Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
an important conversation between sillysimon and fastfred
    #3038289 - 08/23/04 02:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

THIS IS A CONVERSATION THAT I THINK EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE SHOULD READ, IT IS BETWEEN MYSELF (SILLYSIMON) AND FASTFRED...note: we both have the best intrest in mind for all consciousness as a whole.. the reason why i posted our conversations between eachother is because i wanted people to read the un-censored feelings we have without the knowledge of what people might think of our words, the honest emotion of my soul... i hope many will agree with it and even some be awakened...

"people have a hard time coping with the idea that the religious the educational the political authorites have attempted to comfort us by giving us order rules regulations informing forming in our minds their veiws of reality.. to think for yourself you must question authorities... a hallucinogenic experince is a preturbation of the mind and a preturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of human consciousness..
our culture has manipulated and conditioned us to think "inside the box".. while a pschedelic drug can dissolve the simplicity of our programing for cultural assumption, so this tension from our conditoning creates, for lack of a better word, OUR REALITY, it actually creates a mental tension amongst society, societal constriction, and ultimately a sort of sub-conscious control.

a hallucinogen can dissovle cultural boundaries and cultural coping with them... but it can also exaggerate them if the person is infected to the extent by the narrow minded walls that society plauges us with, i believe "most' unpreturbed, political minds in present day, lack a subsitution for social discovery, as in a mushroom,
we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom and that has given us language, religion, self reflection and all the spectrum of effects that flow from this gift, they have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to the conscious we may be able to open the doorways to un-tapped areas of human poteintal and take control of our future evolutionary paths as well
... i believe that this culture (shroomery and otherslike it) is a crucial and PRELIMINARY point in our planet, if we lose this then we will truly be lost as a race forever...
we were given these gifts of a psyche, body and mind and all these tools to prosper it and when i look around all i see is selfish fools taking this experince as a "drug".. and that is it..just a trip.. a single alteration in their consciousness to help the day seem more "entertaining'.. it pisses me off.. if these people could grasp the power they have growing in thier little rubbermaids stashed in the corners of their rooms then... i think then we might be able to prosper...Drugs are about dulling perception, about addiction and about behavioral repetition...What *psychedelics* are about is pattern- dissolving experiences of an extraordinarily high or different awareness. They are the exact opposite of drugs. They promote questioning , they promote consciousness, they promote value examinations, they promote the reconstruction of behavioral patterns.

im not dissing shroomery at all..im not saying that some people aren't aware of this.. i am saying that most people need to wake the fuck up..we need to attempt to grasp the depth of what we are all involved in,as in being alive... we need to spread this medicinal information before this disease of unawareness claims even more of OUR population...

i've talked to far too many people on this site and others like it that are totally clueless of this sacred info. and have succumbed to the woes of bullshit that hold the foundation of our lives together,

i mean.. am i freaking out too much or something?.. you know i thought the mushrooms and mother nature would work it all out with karma and the subliminal ways of enlightenment, but i am seeing otherwise, i see oblivion amongst the eyes of the "so called informed/ intelligent"..A FUCKING TRENDY THIRD EYE... i see an impossibility.. i see people slowly suffocating themselves till the one day that thier heads pop and splatter all over their revealation that they will never have... unless we attempt to grow...ATTEMPT to question ourselves and the things we are entirely "sure" of...
im thinking about posting this in a thread.. what do you think fastfred? do i have your support?.. its far past time to take action in our lives...isn't it?.and some people will have to to be snapped out of the surreal reality their living in, may it be a plesant or rude awakening.."

~ ..much respect.. sillysimon~

"I agree with you totaly. I don't see how people can take mushrooms and not see how holy and good and precious they are. What I really don't understand is how people can persecute people who use mushies for religous purposes like us.

I don't know what to do about it except fight it by helping others grow and spreading spores. I think that at some point we'll have enough people who have used and like mushrooms. Then we will be able to change the world. Mushrooms are catching on like wildfire since the internet started. It won't be long now.

I plan to make up some posters and leaflets to tell people the truth about mushrooms. If we could just get everyone who supports mushrooms to print out a leaflett or two and post them up around town we can get the word out. Once people realize the truth about mushrooms and how the government has lied and tried to destroy them, they inevitably have to try them themselves.

I also want to help out with starting a mushroom based chruch. That may be the way to get them to become legal and win the minds of most people.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is I'm with you. I totaly think they are more than just a mushroom, and I'm willing to go to jail for what I believe, it means that much to me."

Much respect also...

-FF

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: an important conversation between sillysimon and fastfred [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038291 - 08/23/04 02:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Man is endowed with the gift of wizardry, a talent for discovery and invention. The discovery and invention of substances that change the way we feel and behave are among man?s special accomplishments, and like so many other products of our wizardry, these substances have the capacity to harm as well to help. The substance itself is neutral, an intricate molecular structure. Yet, ?too much? can be sickening or even deadly. It is man who decides how each substance is used, and its mans beliefs and perceptions that give this neutral substance the attribute to heal or destroy.
hopefully all of you shroomers feel inspired by this..may your enlightenment be blissful *~~sillysimon~~*

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3038384 - 08/23/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well does anyone have anything to say?

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3038391 - 08/23/04 03:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i feel that ive learned alot in my somewhat short years.

and at face value, it seems alot has come from psychadelics.

but i cant say that i couldnt have learned the same things other ways.
or even that i didnt know them always.

i dont really know what the point of your postings are either.

you want people to take mushrooms cuz it will change things for the better, somehow. thats all i got outa it.

which i somewhat agree with.
but it seems a largly arbitrary statement.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: an important conversation between sillysimon and fastfred [Re: BleaK]
    #3038465 - 08/23/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

of course their are many many other ways of receiving enlightenment and pschedelics are not totally necessary.. what my point is, is that to all of us that choose to consume them, need to realize that it is a gift/tool that was made to prosper our psyches.. unfortuanately, in present day people are so "infected" with cultural assumptions and sublimainal brainwashing,if you will, that it takes something snapping them out of this false reality we live in, this tension of control we live in is alot stronger to break for some people, those shelterd people.... AND THAT all of us that choose to cultivate this tool should comprehend the power that it holds, i look at it as a temporary glance through the infinite visonary artist itself..god. i see it not only as enlightenent but an actual conscious contact with the source of all energy and imagination..
of course many will debate this with me but i know there are many others that feel what i speak of, i truly belive that pschedelics will play a significant role in saving our planet and the human race, i believe that it is far past time to realize that these things have been put here to help us and we should not just fuck off and waste this experince by turning it into a trend that ultimately in the mind of the user take away from it......im not saying we shouldnt build a culture around it,, im saying we should spread the knowledge of "love".
not "drug"
..does that clear it up al little bit for you?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3038467 - 08/23/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

a hallucinogen can dissovle cultural boundaries and cultural coping with them... our culture has manipulated and conditioned us to think "inside the box

we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom and that has given us language, religion, self reflection

Seems you have substituted one cultural box for another. There is no evidence for the claims you make except for the McKenna "box".

they have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to the conscious we may be able to open the doorways to un-tapped areas of human poteintal and take control of our future evolutionary paths as well
What potential has been has been ACTUALIZED from association with the mushroom?

... i believe that this culture (shroomery and otherslike it) is a crucial and PRELIMINARY point in our planet, if we lose this then we will truly be lost as a race forever...
Nothing like overstating one's case and showing no faith in mankind. It cannot be PRELIMINARY with billions of years before arriving at this point. Every new generations believes it is on the cusp. Look at one of the theme songs of my youth: "The Age of Aquarius" which has yet to materialize.

we were given these gifts of a psyche, body and mind and all these tools to prosper it and when i look around all i see is selfish fools taking this experince as a "drug".. and that is it..just a trip.. a single alteration in their consciousness to help the day seem more "entertaining'.. it pisses me off..
Seems the mushroom has not opened your eyes to tolerance and the fact that everyone experiences life differently.

if these people could grasp the power they have growing in thier little rubbermaids stashed in the corners of their rooms then...
Yes, "those people". Spirituality is about focusing on personal growth.

What *psychedelics* are about is pattern- dissolving experiences of an extraordinarily high or different awareness. They are the exact opposite of drugs.
*sigh* (This is almost chapter and verse McKenna. Parroting another is not thinking outside the box.) You can make up your own definitions; however, psyschedelics are indeed drugs in every sense of the word.

They promote questioning , they promote consciousness, they promote value examinations, they promote the reconstruction of behavioral patterns.
Maybe; maybe not. Is a world of tripped out Dead-Heads a desirable thing?

i am saying that most people need to wake the fuck up..
Back to focusing on others again, I see.

i've talked to far too many people on this site and others like it that are totally clueless of this sacred info.
We / they are not you - and that is the beauty, not the plague, of diversity. If you were as enlightened by the shroom as you think, then this type of judgement would have dropped away like a dead leaf falling from a tree.

some people will have to to be snapped out of the surreal reality their living in, may it be a plesant or rude awakening.."
The idea that a fungus is the key, may be the more surreal reality.

I agree with you totaly. I don't see how people can take mushrooms and not see how holy and good and precious they are.
One seriously bad freak-out (I wish that on no one) might alter your perception.

What I really don't understand is how people can persecute people who use mushies for religous purposes like us.
I don't understand how you can't understand. The answer is power and control - it has been this way since pre-history.

Mushrooms are catching on like wildfire since the internet started. It won't be long now.
Define long. In the 50 years since Wasson "rediscovered" them, I have seen little legal progress.

I plan to make up some posters and leaflets to tell people the truth about mushrooms. If we could just get everyone who supports mushrooms to print out a leaflett or two and post them up around town we can get the word out.
ALerting the public in that manner may be counter-productive. "The Man" could shut this site down most anytime "he" chooses. As long as we are not a nuisance to "them", the shroomery may survive.

Once people realize the truth about mushrooms and how the government has lied and tried to destroy them, they inevitably have to try them themselves.
People need to come to the shroom on their own.

I also want to help out with starting a mushroom based chruch. That may be the way to get them to become legal and win the minds of most people.
It has been tried and tried again. Good luck!

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is I'm with you. I totaly think they are more than just a mushroom,
How can a mushroom be more than a mushroom?

...and I'm willing to go to jail for what I believe, it means that much to me."
Sounds good, but I doubt it if you knew that 10 years of your young life would be wasted away in a hell-hole.

Not knocking you guys and your enthusiastic idealism, but gently reigning you in. This from someone with a little more temporal perspective.

Regards,

The Swam

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3038474 - 08/23/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you qoute maynard in your signature....

this is practically out of his mouth........

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3038494 - 08/23/04 04:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok,this is a conversation i had with some of my friends long time ago.I think it is very well put but ,without disrespect, not something new. Do not get me wrong,i am very excited about mushrooms thats why i even made my own Greek forum around psychactive substances which specifically focuses and explores the possiblilities of entheogens having discusions on coke and heroin mostly discouraged!

So why its not something new? Take into consideration that many people have stated what you say.On the other hand many people could despute what you say.I happen to agree with you but you havent touched another important aspect which is mentality.

Now this "mentality" thing might sound the lolipop of elitists,but it is what distinquishes "drugs" and "druged up people" from constructive use.Unfortunatelly i think much attention is diverted only to the "fun" part (some people call it recreation) and setting up a healthy mentality and preperation for the upcoming experience is basic.Even here in shroomery (not trying to disrespect anyone) what is given out as correct preperation is usually "the basics" : Be happy,chill out,dont worry! This can help but there is much more to it.

A recent example : I know of a 30 y.o woman that for a long time we were involved.We have been taliing about experiences in general and when i brought up the chapter "mushrooms" she was delighted to hear about them! She read castaneda,and usually lived a very solitary life with her to daughters.She was a deep person in many aspects and her mind was what i can call "Brilliant".Also she was a complete NEWBIE to psychoactives ,having tried only alcohol and she wasnt fond of it.Now,this woman was not looking to "trip on shroomz dude" ,"have some fun" or "try psychedelics".She was looking for an earthshattering experience desolving all boundaries,defying everything and being moreo f a "once in a lifetime" thing.She did not want "childs play" ,she did not want "a funny afternoon" in other words.The life she led i believe prepared her for an experience like that.So after three months of intensive "homework" i told her to do,i did the Unbelievable Sin of giving her 3.5g Peganum Harmala + 60 grams of fresh cubensis.No i wasnt trying to kill her or make her go crazy,she got what she was asking for FULLY comprehending the dangers ,the possibilietes and everything else that comes with it.I hope im not castrated or crucified here for not giving her "1.5-2 dry grams for her first time" ,She wasnt looking for it... What happened you may ask? She had an experience of Mythologic level! She got awarded by the "Logos" (the audible voice lets say) with streams of gems,she took part in the creation of the universe and she felt utmost feminine....She learned to cope better,she unhooked her thinking from some conventional notions that seemed to bother her. Her remark was "The reading material you gave me though,spoke mostly about recreation...What about people like me?"

At this point i was short of an answer...So much is written about recreation not much about more involving (allow me the word "serious") work with mushrooms...

What i mean to say sillysimon is that you have just told us something very nice,an idea i would love to see it spread.Of more importance though is the "HOW" of the experience.A Mushroom alone will not change anyone.A Mushroom with correct preperation can be a turningpoint in ones life!

By the way i think there is already a church ,The Copelandia Church of God....My advise : Avoid creation "yet another church/religion".The prototype might be touching perfection ,a true gem,but what happens with religions and churches is that after some time ,usually after the death of their foundre they misinterpret original intentions and meanings and tend to be....ummm..."yet another church/religion"

Keep up the good work,i hope noone was offended my post because it was not written to offend but to inoculate some minds with new possibilities!

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3038503 - 08/23/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sillysimon said:
of course their are many many other ways of receiving enlightenment and pschedelics are not totally necessary.. what my point is, is that to all of us that choose to consume them, need to realize that it is a gift/tool that was made to prosper our psyches..

i dont know about gift.
i would say they are a tool.
but everything is a tool.

so still i dont know what your getting at.
Quote:

unfortuanately, in present day people are so "infected" with cultural assumptions and sublimainal brainwashing,if you will, that it takes something snapping them out of this false reality we live in, this tension of control we live in is alot stronger to break for some people, those shelterd people....

i think i have an idea of what your saying.
but maybe you should define the sympotms of this infection.
and explain how its a problem.
Quote:

AND THAT all of us that choose to cultivate this tool should comprehend the power that it holds, i look at it as a temporary glance through the infinite visonary artist itself..god. i see it not only as enlightenent but an actual conscious contact with the source of all energy and imagination..
of course many will debate this with me but i know there are many others that feel what i speak of, i truly belive that pschedelics will play a significant role in saving our planet and the human race, i believe that it is far past time to realize that these things have been put here to help us and we should not just fuck off and waste this experince by turning it into a trend that ultimately in the mind of the user take away from it......im not saying we shouldnt build a culture around it,, im saying we should spread the knowledge of "love".
not "drug"
..does that clear it up al little bit for you?

okay. spread love.
like jesus.
this has nothing to do with mushrooms.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleSugarMagnolia
WecanhaveHIGHtimesifyoudontmind

Loc: Halfway between here and ...
    #3038524 - 08/23/04 04:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am an almost 30 yr. old user and agree with the opinions expressed. I feel that any naturally occuring substance should be able to be used by those who want to use it. After all it is in the preperation of the plant/fungus that matters. I sometimes wish that all users of naturally occuring "drugs" (I hate that term!) could produce their own crops in nature and it be the end of it. If you can't get it to grow on your own property than oh well. But I really believe that in a "free" society one should be able to do as they wish as long as it doesn't infringe on someone elses freedoms. Why such irony?????
Peace love and shroominess!

--------------------
Peace,Love,& Shroominess! My favorite Mushroom site!

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

#3038528 - 08/23/04 04:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well dont knock fred, because he didint post this. and i understand why you feel like you need to picket this thread..
i have not subsituted anything i am stating a rational idea which i believe is true because our bodies are composed 100% by materials from the earth and our blood is 99% ocean water and "it just seems" like i could state this without any objection...please forgive me..
next,
what poteintal has been actuialized with the mushroom?
It has been well known since Newton that we normally perceive less than 0.5 (one half of one) of all known pulsations. Given the appropriate conditions, certain agents can be employed to enhance any aspect of mental performance, in this sense, making it more operationally effective.An individual?s personality is often marked or even transformed by their experiences under the influence of these drugs. They have had an enormous impact on shaping various cultures, mentally, spiritually, and politically as well. Indeed, the whole hippy 60?s thing happened, in part, precisely because of the new ranges of conscious experience originally kick-started into existence by the mushroom. The growing second wave of psychedelic research has likewise appeared on the account of the compelling nature of the ethnogen-inspired states of consciousness. Hallucinogens complex ordinary human brain chemistry so there?s a suggestion there that manipulation of neuro-numeral compounds and neurotransmitters and those sorts of things may in fact open the door to un-tapped areas of human potential.
next... yes i guess you could say i am at doubt with the majority of human life in present day unfortuanatly, but i know it is not their fault and that they have been conditioned to be like they are but i have a problem with that, i have a problem with people being so willing to devote their whole lifto a fairy tale. AND WHAT I MEAN by preliminary is.. leading up to something else..as in consciousness expansion...wtf, what did you think i meant.. of course i know that i may not see consciousness amongst society expand in my time... but if you look at time.. it was the hippie shit and the it all died drastically over the years, and now it is slowly growing back..

yes partly you are true about my anger towards these type of street junkies eating whatever makes their selfishness feel good.. but i think we have a higher potiental.. thats all i am saying.. i am open to people experimenting with "drugs" and chemically aided self exploration to help them grasp the ideal evolutionary status, but i see a growing trend of "find it , fuck it, forget it, forever."

and i said once before i wasnt taling about shroomery in particular, i am talking mostly about all the people around me that are not intrested in spirtuality at all and just intrested in chemical indulgence. and fuck i live in a little shit town so i think this must be everywhere else too.

You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind,CULTURE IS A FUCKING PATTERN... we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery.... and yes actually they are drugs but in the sense of enlightenment they are more to the user... ask anyone!!! and most other drugs have a mental or physical addiction, hence the "opposite of drugs"

dead heads are the generation of failed seekers, lost hopes... they believed the only way to salvation was through drugs and the prliminary thing i said early was hinitng at a total holt to this sort of therapy.

yes i do focus on others.. i observe that certain others are asleep...

the idea that a fungus is a tool made to prosper our mind and planet may be surreal but their you go with your cultural condtioning again..

who says i havent had a terrible, horrible trip... and whos to say that i didnt recive it as a blessing.. you assume agin....

what he was saying is that he dosent see why people are so selfish and close minded to want to harm others weel being when they arent affecting the prosecuters at all...yes it has always been a primative way of life but does that make it acceptable?

i also think that mushrooms have been growing. maybe not legally, but what is growing legally.. huh? mushrooms have been encountering far more people recently than in the past IMO.

"ALerting the public in that manner may be counter-productive. "The Man" could shut this site down most anytime "he" chooses. As long as we are not a nuisance to "them", the shroomery may survive."

i agree

listen dude ... people arent runnig around in the woods anymore hunting and gathering.. mushrooms dont grow on the pavement and buildings...i think it is a nesscesary thing we are doing by offering enlightenment.. the option is obscure in our present day society

wtf.. dude you are one literal person arent you?.. well let me explain it to you... a mushrrom feels like something more than a formation of water and soil.. more than just a bunch of chemicals that react with our minds.... you got all that?

well i tihnk that if he feels that passionate about consciousness expansion thatn he has thought of the consequences.. i feel inspired by that statement.." willing to go to jail"

your temporal perspective dosent seem so ideal to me... know do i have to explain my whole thread again?

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

psiloman [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038538 - 08/23/04 04:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

psiloman i totally agree with you and i was not offended at all.. i must emphasize the PRELIMINARY PART.. yes.. preperations are in need most of the time.. but not always....if people are opened up enough to the source of life.. the source is open to you.. because we are all the same thing in the end.. god is a tree and we are its leaves..
i needed no such thing of preperation.. i think its extremly possiblt to tap inot that dimension of understanding and consciousness if you have the capability.. i dunno maybe natural selection.. < (trying to say that in the most UN-egotistical way possible). all i needed to know was right before my eyes in the thoughts and lessons of the nature of the mushroom... can we all agree with the thory that there is a nature to the mushroom interacting with the human mind, and that it is a spiritual/mental interaction?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: psiloman [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038557 - 08/23/04 05:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Responding to yourself can be quite confusing. Try replying to the person who wrote the post. (And a touch of proof-reading will greatly aid the reader in following you.)

As to me being literal; this is not a poetry board. Clarity is usually the best way to get your ideas across to a large audience. Unless your goal is for every reader having a different interpretation, say what you mean.

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

jesus..ignorant [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038560 - 08/23/04 05:07 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yea spread love like jesus... FUCK JESUS.. blow a kiss and make a wish...yea,your going to heaven..close your eyes spread your legs and say a prayer for me... the symptoms? im thinking if you cant differentuate from somebody that is vaccant an somebody that has a little depth behind their eyes, as opposed to all the shallow souls that share the earth with us.. then you might be one of those hollow people... that is so ignorant to me..love.. like jesus, dude... BAM RIGHT THERE.. did you catch that? that is the problem.. your conditoning, you just made a cultural assumption that you cannot help and that is whats wrong.. you automatically relate the idea of "love" to all that you know apparently..the thing that has been programed into you since a child. im not saying you believe in jesus but what im saying is...take that as an example.. you are conditoned to relate things that have similarities.. together.. like a mexican is a hard worker.. or a black man is a theif.. jeus=love? hell no. Jesus equals a label to help humans grasp the idea of god/love.

THE POINT
You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind, we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery.

RELIGION, POLITIcS,INSTUTUIONALIZED EDUCATION..(EVERYTHING WE KNOW) IS BULLSHIT.
we are made by what we know.. therefore we are BULLSHIT

the problem with cultural coping and cultural assumption is that it encourages the mind to stop working.. it encourages the mind to stop functioning.. and a mind that is not functioning is clinically dead.

so .. yes we are a bunch of fucking brainwashed zombies.. humans are degraded by society and it will eventually kill us as a whole.....

a mushroom can dissovle assumptions .. therfore a gift*
to hold a light in all this darkness of ignorance......

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

swami.. [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038566 - 08/23/04 05:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i dont mean to be rude.. please forgive me..
anyways.. can you not understand that i replied in the order that you replied to my post?

i just thought that this would help people but apparently were not on the same page at all.
im tired of defending what i say.. just know.. that what i say,
has been said out of compassion and love for life and all you people can crtique it all you want but it want change the meaning the slightest bit...

so critque to your bleak oblivions...
^ my poetry** :wink:

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

a solution to this epidemic [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038575 - 08/23/04 05:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

a solution to this epidemic

a therapuetical mushroom...if needed explainaiton..

open your mind

--------------------

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: a solution to this epidemic [Re: sillysimon]
    #3038672 - 08/23/04 07:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You are aware that at any given moment you may be completely or atleast in part full of shit right? Are u certain your way..is the way, for all of us? Why do you make all these judgements? what makes you the authority? How do u know you are right in doing this? Honestly a good deal of the time im completely boggled as to how people can not think the way i do about alot of stuff, i believe i am right, and that my way is in many ways...the better way, but i generally keep my mouth shut because i know i may be completely full of shit, and i have no right to tell anyone else that they are wrong (unless they ask my opinion) and above all that i believe that making judgements of any kind is not "the way". But i fuck up alot and do it anyways. You may think this post is an example of that, that im judging you, but im not, i am not saying u are right or wrong, im not saying your intentions are good or bad, im simply questioning.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: jesus..ignorant [Re: sillysimon]
    #3039488 - 08/23/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sillysimon said:
yea spread love like jesus... FUCK JESUS.. blow a kiss and make a wish...yea,your going to heaven..close your eyes spread your legs and say a prayer for me...

what the hell does this mean?
Quote:

the symptoms? im thinking if you cant differentuate from somebody that is vaccant an somebody that has a little depth behind their eyes, as opposed to all the shallow souls that share the earth with us.. then you might be one of those hollow people... that is so ignorant to me..

the only difference that ive found between the "shallow" and the "full to the brim" people, is in how they apply their abilities/energy/will.
again i state, mushrooms are only one means of altering perception/energy.

maybe you should get into psychology/sociology.
it might help you explain these "shallow" people. i bet you would find more productive ways of describing them and their "disorder"
Quote:

love.. like jesus, dude... BAM RIGHT THERE.. did you catch that? that is the problem.. your conditoning, you just made a cultural assumption that you cannot help and that is whats wrong.. you automatically relate the idea of "love" to all that you know apparently..the thing that has been programed into you since a child. im not saying you believe in jesus but what im saying is...take that as an example.. you are conditoned to relate things that have similarities.. together.. like a mexican is a hard worker.. or a black man is a theif.. jeus=love? hell no. Jesus equals a label to help humans grasp the idea of god/love.

theres absoutly nothing wrong with cultural programming.
it helps us communicate. like how when i used jesus as an example, you knew exactly what i was trying to convey.
Quote:

THE POINT
You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind, we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery.

stop quotting leary and "think for yourself"....
Quote:

RELIGION, POLITIcS,INSTUTUIONALIZED EDUCATION..(EVERYTHING WE KNOW) IS BULLSHIT.
we are made by what we know.. therefore we are BULLSHIT

bullshit is bullshit. everything else is your perception of it.
if u see shit everywhere, wash your eyes.
Quote:

the problem with cultural coping and cultural assumption is that it encourages the mind to stop working.. it encourages the mind to stop functioning.. and a mind that is not functioning is clinically dead.

hows it do that?
Quote:

so .. yes we are a bunch of fucking brainwashed zombies.. humans are degraded by society and it will eventually kill us as a whole.....

a mushroom can dissovle assumptions .. therfore a gift*
to hold a light in all this darkness of ignorance......

a gift implys a giver.
therefore i use the word TOOL.

i agree with alot of your meanings.
but i dont think this kind of thing will help a "shallow" person as you said it.
i understand you, because ive been through it already.

but to a "vacant one" you might need to speak their language.

the CLEAREST possible logic maybe is the best thing ive found. it doesnt work most of the time tho.

i dont remember whos quote this is from. but i remember it.
"you cannot use the language of butterflys to communicate with cattarpillers"

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: jesus..ignorant [Re: BleaK]
    #3039713 - 08/23/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

if u see shit everywhere, wash your eyes.

I may have to "borrow" that one.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3039978 - 08/23/04 04:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Silly,

Do you realise that you said that you want to win minds? Do you have any idea how disturbing that sounds?LOL It sounds like you are being used by the dark forces to rally up minds for them to use.

If I caught myself saying that, I would start looking for the puppet strings. I only refer to dark forces because you are in a battle to win something and all battles require two sides. I know you will want to think that it is the side of the LIGHT forces and it makes no difference which side wants to win more minds or souls.

Stop and reason with this for just one moment, battle is battle and fighting to win peoples minds is selfish, sick and possesive and this is why a lot of channelings from the polarized light side turned me off to their cause because I have grown to see that. The light and dark standing alone are only half a complete being which is why they are both insecure. While we are caught up in duality we are a pawn in the game of light versus dark etc.

The light wants to win the minds of the dark so it can feel whole and the dark wants to win the minds of the light so it can feel whole. Why not integrate them both and balance them out and put yourself in mastery of THEM?

Niether side wants to stop and say, "well gee if I stop hating and fearing the other, i may see that I too have that side within me and when I accept that, the war will be over and I can go home in peace"

I thought the goal of spirituallity and raising consiouness was to overcome the inner duality struggle and move into soverignity, self mastery and personal growth.

Battling is the goal of duality. Which is it you are serving others and yourself with? No answer is right or wrong, I often slip and serve duality when I'm not thinking clearly.

Maybe the reason why you posted this is because something in you was begging to get your attention to hear these considerations.

I am not on a high horse either. I've temporaliy found myself getting into power struggles even here. When I catch myself, I laugh, recenter and let go of it.

Just wanted to post some food for thought as it served me to remind myself of this!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology