Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose?
    #2333183 - 02/14/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Or is it just our nature? We aren't allowed to experience drugs, and we are hooked up to the t.v. from birth. those are the main two things i see. theyr are many others. Just watch t.v. and you'll see what i'm talking about. Pick a station at random and sit till you see the comercials. Mindless drivel, all of them. and we all know that the government and the media are close bedfellows.
it leads me to believe that the powers that be are keeping us dumbed down to maintain, they'r foothold of power. What else would be they'r motive?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2333212 - 02/14/04 02:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I agree.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2333214 - 02/14/04 02:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You care too much about stupid shit that doesn't matter and doesn't exist. Go smoke a bowl and wait to die.

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2333215 - 02/14/04 02:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thats prolly not too far from the truth...drug prohibition is definitely a pure power trip...the TV runs one continuous repoop campaign commercial..and now bush and blair have even been nominated for the nobel peace prize...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2333223 - 02/14/04 02:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This post is S&P material.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2333583 - 02/14/04 06:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bush and blair have even been nominated for the nobel peace prize...

OMFG

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: enotake2]
    #2333641 - 02/14/04 07:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

imagine how guilty they would feel accepting such an award

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2333677 - 02/14/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you've pretty much got it, dreamer.
have you researched the esoteric / occult aspects of this? the Illuminati, perhaps?

just for starters, here's some terms that might be worth putting into google...

MKULTRA
Project Monarch
Project Paperclip
Generational satanic families
satanic ritual abuse
Fritz Springmeier
Cisco Wheeler
Skull & Bones Society
Boodle Boys
The Bormann Organization
Montauk Project (Philadelphia Experiment)
Illuminati

also it's worth noting that in this line of research you'll encounter many terms having to do with "Satan" or "Satanism". i personally don't believe in an entity called satan or lucifer but i do believe that people have found "him" to be a good scapegoat for an enormous ammount of purely vile and criminal activity thoughout all of recorded history.

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2334436 - 02/14/04 03:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Of course the government wants us dumb. Do they really want to deal with 290 million citizens demanding to know why we dump depleted uranium on civilian populations. Do they want 290 million citizens asking why we're really invading more middle eastern countries when the reason extremist Muslims hate us in the first place is because we keep throwing our weight around over there. Do they want 50 million+ citizens rioting over a questionable presidential election? 290 million demanding that we stop borrowing our currency from a private bank.

Let's face it, when 99% of news coverage in a day is devoted to Micahel Jackson, Scott Peterson, Kobe Bryant and Howard Dean screeching at a pep rally, we're not getting news coverage that is inquisitive, watch-dog material aimed at keeping the government in check.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigil. " Thomas Jefferson

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2334552 - 02/14/04 03:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I posted this a while back in this thread but I will post it again for you:

----------

The control Paradigm
By Anonymous Contributor

The difference between true education and vocational training has been cleverly blurred. Here are a few tips on how smart people can control other people. If any of this rings a bell ? well; then wake up! The first principle of people control is not to let them know you are controlling them. If people know, this knowledge will breed resentment and possibly rebellion, which would then require brute force and terror, an old fashioned, expensive, and not 100% certain method of control.
It is easier than you think to control people indirectly, to manipulate them into thinking what you want them to think and doing what you want them to do.

One basic technique is to keep them ignorant.

Educated people are not as easy to manipulate.

Abolishing public education or restricting access to education would be the direct approach. That would spill the beans. The indirect approach is to control the education they receive. It's possible to be a Ph.D., doctor, lawyer, businessman, journalist, or an accountant, just to name a few examples, and at the same time be an uneducated person. The difference between true education and vocational training has been cleverly blurred in our time so that we have people successfully practicing their vocations while at the same time being totally ignorant of the larger issues of the world in which they live.

The most obvious symptom is their absence of original thought and critical thinking. Ask them a question and they will end up reciting what someone else thinks or thought the answer was. What do they think? Well, they never thought about it. Their education consisted of learning how to use the library and cite sources.

That greatly simplifies things for the controllers because with lots of money, university endowments, foundations, grants, and ownership of media, it is relatively easy to control who they will think of as authorities to cite in lieu of letting them do their own thinking.

Another technique is to keep them entertained. Roman emperors did not stage circuses and gladiator contests because they didn't have television. We have television because we don't have circuses and gladiator events. Either way, the purpose is to keep the people's minds focused on entertainment, sports, and peripheral political issues. This way you won't have to worry that they will ever figure out the real issues that allow you to control them.

Just as a truly educated person is difficult to control, so too is an economically independent person. Therefore, you want to create conditions that will produce people who work for wages, since wage earners have little control over their economic destiny. You'll also want to control the monetary, credit, and banking systems (look into who controls the Federal Reserve of the United States for the SHOCK of your life). This will allow you to inflate the currency and make it next to impossible for wage earners to accumulate capital. You can also cause periodic deflations to collapse the family businesses, family farms, and entrepreneurs, including independent community banks.

To keep trade unions under control, you simply promote a scheme that allows you to shift production jobs out of the country and bring back the products as imports (it is called free trade). This way you will end up with no unions or docile unions.

Another technique is to buy both political parties so that after a while people will feel that no matter whether they vote for Candidate A or Candidate B, they will get the same policies. This will create great apathy and a belief that the political process is useless for effecting real change.

Pretty soon you will have a population that feels completely helpless, and thinks the bad things happening to them are nobody in particular's fault, just a result of global forces or some other disembodied abstract concept. If necessary, you can offer scapegoats. Then you can bleed them dry without having to worry too much that one of them will sneak into your house one night and cut your throat. If you do it right, they won't even know whose throat they are cutting.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #2335384 - 02/14/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"You care too much about stupid shit that doesn't matter and doesn't exist. Go smoke a bowl and wait to die."

You care too much about smoking bowls and waiting to die. Go think about some stupid shit that doesn't matter and doesn't exist.

different strokes for different folks, "DICK!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
    #2335466 - 02/14/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Great question. Why do we loose track of the amazing fact that we(as humans) are conscious beings able to think, feel, and communicate?

I'm surprised this point hasn't been brought up yet - maybe its because its the path of least resistance. That is, to be normal in Western Culture means to watch TV and care about (in most of our view) meaningless shit. The need to fit in is something that is programmed into out genetic code and when fitting in means subscribing to a culture that is not spiritual you get a spiritless society.

I just can't see there being some small cadre of dudes in black cloaks trying to keep the masses ignorant. Not impossible...nothing is, but I don't think a conspiracy is needed for our TV culture. It is our own nature that is keeping most people blinded.

Otto

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2335577 - 02/14/04 10:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What are all you people waiting for? Some sort of mass demonstration, which you can join up with and chant anti-consumerism messages?

Revolution and rebellion of the aforementioned sort mean nothing. They're too marketable to mean anything. People are too familiar with that style... and the masses are fickle. Once again, revolution must adapt and change form to get the snowball going. After time, it too will be devalued and the form must shapeshift again.

On a side note, I find this pattern to be extremely annoying. Why can't the cycle be brought to a halt so the bullshit will stop altogether? I am unwilling to accept that this is not possible.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2335580 - 02/14/04 10:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Easy there strumpling...that's flaming :wink:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Are we bieng kept ignorant on purpose? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2335682 - 02/14/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
What are all you people waiting for?  Some sort of mass demonstration, which you can join up with and chant anti-consumerism messages?

Revolution and rebellion of the aforementioned sort mean nothing.  They're too marketable to mean anything.  People are too familiar with that style... and the masses are fickle.  Once again, revolution must adapt and change form to get the snowball going.  After time, it too will be devalued and the form must shapeshift again.

On a side note, I find this pattern to be extremely annoying.  Why can't the cycle be brought to a halt so the bullshit will stop altogether?  I am unwilling to accept that this is not possible.

Well said Sclorch.  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology