Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics?
    #2461739 - 03/22/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

you travel deeper and deeper into your mind until you see that you can only go in circles, and there is no way out.

then you become empty and you simply pray for an exit, then shit gets all fucking crazy and you begin seeing your subconscious or whatever it is that isn't your mind that exsists far behind the normal reality.

then when you come back you feel like you're plastered across several dimensions at once (in your body it feels like you're experiancing several differnt gravities at once, and everything appears super fucked perspectivly speaking)

and you realise you are entirely your own making.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2462443 - 03/23/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds like the combination u describe is pretty personal to your experience. I'm sure people have felt various aspects and combinations of those things...I've found though that it si tough to compare any two really intense psychadelic experiences...they are all so unique to the individual who experienced them. Maybe because describing their true nature is so difficult...

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: jong21]
    #2462473 - 03/23/04 12:19 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I remember reading about getting caught in thought loops in the shroomery FAQs somewhere, there's a suggestion on stopping them there too.

--------------------
]

OfflineJesse
Stranger
    #2462500 - 03/23/04 12:29 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I've experienced similar to that and the thought loop before. So you're not the only one, I don't know how common it may be though.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2462507 - 03/23/04 12:33 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

First time i tripped i was in a continious mind loop. i was trying to sleep thrn i ws thinking abouyt the thoghtni had theh hoe i thought sbout thst snd do on, it was wierd

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2462530 - 03/23/04 12:43 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

You can get thought loops on low doses. I think he is referring to something more.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: Dankman]
    #2462553 - 03/23/04 12:53 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

sigh....
not thought loops. i mean traversing the entire boundries of your brain over and over and over looking for a way out. exploring every nook and cranny of your conscious mind looking for an exit, watching the differnt you's form and unform and continously reshape, but its still the same, there is nothing else in there. realising you are completely alone and completely infinite.

i ask because it seems like this happens to me every once in a while on pyschedelics, and somehow i always forget it happens and that taking psychedelics for the purpose of unthinking myself is pointless.
and someone i was talking to telepathically and than verbally asserted that the same thing had happened to him, and we discussed the possibility that it has happened to all trippers, but then again we looked at the poeple we were with, and its obviously not all trippers.

another friend of mine calls that state "higher processing" or something like that. uhm, to try and describe the state further, the normal twirls and spirals go away and are replaced by a really hard to describe superdimensional very geometric jigsaw puzzle, where you literally don't exsist.

if you want to try and recreate this for yourself, try looking hard at your deepest faults that you've been working years on getting rid of seeing where they come from, then try outthinking them.

feels like completely being taken apart from behind, and when you come back together you're completely you and you can only laugh hysterically.

--------------------

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2462818 - 03/23/04 02:36 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I had a similar experience before; on very high dose:
I was having a million thoughts at once, about family/life/friends/music/movies/life/philosophy, it's not that I couldn't take it, but I felt scared that I "broke" my mind...

What I then did, was great; I got the idea that I should try and measure how fast my mind can process facts.
LOL; I turned on the TV, turned on "Yellow Submarine"on my computer, and grabbed myself an artbook (Van Gogh), and try and process them all at once.
It worked for an hour or so, incredible  :cool:
Yellow submarine was all about fun, perfect vibe
The news on the TV seemed very futile, Gameshows seemed sooooo slow and simple...
And the artbook seemed to be written all wrong; it tried to teach more, rather than describe why the paintings are so great...

But that is one advice I can give you; if you get too stuck in your own mind, try and relax...
Peace to everyone!  :thumbup:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Edited by boeha (03/23/04 02:37 AM)

Offlinemoebiustrip
coincidencefrequencyanalyst
Loc: Way, way out there.
    #2464450 - 03/23/04 04:31 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

feels like completely being taken apart from behind, and when you come back together you're completely you and you can only laugh hysterically.

I experienced something quite similar on foxy methoxy.  I feel it was my belief structure toppling down when I unsettled its base.  I "watched," aghast, as it was destroyed and re-created with a solid foundation.  This experience has had a greatly positive effect on me, despite that it was caused by proving to myself that god does not exist.  :crazy2:

--------------------
not-2

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: moebiustrip]
    #2464617 - 03/23/04 05:10 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

heheheh, cool to know its happened to other poeple.

is a successful rave when it happens to a large amount of poeple at once?

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2465898 - 03/23/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Of course there is no way out of your mind, because you are the thoughts you create. The freedom you seem to be looking for is in non-thought and no mind. The only way to escape the boundaries your thoughts create is to not have them.

You should try meditation to silence your mind and break free from your ego.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineSYCOdelik
Trippy
Male

Loc: where am i again?
    #2467652 - 03/24/04 12:54 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

I get a similar feeling to this when I meditate in the bathroom. I'll be meditating and then I will start to feel like the whole universe is being stretched and shruken at the same time. It almost feels like viewing our dimension (3D) from a 4D prespective; i.e. the universe is becoming a flat (2D) plain . (read "Flatland" to understand).

--------------------

~Life is one long ride, make it the best ride you can.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: SYCOdelik]
    #2467935 - 03/24/04 02:47 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

SYCOdelik said:
I get a similar feeling to this when I meditate in the bathroom.  I'll be meditating and then I will start to feel like the whole universe is being stretched and shruken at the same time.  It almost feels like viewing our dimension (3D) from a 4D prespective; i.e. the universe is becoming a flat (2D) plain . (read "Flatland" to understand).

Damn, I know exactly what you mean ... :tongue:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineSynth
Slice of Ice
    #2472926 - 03/25/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

I think i may have had summit like that happen to me too..

Last saturday me and a m8 brewed up 8gr using two mugs worth of water. What happened next was one of strangest experiences of my life, at first I was going mad laughing at everything and getting high off my thoughts, then I started to really explore all the things that came into my head getting deeper and deeper without realising just how far I had gone.

After a while of this im not sure how I started to think it but I was 100% that I had become trapped in thought and I would spend the rest of my life simply existing with no way to communicate to the outside world, I laid down silently, shouting in my mind calling out for anything that could hear me praying that I would be discovered and not left in the infinate place you discribe. As I had never tripped that hard before I spent the last 1/2hr of my trip near to death (in my mind) before puking up and comming down.

After it had happened I talked with my m8 for an hour or so about it as we smoked, laughing at it. But i think it will be a long time before i try and go back there, i dont think im ready for that just yet. But it was definatly an amazing experience that I wont forget!

>synth.

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2476578 - 03/26/04 11:08 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I felt that kinda shit while tripping on acid, just i didn't go in circles, i just kept going farther and farther into the
green swril on my melted room. I kept having to sit up to pull myself out of the trip, it scared me when i fell to far
into it...

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2476641 - 03/26/04 11:25 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I'm curious as to what happens if you dont try to crawl back out of that experience and just keep going, like what will happen. I guess its sort of like what it was for adventurers back in the day they thought the world was flat. I have never experienced what you describe but next time I dose high I will go in for it, I've tried it once before but from my experience and from what i read about other people's experiences these are the hinders:

1.) fear of loosing ones mind (cause it feels like you can really reconstruct things up in there *points to head* and you're not god so you dont want to fuck up
2.) inpatience (unless the experience isnt exciting enough
3.) fear of the unknown or the great truth whic will be reveal to you. A thought such as meeting god or whatever might be to much sometimes, when i think this may actually happen when I dose high I always say to myself, "nah, thats too big for me just now, I'll have to do this some other time"... know what I mean...?

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineSynth
Slice of Ice
Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: filthysock]
    #2476869 - 03/26/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Filthysock_>

yeh man, definatly the fear of loosing ones mind for me.. whem you go there be careful not to fall off the edge of your mind :smile:.

>synth.

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: anyone ever experiance this on psychedelics? [Re: Synth]
    #2476954 - 03/26/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

yep.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
    #2477855 - 03/27/04 11:50 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

yea, I know what you're talking about. its weird...time starts running backwards and whatnot.

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2477896 - 03/27/04 12:06 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

on my first shroom trip i took about 4g's and at the peak I didn't loose my mind or anything, just temporarily, but when i was trying to fall asleep it felt like days had gone by and the sun came up before i could get to sleep. the whole time i was tripping about stuff like what if i act like i am on shrooms all the time and i go crazy and get sent to some unknown place where they work on my brain and shit like that. it really made my brain go into overdrive to figure out what was going to happen to my sanity!!! :mushroom2: :crazy2:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale