Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinel0st
anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip?
    #2569874 - 04/16/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i had to stay nearly 5 weeks in psyche ward of the hospital because of the state i was in due to mostly shrooms. it was not fun at all, and it has pretty much ruined my life.

i had to have a catheter put into me to extract a urine sample because at the time i wouldn't/couldn't piss into a jug. and my first night in there i was put in restraints , it was pure torture. i don't wish that on anyone, and my life has been a living hell the last 6 months because of it, my family is at a loss.

life would be tough enough without this incident to think about, but having gone through it makes things much more difficult to deal with. theres much more to this story but its late and i have work in the morning so maybe i'll post it later.

anyone else have something similar happen to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip? [Re: l0st]
    #2569886 - 04/16/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm guessing you probably had some issues before the mushrooms. If you have underlying schizophrenia or other mental disturbances it is probably not a good idea to indulge in psychedelics. What exactly did you do to end up in the psych ward?

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip? [Re: bert]
    #2569983 - 04/17/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bert said:
I'm guessing you probably had some issues before the mushrooms.  If you have underlying schizophrenia or other mental disturbances it is probably not a good idea to indulge in psychedelics.  What exactly did you do to end up in the psych ward?

Yeah I have to agree, Psychiatrists used to use LSD to learn more about schizophrenia.  By putting people into temporary madness, they could better understand it. :nut:  It's really not a good idea to use psychedelics if you might have a history of mental illness, it might actually trigger it more!

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2570271 - 04/17/04 03:39 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think people often aproach psychadelics without forethought.

ALCAHOL CAN KILL PEOPLE.

Unfortunate hazing victims continue to end up in hospital.

Entheogens are not a party-drug to be used on the spur-of-the-moment, without responsible research and planning in my opinion, and casual misuse by the novice, or even the experienced tripper, can lead to psychic disturbances.

I'm sorry to hear your trip was less than the revelatory experience it is for most people.

EDIT-
I just read Lucid's thread and I wonder if a pattern can be discerned if all of his 4000 posts could be viewed. Is this possible?
Research could provide protection or even a cure for what appears to be a common pitfall for any drug user--Comments anyone?

Edited by castaway (04/17/04 04:10 AM)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip? [Re: castaway]
    #2570306 - 04/17/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Look in the Archives (link at the top of the page)

Anonymous #1

#2570659 - 04/17/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I been hospotalized. But I was hit by a car while I was sleeping.
Facking tweakers!

Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery
    #2570884 - 04/17/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

one time my buddy and i ate a lot of shrooms. we went to a bar to drink and eat wings. soon enough the shrooms kicked in HARD! i told my buddy we had to go and as i was telling my other friends i passed out from standing straight up to hitting my head hard against the floor. i woke up after a minute only to realize what just happened. i left the bar in a hurry with the thought an ambulance or a cop might show up. i was so nervous once i woke up because i was scared the cops might show. how horrible would it have been if i woke up in an ambulance. whoa...scary shit. i only trip out at my apartment anymore. the combination of a hard life and shrooms could have a negative affect on you and your mind. relax and enjoy milder trips. just lay in your bed doing it. ok. good luck.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip? [Re: ]
    #2573025 - 04/18/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AFungitobewith said:
I been hospotalized. But I was hit by a car while I was sleeping.
Facking tweakers!

You took shrooms and went to sleep on the road?

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: anyone ever been hospitalized after a shroom trip? [Re: zeta]
    #2573257 - 04/18/04 05:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zeta said:
Look in the Archives (link at the top of the page)

The archives are not giving me the option of searching up all of Lucids posts.
The pattern I see at the moment is one of neglect when it comes to some unfortunate side effects that can accompany the use of entheogens.

In Fred Durgans case drugs are reccomended to alleviate boredom. It is this irresponsible approach that spells the end of the Shroomery I think.

If the Shroomery wishes to remain an influential online domain for the dissemination of information regarding mycology and its related fields then the drug aspects need to be approached with the reserve and respect they deserve in my opinion.

The Shroomery is under attack.

Irresponsible attitudes towards drugs and drug use is a public nuisance...and will be dealt with accordingly.

It is time for the Elders to see the writing on the wall, to cultivate a more mainstream or scholastic image, to address the problems in a responsible manner, to recoup an image of public service.

The Entheogenic experience belongs in the realm of Spiritual studies I think, and treated as such it can survive as a legitamate alternative for disscussion and research. But if the sole interest is the pushing myco-supplies for profit then alternate web-sites are available, because I don't think this one has what it takes to stand up to public scrutiny.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2573496 - 04/18/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

To understand the situation better can you explain what happened during the trip, why you got hospitialized, where you forced or where you in need for hospitilization? This factors have a lot to say. anybody can get cought tripping, start freaking out as they are cought and go through hell at the ward that doesnt do anything else than leave the person to think it was the mushrooms' fault.

To answer your question, no I havent gotten hospitilized, but I've had a trip or two where I could see getting cought and put in a ward seeming SO apropriate (from feeling thouroughly insane), thank god that didnt happen, for had that happen things would've gotten seriously bad. At the end of the trip I jsut thought, "ok, I've just done to much", and realized I wasnt insane afterall no matter how much it seemed like it in the trip.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom