Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
the world is wicked and evil
    #2210697 - 12/30/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

greetings, intelligent people.

for a long time now, i have wanted to have an experiment, and last night, or sometime early this morning... i set it up and finished it.
the results, to me at least, were suprising. you see, i often wondered how people could be absolutely wicked, with only a little of what seems like encouragement. i made a post, in the off topic discussion yesterday. its called "kick my ass, please!"( you can read that here! !). that was the experiment... and if you want the results, go look. if there is a heaven, i expect only about 2% of the worlds population will get in, and thats past, present, and future population. im not saying im any better than anyone else, but i just thought everyone should know without a doubt how sick and twisted this world can be....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: the world is wicked and evil [Re: skoomaguitarist]
    #2210714 - 12/30/03 11:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I saw that thread, but I didn't read it because, well, I thought it would be just as you are saying it was. I'll go take a read.

Gee, not everyone will get into heaven? Well, first you have to prove there's a heaven to get into, otherwise, why should anyone care if they get into heaven or not???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2210716 - 12/30/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Logically, I just can't see how there could be a hell. Though i'm not 100% convinced, and could never be until the moment of death.

They're just confused, guy. Just be thankful that you were placed in a situation that allowed you to be the kind of person who can see that it's important to try to be benificial to mankind. They weren't so "lucky".

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Tommy Jett - Groovy Little Trip

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2210718 - 12/30/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, I looked at the thread, and at first, I thought, "Well, you sort of provoked them into it."

Then, as I kept reading, I thought, "Ouch. If I had been posting there, I would have said something to make you feel better. I would have referred you to a counselor. Something."

I was telling someone on another thread that I came from a forum where all the forums/threads were mean. It was pretty bad. People being mean for the sake of meanness.

Learyfan: Hell. I was taught what hell was when I was in Catholic school, so I have visions of ice/fire for eternity. But since then, I have figured out that hell is the absence of God. If we are made of the same substance that God is made of, and we face an absence of Him from our lives, that would be pretty terrible, although I haven't thought this through enough to be able to tell you why.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: the world is wicked and evil [Re: Learyfan]
    #2210720 - 12/30/03 11:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

then again, you did ask for it. is fulfilling the desire of another evil?

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: the world is wicked and evil [Re: Frog]
    #2210732 - 12/30/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If we are made of the same substance that God is made of, and we face an absence of Him from our lives, that would be pretty terrible, although I haven't thought this through enough to be able to tell you why.

I say that there is no absence of "God" anytime, only the illusion of being separate from "God". I could be wrong though.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2210747 - 12/31/03 12:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

If we are made of the same substance that God is made of, and we face an absence of Him from our lives, that would be pretty terrible, although I haven't thought this through enough to be able to tell you why.

I say that there is no absence of "God" anytime, only the illusion of being separate from "God". I could be wrong though.

[image]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:dXlS1o4GKF0C:bowwowmeowproductions.com/images/unconditional.jpg[/image]

You don't think that being out of the presence of God would be hell? Just curious, because I haven't thought this all the way through, as I said. Not trying to catch you with your pants down.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2210750 - 12/31/03 12:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to make an analogy with your experiement: give a bunch of men guns, make up some ridiculous reason, and send them off across the seas where they will be allowed to shoot 'enem'y human beings without any consequences. In fact, God is on THEIR side and they are encouraged to kill the evil scum bags (who of course think the same way about but vice-versa). Just because you are allowed or even encouraged to diss another person, doesn't make it anymore acceptable than if the person didn't want to be dissed. Nice experiment.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2210790 - 12/31/03 12:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why not conduct another experiment asking people to be as  nice  as possible to you?  I'd be willing to bet something like this might have you reconsider your conclusion..

Quote:

skoomaguitarist said:
if there is a heaven, i expect only about 2% of the worlds population will get in, and thats past, present, and future population.

This is a pretty small fraction of people!  Somehow I doubt whatever gatekeepers "heaven" may have would hold something like how "mean" you could be verbally to someone against you, especially when one is asked to do so.  To me it looked like you were trying to bring forward some creativity in peoples responses.  I wouldn't say this is a bad thing at all!  :smile:

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#2210796 - 12/31/03 12:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You don't think that being out of the presence of God would be hell?

Of course it would. My point is that it's my opinion that there is no such thing as being out of the presence of "God". In my opnion, "hell" is the state of mind in which you are very very lost in the illusion.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2210800 - 12/31/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I just want to be clear. I'm thinking hard here. You're never out of the presence of God? Even when you've done the sin that is supposed to be the unspeakable sin, and you die, you're not out of the presence of God?

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#2210859 - 12/31/03 01:04 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No, because you are God. Just as a tree is the earth.

I believe that when you "die", it's only the end of the illusion that you were just using to know a certain part of yourself.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2210890 - 12/31/03 01:20 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, the way I see it, we are all made of the same material of which God is made. We are "spirits" injected into human form. Now, if us spirits reject our maker, or whatever you would call the person with whom we share essence, aren't we separated from Him? Wouldn't that be hell?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2211242 - 12/31/03 07:05 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Then, as I kept reading, I thought, "Ouch.  If I had been posting there, I would have said something to make you feel better.  I would have referred you to a counselor.  Something."

Ahh, he doesn't need a counselor; he doesn't have any feelings. :smirk:

The experiment was tampered with, however. Instead of just asking them to add any comments on you that they would have, you encouraged them to talk negatively, you even did so yourself. Well, I still see what you mean, I guess, because they didn't have to take the bait...

But the fact that it is OTD ruins the experiment. If you went into Support Central and did the same thing, it wouldn't have ended up like it did. The best way to conduct it would be to do the same in every forum. Or something.

Fuck it, I just bought alcohol and fireworks, FUCK THE WORLD.

Damn straight.  :thumbup:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2211251 - 12/31/03 07:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I thought you did pretty well, considering you were asking for a slagging. Only 4 people actually tried insulting you, and the ones that did were just doing it to be funny. I especially liked the "gamecube" comment.

I sure hope a witty put-down doesn't land one a place in the fiery abyss.

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: the world is wicked and evil [Re: Revelation]
    #2215271 - 01/02/04 05:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"I would like to make an analogy with your experiement: give a bunch of men guns, make up some ridiculous reason, and send them off across the seas where they will be allowed to shoot 'enem'y human beings without any consequences. In fact, God is on THEIR side and they are encouraged to kill the evil scum bags (who of course think the same way about but vice-versa). Just because you are allowed or even encouraged to diss another person, doesn't make it anymore acceptable than if the person didn't want to be dissed. Nice experiment. "

slightly flawed analogy.. there we would have person A saying it's ok to do something to person B. Here we have person A saying it's ok to do something to person A.
Put another way, your analogy is like spanking someone because your friend said they'll like it, whereas that thread would be like spanking someone who personally asks you to spank them. The first is a negative, the latter a positive.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology