Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Ignorance and Mysticism [Re: CleverName]
    #2538274 - 04/08/04 05:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

first of all im quite sure truekimbo doesnt believe in the aliens in at atlantis. it was a joke, a way to illustrate his point, which was valid. relax, friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Ignorance and Mysticism [Re: CleverName]
    #2538503 - 04/08/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CleverName said:
studies show that people insist on finding a pattern in a sequence of events even when they are told that the sequence is entirely random.

Yes, and that is exactly the trouble with an objective viewpoint saying what is what.  :wink:

I could find a pattern in something that no one else would be able to find. Doesn't make me crazy and doesn't mean that my pattern isn't valid. I have had unique, personal experiences that shape a point of view that could be able to detect unique, personal patterns, that to others, would be "random". The amusing thing to be noted is that nothing is ever random.  :smirk:

If I found a pattern, and five machine egos told me isn't right, because THEY made the test completely random, I would tell them to shut the fuck up.  :grin:

The cool thing about the objective viewpoint is that it doesn't exist, thank god. :lol:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Ignorance and Mysticism [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2538951 - 04/08/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i agree. noone can argue with personal experiences, noone can disprove those things. i just thought it was an interesting bit of info.

yeah, i also believe nothing is random...but not everything has a purpose either.....incidental byproducts, does that make sense? in architectural terms these are called "spandrels." they are the triangualr space between an arch and its surrounding structure. it serves no function itself, at least originally it didnt, it is merely a byproduct of the truly functional feature, the arch.

dont get me wrong, it doesnt mean that its useless or meaningless. the human capacity for science is arguably a spandrel, an incidental byproduct of our innate curiosity and capacity for pattern recognition. science has nonetheless proved to be an enormously powerful method for discovering truth.

*other thoughts on this: the evolutionary origins of our mystical capacity has no bearing on the truth and value, or lack thereof, of mystical visions. such experiences must be judged by their fruits, not their roots. moreover, if a spandrel is defined as something purposeless and unnecessary, then everything is arguably a spandrel, including consciousness, life, the entire universe...

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order