Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: I love the shroomery [Re: Asante]
    #1628668 - 06/12/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm moving to Holland :grin:
what's a N20 Bad trip like ?
I wanna be extreeeeeeeemly careful (had a terrifying shroom trip not too long ago).

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I love the shroomery [Re: lucid]
    #1631058 - 06/13/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

N2O takes you places. I've often found myself looking into the nitrous bag from within my mouth & had all my awareness contract into a small portion of my body.

A nitrous bad trip?
-you're REALLY into a meat cave of slime & blood. A creature thuds and thuds his tentacles in front of you three times. You "know" THIS IS FOR REAL: THIS IS SEVERELY BAD!!!- and then you've snapped back from it & within 5sec it's like "Why have I been that scared"
Clouds of nitrous are enveloped by clouds of amnesia.
Dissociative Anaesthetics... Love 'em or lose it.

Alot of american tourists do europe in a week and forget where they are when they forget the date. I found a way to remember where I am:

If I get off my ass and start walking I'm within 3 minutes from a place where you can buy nitrous cartridges for $25 per box of 50 right off the shelf. Walk 5 minutes more & following your nose you arrive at a place where you can buy top notch sinsemilla marijuana for $6 a gram. A minute or so on you arrive at the cosy shop with the $12 portion of 30 gr fresh cubies, the $40 gram of Salvia 10x and the kickass bongcollection.

...THEN you're in HOLLAND buddy!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #1631374 - 06/13/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Most people who do nitrous oxide don't realize that just as the 'high' from the gas begins, they pass out from anoxia (lack of oxygen). Remember that there's no O2 in a balloon filled with N2O. If you fill a balloon with helium, nitrogen, or any other metabolically-inert gas, you'll get nearly the same effect; that is, you'll pass out from lack of oxygen just as the gas gets to your brain and starts making you high. This is VERY hard on your heart. Most healthy people can tolerate the anoxia, but some can't; it's especially true for older folks whose heart isn't what it used to be. Many people who die doing N2O die from a heart attack due to the anoxia. And anoxia, at least for me, is very unpleasant.

A safer and more pleasant way to do N2O is to mix it with O2. Dentists use 50% O2 and 50% N2O, usually. You can get a tank of O2 at most dive shops if you have a nitrox diving certification. You can also get it from an industrial gas supplier fairly easily. Ask for "Aviator's Oxygen"; it's intended to be breathed. You can usually also breathe welding oxygen since those tanks are usually filled from the same source as Aviator's Oxygen, but there's no guarantee. To use oxygen, exhale completely, take a lungful of O2 and blow it into the balloon full of N2O, then start breathing it. You'll find that you stay conscious and are able to enjoy the high without passing out; the room begins to change, sounds become "furry" (I can't describe it better than that) and you drift off into a whippit-dream hallucination. The high, when you put O2 in the balloon, is also gentler and more enjoyable. On mushrooms, N2O defies description. If you can't get any O2, at least blow a big lungfull of plain air into the balloon before you start. The resulting gas will still be hypoxic (low O2) but at least there will be some O2. You'll still pass out at any fraction of oxygen below about 16%, but it'll take longer than if you breathe 0% oxygen.

You should be aware that N2O can cause brain damage, though the risks compared to other commonly used dissociative drugs is less mainly because the exposure to the gas is very brief compared to the other dissociatives, and this is why I use N2O from time to time. Please read Erowid's Nitrous Oxide Page at:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous.shtml

so you can make an informed decision about using this drug.

One of the other bad effects of breathing N2O is a precipitous drop in your vitamin B12 reserves. B12 is an important part of your nervous system and brain. If you're going to do N2O, go buy a bottle of a B12 supplement, preferably with folic acid. Take a few before and after you party; B12 is water soluble (like C) so you can take quite a lot of it without problems but be carefull about taking too much folic acid.

One last thing; other than anoxia-induced heart attack, the most likely way you'll acutely hurt yourself doing N2O is by falling down and clobbering your head on something. When you do N2O, SIT DOWN and stay there until you recover. When my friends and I do N2O, we set a strict rule that nobody stands up for any reason if they're breathing a balloon. Peer-pressure ensures that everybody complies.

Stick to these guidelines and you'll minimize the risks.

Oh, and by the way, any bad trip you may have on N2O will go away within a few minutes after you stop breathing the gas. N2O goes well with mushrooms and like mushrooms, the music and setting can dramatically affect the trip.

For example, doing them at night with blacklights on tend to give my friends and me a satanic kind of trip. Everything looks evil and scary. It's very intense, and if your psyche is strong enough to handle it, these kinds of trips can be intriguing, if not exactly fun. Pleasant lighting and playful music can take you to the most indescribable fits of pleasure, laughter, and happyness. The single happiest moment of my life to date occured on mushrooms/N2O with music by Ray Lynch playing in the backround.

N2O will also make you very suggestible. If the radio is playing a commercial or maybe there's a movie on TV, whatever is being said will tend to completely absorb you. Once, out of curiosity, my friends and I turned on the TV. There was a movie playing about some kind of special operations military team. They were discussing tactics relating to a mission they were going on. As the N2O took over, I became completely absorbed in the movie and was unable to distinguish it from reality; I became a part of the movie. It was a very wierd experience.

Another time, a friend said, just was I was coming out of a whippit-dream, that he thought he might have vomited. He hadn't, but the moment he said that, we all saw puke all over everything... the floor, carpet, me, my clothes, the couch, the table... it was really gross; I could even smell it. I freaked at the mess and grabbed a pile of paper towels to try and clean up while yelling at my friend to run to the sink and vomit there. After about two minutes, I realized everything was perfectly dry; the paper towels, which should have been saturated, were perfectly dry. When we all realized it was just a hallucination, everyone cracked up laughing. It was uncanny how totally indistinguishable the hallucination was from reality. I have a ton of other stories just like this. It's a weird drug!

Something else you can expect is to have seemingly very deep thoughts about life, metaphysics, whatever. The concepts that will come to mind will be so profound that you'll be moved to sobbing with the realization of such knowledge. As the gas wears off, you'll slowly realize that what you thought was profound knowlege turns out to be mostly jibberish when you look back with a clear mind.

N2O is a very weird drug. It can be scary, cause dramatic mood shifts, and make you happier and sadder than you thought possible. Then just as quickly as it grabbes you, it lets you go.

Good luck and have fun!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (06/13/03 03:41 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I love the shroomery [Re: Diploid]
    #1631511 - 06/13/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I did nitrus a few times back in high school and although I found it interesting, I could practically hear my brain yelling at me "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!??!?!?!!!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: I love the shroomery [Re: Strumpling]
    #1631646 - 06/13/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!??!?!?!!!"

That was likely just your brain complaining about the hypoxia and the suggestible nature of the drug. You were apprehensive about it, and when the drug took hold, that apprehension turned into the idea that you were severely hurting yourself.

If you have at least 20% oxygen in the mix and use the drug only occasionally, the chances of hurting yourself are fairly small.

Scholars, philosophers, dentists, and others have used N2O for > 100 years with very few injuries to those who use the drug reasonably.

Note that I'm not encouraging anyone to do this, I'm just presenting my opinion about it's relative safety.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinepoobah
journeyman
    #1632871 - 06/14/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

great post diploid, very informative

the stench of vomit is soo disgusting, i would've totally freaked out if that happened to me

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1633188 - 06/14/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"That was likely just your brain complaining about the hypoxia and the suggestible nature of the drug. You were apprehensive about it, and when the drug took hold, that apprehension turned into the idea that you were severely hurting yourself."

yeah then I made lunch - what kind of meat did I put in my sandwich? How did I feel about this meat?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: I love the shroomery [Re: Strumpling]
    #1636932 - 06/16/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

We can still see the effect it has on you..  :tongue: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1636936 - 06/16/03 08:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Lucid,

I've been there b-4 pure shroomery bliss..  :grin:
But this topic does not belong in support. 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #1640698 - 06/17/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

:0 Thanks Dude, and I love all of you also

--------------------
Namaste

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag