Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural?
    #22914930 -

Feel free to share as much of it as you wish.




.
Have you ever personally witnessed somethig you would consider supernatural?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 02/17/16 12:20 AM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #22914960 -

I've witnessed strange things, all of which are probably 'natural'.
So perhaps to your view yes, though in my mind the term supernatural is a mistake


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Ezuma] * 1
    #22914964 -

Yes but I was high on LSD so I dismissed it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Loyola10] * 2
    #22914973 -

No because supernatural things don't exist.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Ezuma] * 2
    #22914984 -

Ezuma said:
I've witnessed strange things, all of which are probably 'natural'.
So perhaps to your view yes, though in my mind the term supernatural is a mistake




I agree, all things are natural, there is just way more to nature than is caught in the reductionist logic of science at this point.

Quantum physics. A clump of 10,000 Rubidium atoms has been demostrated to have been in two places at the same time, for one second and a whopping foot and a half apart. Sounds liks supernatural mumbo jumbo, except it comes directly from a lab under controlled conditions

:themoreyouknow:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Patlal]
    #22914991 -

Why would someone film a balloon ...at a funeral?

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said so far in this thread.
To my knowledge I have never seen a ghost or had an ESP experience.
And all my supernatural experiences have taken place under heavy doses.

I still think there's way more to life than what we normally see and hear and the 5 senses and whatnot.

What happens on an subatomic scale doesn't necessarily translate well into human beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #22914995 -

"'I'm writing a book on magic,' I explain, and I'm asked, 'Real magic?' By 'real magic,' people mean miracles, thaumaturgical acts, and supernatural powers. 'No,' I answer. 'Conjuring tricks, not real magic.' 'Real magic,' in other words, refers to the magic that is not real; while the magic that is real, that can actually be done, is not real magic."


--------------------

Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #22915003 -

I have had at least ten experiences I would call paranormal, supernatural or at least highly mysterious.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: SoupSandwich] * 1
    #22915012 -

SoupSandwich said:
Why would someone film a balloon ...at a funeral?





I hate how skeptical of everything I am, I had the same exact thought, the only thing that guy/girl was doing was keeping their camera on the balloon even before anything "significant" happened, like they knew or something, plus why were they filming a funeral from their phone at all in the first place, you'd think they'd be..idk..grieving or something and distracted. Plus I have no reason to think static or something very explainable is what caused the balloons attraction.

But to the actual OP, unfortunately not, I share Ezuma's view on the subject, but I still haven't seen anything that didn't seem easily explainable or could even remotely be considered supernatural, no ghosts or unexplainable things of that nature, at least not in person, and I immediately dismiss anything on video because it's too easy for that to be manipulated. I've always wished to see something like ghosts or have something "supernatural" happen to me so I can have at least one reason to think there might be something after death or at least give me some type of hope for the people I've loved and lost, but so far nothing.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (02/17/16 10:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #22915031 -

I sincerely wish i would see something supernatural or w/e. I would love to believe in something other then cold logic, but i cant without evidence unfortunately

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Chuckfinely] * 2
    #22915117 -

There is no such thing as supernatural. Period. Everything is natural, though there are many, many things we don't understand. The amount that we do percieve and understand is SOOO much less than we think on a day to day basis.

"Supernatural" is just another word for: "I don't understand" or "I don't know"


--------------------
Holy crap! I'm a Cylon!!!!:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Chuckfinely]
    #22915140 -

Chuckfinely said:
I sincerely wish i would see something supernatural or w/e. I would love to believe in something other then cold logic, but i cant without evidence unfortunately




Quote:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
-Roald Dahl




With the supernatural world, belief comes first and evidence comes second. Its like that part of reality is conscious and says "If you don't believe in me I won't show myself."


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante] * 4
    #22915153 -

Or, more plausibly: if you want to believe in something, the human mind is very capable of tricking itself in believing the most retarded crap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #22915177 -

Too many to list.

At different times, had an ashtray briskly slide across to opposite end of a table, another time a glass did the same thing.  Both slid about two feet or so, so it wasn't some little table rattle or something as I was alone.

I heard a weird noise as I was reading in my bedroom, I looked around to see the lampshade violently rattling, very fast.

I was looking in my freezer for something to eat, I had been standing there a moment looking when the ice tray was literally slowly pulled out in front of my face and hit the floor.  It sits in the freezer on grates, so these have to be pulled, they do not slide.

Like I say, there is very much more I can list.

These things happened during a time I was using a Ouija board on a daily basis over about a years time.  Currently things still do happen though not as frequent, as I was told these entities will latch on and follow you...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: koraks]
    #22915228 -

koraks said:
Or, more plausibly: if you want to believe in something, the human mind is very capable of tricking itself in believing the most retarded crap.




Maybe the mind has a capacity to bend reality to make stuff happen that would not happen if you didn't believe it to be possible.

I've seen too much. I try to explain it away all the time but I just seen way too much, including stuff that was announced to happen well in advance, and did.

Double slits man. The Observer decides whether light or even atoms behave as waves or particles. Thats a clue right there that common sense is an oversimplification of reality.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: koraks] * 1
    #22915245 -

koraks said:
Or, more plausibly: if you want to believe in something, the human mind is very capable of tricking itself in believing the most retarded crap.



:buddhism:    :cross:    :islam:    :judaism:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #22915291 -

Someone please make me admin so i can move this thread to the spirituality and mysticism forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Buckthorn] * 1
    #22915296 -

Asante said:
With the supernatural world, belief comes first and evidence comes second. Its like that part of reality is conscious and says "If you don't believe in me I won't show myself."




IMO that's just confirmation bias, you already believe it so you're attributing something or interpreting something in a way to make it fit your already held belief, when in reality you(probably) don't know the answer.

Granted I could be guilty of that as well, I don't believe so I can dismiss or interpret an event that could be considered supernatural in a way that's natural solely because it goes against my already held belief.

Idk, personally I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, clearly there are things we can't explain, so it would be ignorant for me to say it's not possible because there's no possible way I could know one way or the other so I have no choice but to try and keep an open mind about it, but I personally think the majority of supernatural claims are nothing more then a form of confirmation bias.

I still hope in my lifetime I get to experience something that gives me some kind of hope or something to believe in though, I'd honestly love for that to happen, unfortunately though I feel that I am too skeptical that even if something would, I'd probably dismiss it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #22915311 -

Quote:
IMO that's just confirmation bias



What if it isn't, and you're missing out on extraordinary experiences simply because you choose not to believe.

What's so horrible about writing a blank cheque of faith in something that hasn't proven itself to you first?

Take a chance on the Mystery.




--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Have you ever personally witnessed something you consider supernatural? [Re: Asante]
    #22915334 -

What if it is all bogus and extraordinary experiences are just that - extraordinary, but waiting for a logical explanation to be found?

What's so horrible about looking out for that explanation even if it hasn't been shown to you beforehand?

Take a chance on Reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If you could give every person in the world one single thing
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 6,124 76 06/11/04 07:43 AM
by BlueCoyote
* cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station
( 1 2 3 4 all )
wrestler_az 10,905 63 08/04/04 04:44 AM
by wrestler_az
* cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wrestler_az 15,944 97 02/14/04 09:01 PM
by ask
* how old is the oldest person alive?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 4,986 26 04/29/04 01:51 PM
by Krishna
* Dr. Phil's amazing personality test!
( 1 2 3 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 7,389 49 10/18/03 01:28 AM
by jtseaweed
* Addiction...is it a personality trait?
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 4,476 23 07/25/04 01:24 PM
by
* Which type of drug does your personality resemble?
( 1 2 3 all )
thoth_the_moth 4,760 40 08/22/04 03:07 AM
by Merkin
* a person...me MOTH 953 14 07/30/04 04:03 AM
by plexus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,270 topic views. 2 members, 20 guests and 252 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 23 queries.