Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
a friendly reminder
    #2049720 - 10/28/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hello everyone!!!!! great day isn't it? I had an epiphany the other day an I feel compelled to share.  I was laying down in my backyard staring at the clouds and I realized something, I can sense things!  now sure most of you would say " no duh dude, you moron," but let us think about this for a second here shall we.  you are reading what I am typing right now and can comprehend every sentence i say (type), all based on agreements we have consciously made. doesn't that seem kinda nuts to you?

we actually exist, and we have senses to tell us that we exist. sight, sound, smell, and taste all mesh together oh so nicely, perfect don't ya think?  Ever sit back for a second and ponder the fact that you are here, and I mean really think about it? It's oh so complex and yet oh so simple. the main work of existence is already done, we just have to sit back and experience it.  we exist, we had to come from somewhere, where it doesn't matter, but the fact that we came from somewhere is the only thing that I really "know." As soon as I thought about that, this world stopped becoming mundane.  the birds sing all the time, the wind always blows, and the sun always rises and set, these are key elements in our living process.  It was like, "hey you can see all these colors and you have the ability to smell all these great smells."  in this respect we are all the same and it is these aspects that really matters in our existence nothing else. It is only through these aspects that life can really be enjoyed/appreciated. I then felt this neat rush down my back for only a split second, I had to take a walk, I felt so compelled.  I saw the world anew, all because I sat back for just a split second and fully realized I am here.  all these "what if's" popped in my head, but it all doesn't matter because I am here right now. I then thought about the half full half empty argument that describes if you are optimistic or pessimistic (sp?) I think this just complicates things, the cup is neither half empty nor half full, it is just there with whatever amount of substance that is there.  trying to measure the cup, which to me represents life, only complicates things.  we are too busy catagorizing things and we turn our heads away to the fact that it doesn't matter how much is there, as long as it IS there.  am I making any sense?  and we can fill it if we want to or we can dump it out, once choice is no better than the other, don't you agree?
maybe many of us have "figured" this out, and maybe many of us haven't.  who knows. I don't even know for that one, if that makes sense :wink: all I know is that the more I ponder about how different my life could be, the less I realize what it means to actually be here.  so why not stop for a minute and actually focus on your senses to see what "life can show us."?  I will conclude this by saying that I love this place and I really appreciate to all that have read this.  you have taken out some of your time to read and for this I am eternally grateful. 
btw here's a hug for all of you, lord knows we all need it :smile:   

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: a friendly reminder [Re: kaiowas]
    #2049889 - 10/28/03 06:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, its truly great, inn it? :grin:

Alive and breathing...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #2049927 - 10/28/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The way we 'sense' things is amazing. We pull complex thoughts and meanings from simple events and marks on paper. While the universe itself seems to be dry, we seem to find meaning, is that meaning really there? The words on this screen, are they really words? or is the reality that they are just black marks on a screen?

We have the ability to extract meaning and information from things such as small marks on paper to whole life events. Each bit of information we recieve has over a hundred different levels of meaning that seem to flow in and out of one another and still seem to have single theme in common. Any part of our lives can have several levels of interpretations, To label them good and/or bad is natural, cause we live life relative to our selves, and all selves have goals and behaviors every moment of their lives. These goals can be frustrated, postponed and sometimes even completely thwarted. One then finds his mind in chaos, trying to establish himself as meaningfull in world that is indifferent to his goals. Positivity and Negativity is an (overly) simple way of looking at life's situations relative to your self's goals. One must learn to intergrate life's problems and changes. That takes a certain amount of flexibility with an interesting element of stubborness, it takes a love of filling the brain bucket and a love of improving one's skills that your circumstances insist you must have.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: a friendly reminder [Re: David_Scape]
    #2051646 - 10/28/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i think it's the integrating of circumstances that makes life interesting in the first place. I dunno if the meanings are actually there. I think these words only have meaning to the extent of our own minds. we can apply meaning to any situation, we are the creators of this. so maybe it is there. hmmm

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
    #2051815 - 10/28/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I know just what you mean.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2051969 - 10/28/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thank You Kaiowas. Sometimes I need an eye-opener, in between trips.

To just BE, is tough to do, with so many distractions, categories, events, moods, and thoughts. Rarely do people sit just to sit, or think on a simple level that they ARE. not that they are Joe, they are a man, they are tall, an accountant, late for work, tired, hungry, blah blah... just that they exist.

I exist.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: a friendly reminder [Re: Blastrid]
    #2052564 - 10/29/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sensation = perception.

Our bodies first sense things, and we then interpret these feelings based on our own experiences, hence perception.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: a friendly reminder [Re: Psilozero]
    #2052911 - 10/29/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"To just BE, is tough to do, with so many distractions, categories, events, moods, and thoughts. Rarely do people sit just to sit, or think on a simple level that they ARE. not that they are Joe, they are a man, they are tall, an accountant, late for work, tired, hungry, blah blah... just that they exist.

I exist."

while I was reading this I was reminded that while there are distractions, we shouldn't just do away with these, just accept them in our lives.  I think I'll quote someone who said, "to own a mansion in heaven, one must also own a condo in hell."  it is through these ups and downs that at one point we can find a place in between which is IMHO the most optimal way of enjoying the here and now of our lives. This inbetween place is neutral, which allows us to be calm and limits our normally boisterous thoughts to a very tiny whisper. I believe that when I do find this place, I just let "the wind guide me to where I need to go." you're right though, trying to find this plae is very difficult, which is why we need to work at it.  when we find this place, our judgement  is limited as well, which is very helpful. I am defining judement in this case not the ability to make decisions, but rather saying what is right and what is wrong. just a couple of thoughts :smile:

"sensation = perception.

Our bodies first sense things, and we then interpret these feelings based on our own experiences, hence perception."

maybe.  I dunno.  I think that we shouldn't totally rely on sensations to percieve or else we would become slaves to our senses.  true when we feel pain our minds can interpret things such as danger and worry.  but really though, if we sense pain for example, and our minds attach fear to it, then the pain gets worse.  you know like, pain stings, but pain really really hurts when fear is attached to it.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2053048 - 10/29/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sensation + perception = Imagination Dont for get our senses fool us and we just imagine most things we see. We are walking around in a day dream.

"I think this just complicates things, the cup is neither half empty nor half full, it is just there with whatever amount of substance that is there"

I beleive that too it aint half empt or half full its just 500ml full of fluid :smile:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (10/29/03 06:46 AM)

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: a friendly reminder [Re: EvilGir]
    #2056025 - 10/30/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

all these equations ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh j/k

seriously though, are you implying that since this is a dream it really isn't there? i know what you mean by your senses fooling you.  like when you normally touch an object, like a table for instance. when you touch the table, it feels cold.  it doesn't mean that the table IS actually cold, it just feels that way because its colder than you.  so our senses fool us in the respect of what's actually there, but it IS still there.  am i making sense at all?? :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2056479 - 10/30/03 07:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well just because this is a dream it dosent mean that it aint real. Its like when your asleep and dreaming would you happly cut off your own hand with a knife or happily eat bees and wasps probably not. This is a dream world but a kinda of twisted one, guess the only realy way to describe it as the matrix. Which is probably closer to reality than we think minus the computer thing and special effects ect and the one.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2057553 - 10/30/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

god, i cant agree enough. you have, with your post Kaiowas, quite possibly urged me onward and through this weird emptiness that's been upsetting me lately. i totally forgot about feeling alive... whoa man. thanks :-) 5 shrooms to you!

Quote:

Blastrid said:
Thank You Kaiowas. Sometimes I need an eye-opener, in between trips.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: a friendly reminder [Re: entiformatie]
    #2062295 - 11/01/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Well just because this is a dream it dosent mean that it aint real. Its like when your asleep and dreaming would you happly cut off your own hand with a knife or happily eat bees and wasps probably not. This is a dream world but a kinda of twisted one, guess the only realy way to describe it as the matrix. Which is probably closer to reality than we think minus the computer thing and special effects ect and the one."

I like the matrix idea, sorta like an idea of the mass mind IMHO. To me it was like a great introduction to higher level concepts. in essence, there is the one, we are all it. don't ask me to prove it because I could never in reality prove nor deny this concept, but to me it resonates with me on the level I can't explain. what does dream mean to you?? any of you?? what is this concept of a dream. if it isn't a plae where we go when we sleep, then what is it? is it just a product of our mind or what?? any thoughts?

--------------------

OfflineAttackgecko
Stranger
Wisdom through chemistry [Re: kaiowas]
    #2062307 - 11/01/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Our whole life is the trip.
Sincerely,
That which is and has no choice but to be

Invisiblequestioning
shaker
Loc: joisey
    #2062571 - 11/01/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

To just BE, is tough to do, with so many distractions, categories, events, moods, and thoughts. Rarely do people sit just to sit, or think on a simple level that they ARE. not that they are Joe, they are a man, they are tall, an accountant, late for work, tired, hungry, blah blah... just that they exist.

i thought about this a few days ago. i brought my dog to the lake, it was cold out, pouring rain, but she wanted to get out of the house. so i'm standing there throwing sticks out to the lake, so she can dive after them. she gets the exact stick i throw, even when if it's hard to do. Sometimes i threw too far, and she's struggle. If she seemed to be unable, i'd call her back and she'd shift her focus to me, and swim back, almost apologetically that she didn't have the stick. I'd give her lots of love and I'd find another for her and she'd instantly let go of the last dissapointment, and focus on the present stick. She never attempted it with less heart, because she failed the last time. Everytime she reached it, she'd be obviously excited.
She wasn't worried about what would happen, what happened yesterday, or it being cold. She was excited to be alive, with her person, and out in fresh air swimming and running. When we left, she was excited to be in the car, her time swimming was done, and she didn't seem regretful that she was done, she accepted it and looked forward to where she was going.
dogs have it all figured out it seems.

--------------------
important questions sometimes involve a quest to answer.

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: a friendly reminder [Re: questioning]
    #2062618 - 11/01/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"The Matrix" is just another veiled pattern that can be found in everything, I mean who is to say the machnies are not just experiencing a reality programmed for them, or that the "real world" in the matrix is even the real word and not another matrix. It could go on forever and forever. I want to see a movie, when the person keeps on waking up though all these different realites, and eventually half way through the movie he starts going mad because he think it will never stop... wait I have a movie idea, ITS MINE I TELL YA!!!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: a friendly reminder [Re: caolite]
    #2062672 - 11/01/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe all of Neo's experiences, are simply the result of Neo being kidnapped and plugged into a top secret A.I. matrix computer in Hollywood.

*Eat snacky smores*

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #2067231 - 11/03/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I like to think about the incompleteness of our body's senses. We have the common animal senses and have evolved comparatively complex analyzational abilities to become the humans of today's world. Yet that is it- we are not an end product- our simple senses are shared by the dumbest of beasts- the ones we slaughter for our food endlessly on a daily basis. I'm trying to say that our perception of reality is incredibly limited by our finite bodies and brain power. It's not a sad thing really, but it is extremely interesting to think about. Our entire concept of what is happening daily is only as much as our brain can throw together at once. If you think about the infinite expansiveness of the universe and what exists to be thought about, sensed, and understood, it's not hard to consider that all in all, in the grand scheme of things, we are not all that much smarter than Merlin, my pet iguana. Now that's incredible to me.

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: a friendly reminder [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2069001 - 11/03/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree about us and your iguana.... Not only do the same thoughts amaze me, but i i'm also amazed at how most of us walk around seemingly unaware of this fact. And beyond that many if not most of us go so far as to atleast from the outside seem to believe that this is it, this is the pennicle of evolution, no where to go but down, where as i'm of the opinion that really, this is just the beginning, especially since we are begining to take our evolution into our own hands, or atleat starting to have the ability to do so. The future is looking very intresting, and personally i cant wait, as long as we are cautious. As for those who say we shouldn't play god, maybe they are right but we've been doing that for the last several thousand years atleast anyways, at this point stopping may be far more dangerous then going forward. If you own a Dog or cat, you can thank humanity's willingness to play god, or if you've ever bought produce from your local market. You think those animals existed in nature as they are now? you think corn grows in neat lil rows and in huge fields naturally? We've cast our lot with technology, we've abandoned for the most part natural evolution, barely anymore survival of the fittest going on now, all we have left for the most part is race mixing, which i'm all for since it will likely produce alot of very hot dark haired girls :wink: So anyways i say we run with it all, or else stop putting saftey stickers on everything and making seat belt laws.
Sincerely,
That which is and has no choice but to be

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: a friendly reminder [Re: ZenGecko]
    #2069360 - 11/04/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes I agree that our sense are incomplete, but that doesn't mean that animals sense them the way we do.  I know for sure that my cat can sense things that I can't.  I observe her sometimes as she jumps around all tweakish like.  her ears go back and forth as if she hears something (which she does).  it doesn't make them better than us, and we are certainly not better than them. we may not be smarter than the animal but we are intelligent.  what's the difference?  intelligence to me is how well your mind grasp ideas concepts priciples etc.  being smart is what you do with it, but yes in the grand scheme we aren't any better than your iguana.  hehe merlin, sweet name

"You think those animals existed in nature as they are now? you think corn grows in neat lil rows and in huge fields naturally? We've cast our lot with technology, we've abandoned for the most part natural evolution, barely anymore survival of the fittest going on now, all we have left for the most part is race mixing, which i'm all for since it will likely produce alot of very hot dark haired girls  So anyways i say we run with it all, or else stop putting saftey stickers on everything and making seat belt laws."

no we should rely on nature.  nature can take care of us on her own without our help/intervention.  how presumptuous (sp?) are to think that we are better.  sure we get more food, but for everything we accomplish, there is a sacrifice that is made no matter how small.  we disturb a lot more than we help. 

as far as playing god goes, it depends on your point of view.  to me, I am a part of "god"  we all play this game.  that was kinda my point with this post.  WE ARE HERE.  it cam from somewhere, who knows where, but we came from somewhere.  think about the fact that you exist, that you are reading what I typed, RIGHT NOW (I'm not yelling here btw :smile:) to most people I think it is a mundane concept, but I really like it.  nothing brings a smile to my face more than saying, "this ground I am sitting on, this sky I am seeing, the smell of dew on the ground, all exists, and I can sense them here.  all together, all at once.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag