possible) transfers and then when you're clean you're good?

Sounds so simple. What do you say, skip prints and ms syringes for now and try agar first?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tweeq]
    #25751705 -

Skip MS syringe for sure. Toss that idea out the window.

Do take prints though. I like to think of my prints as a genetic library. You never know what will happen once you put stuff on agar, but you can always go back and scrape a spore print to agar and start over. Build your library! Hell I even store mine in a fireproof box so I can start over if worst came to worst.

EDIT: I'm saying both print and clone. You can print, then clone with the same fruit even... AND STILL EAT IT!

Edited by ShaperDreaming (01/18/19 03:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tweeq]
    #25751708 -

I had super wet pastplates that were half puddle. 20 transfers deep from 2 of em an no nasties yet. If it's clean it's clean.

Tweeq, if you are asking whether you should print your caps or clone to agar as you described, then you should do both. Making your own syringes is purely for fun or to share, but entirely unnecessary. Cut the cap off and print it then peel the stem open and clone it.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #25751722 -

Ok thanks for confirming! That's why in the end we got the kit instead of starting from ms syringe. Now best case is we get clones, spores to share and shrooms to trip on too. Plus im interested in the pan strain from the kit and i cant get a print any other way

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tweeq]
    #25751732 -

Your kit is cubes and you can get a pan kit? Perks of the Netherlands?


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #25752080 -

Clone by tearing open the stipe with your hands, and cutting/tweezing a tiny bit of inner tissue... don't touch the outer surface with your instrument, or the inner tissue with your hands... anywhere will work, but I find just below half stipe easiest usually... small samples, large ones will take longer bc the tissue needs to dry a little before growing out... takes less than you can see,  and could likely scrape the inner tissue with the scalpel and slice the agar to transfer... I'll give it a shot next time for giggles


--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25752363 -

AA+ T5 going to grain in the morning... third generation agar pin clone from a cloned 100g PE6 fruit (clone culture>agar pin clone>agar pin clone>agar pin clone)



--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25752383 -

Caps McGee said:
AA+ T5 going to grain in the morning... third generation agar pin clone from a cloned 100g PE6 fruit (clone culture>agar pin clone>agar pin clone>agar pin clone)





:ohwow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: woofwoof]
    #25752548 -

Cool treads and amazing posts.
Here’s something
Looks bacterial but got a lot of good mycelium aswell. About to transfer onto 2 other dishes.

Been eating these all winter. Thought they were gone. But I found a tiny baby cluster. I was so happy. Took it home cloned it. It’s a wild  pleurotus ostreatus I found on some alder firewood pile.
I have other projectsaswell :mushroom2:This is my only edible though.  And I’m so excited.


--------------------
when god hands you lemons you,FIND A NEW GOD! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Hoob33]
    #25752562 -



Photo from a while ago, but I make 60 of these plates in one pressure cooker cycle. Looking to do like 40 soft agar, and 20 stiffer agar on the next run. The stiffer agar I'll use for continuing to transfer and the soft agar will go to grains.

They wind up with pretty good visibility, but pictures are always kinda hard to take because of camera focus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 71 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 77 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,503 topic views. 16 members, 130 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.