Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1478899 - 04/21/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

/me laughs so hard he pees.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: Phluck]
    #1479928 - 04/21/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Phluck i bet you didn't even read it?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineSuper_Wario
Berry farmer.

Loc: Canada
    #1482956 - 04/22/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I did. It's a bunch of ideas with no basis.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: What is the matrix? (1) [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1489652 - 04/24/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"G-d did not want them to know good from evil."

Although i'm not religious, my take on this part of the popular novel known as The Bible is that God didn't want them to know good from evil because he wanted to keep control of everything. He was pissed that he set up everything perfectly and then they went and broke the ONE RULE he laid out for them.. God seems more evil than Satan in genesis; the selfish bastard, wanting all power, control, and judgement to himself.. That still shines through clear-as-day to me in Christianity - total control. Talk about a fuckin dictator, eh? EDIT (ADDITION): lol now that I've read this whole thread, I see that this was already explained in detail.. (END EDIT)

My take on the matrix is the following: They are proposing that we live in a very matrix-like reality RIGHT NOW, and that Zion (or whatever that last human city was) is simply a metaphor for those standing up against the political and corporate bullshit that is infecting this whole planet..... while we're wired into our schools and jobs, the major systems of control are free to do whatever they want, mainly using our flesh, blood, and money to drive their own machine. Mass-conditioning is similar to the containers in the matrix we are all plugged into in the movie - plugged into a constant stream of bullshit to distract us from the tubes sucking stuff out of our minds and wallets. I don't think they are referring to God or extra dimensions or the spirit world or whatever, I think they are referring to the matrix being governmental control/conditioning, and the outside world being a kind of anarchy or a system where everybody has the same amount of control over everybody else, not the unbalanced bullshit we see going on today. Unfortunately not many people see this metaphor in the movie, and instead just go to see the trippy slow-motion effects...

Of course, thats just my take on the thing.. its all subjective right? heh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/24/03 02:13 PM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
    #1489653 - 04/24/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to add that,

For many thousands of years the earth has had some sort of anti-conscious crusade or dogma that has governed the people of the world.

I was sitting at work one day thinking, "Does the christian god want us to be conscious?" The answer is no - he wants us to be stupid!

From the Fall of man 3:6

She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and the realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the lord god as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the lord god among the trees of the garden. But the lord god called to the man. "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because i was naked: so I hid." And he answered "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that i commanded you not to eat from?"

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: Super_Wario]
    #1489780 - 04/24/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

are there any ideas with a basis, Einstein?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: What is the matrix? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1508803 - 04/30/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: djfrog]
    #1510351 - 05/01/03 02:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i always have such a hard time choosing an icon.. haha.. cuz thers so MANY!!! thers a little bug on my monitor, perhaps a gnat. ive always liked gnats, they remind me of myself, except i cant fly... anyway, i think the story of adam and eve and their "fall from grace" is a metaphor. and the "forbidden fruit" wasnt any psychoactive. if man was the"highest" lifeform other than "God" then why would they have needed them? i think the forbidden fruit was man wanting to be greater than God, or believing in his own greatness.. so even though it was forbidden man said "oh yeah, screw you, youll never know; and even if you do find out, what can you do to ME??" the forbidden fruit was mans self importance, wanting to be greater than what he is to begin with. theres a quote in the bible that says something like "the lord gives you every breath, without him youd die.." and maybe thats so. when i think of the word "God" i dont imagine a man sitting on a throne saying "do this, dont do that.. " i love this gnat.. he doesnt appear to know where hes going but still he just seems beautiful to me. im going to get really off subject now, so forgive me.. but anyone who would kill an insect just for the sake of killing it is.. and during the "what is life" debate on here so many people wanted to elevate themselves higher than other visible lifeforms.. to show their "power"? their delusion? anyway, where was i? getting back to "God" is really the goal.. "God" would never tell you not to eat fun guys or take certain forbidden substances.. "God" is all around you, and to really try to think about it is useless, you just have to feel and see it.. the same things that move that gnat also move us.. "humans" are no different than a kitty, or a centipede or even a rock.. its all just one big shithole of activity.. the kitty chases the centipede and knocks a rock down which starts a rockslide killing you.. and to this you will say "well im conscious of "ME", i have an iq of 900, i made a building and drive a car and can "think".." of course you could say that but, no one cares.. but living with that "FLOW" is something else. i mean, we all live under its rule but, to trancend that rule, to remain ourSELVES as well as a part of everything is the trick. some people have trouble accepting, or just dont like the thought that they are on a par with, say, a gnat.. it makes them feel like less, when in REALITY it makes them more. so the trick then is to "go with the Flow" while still doing what you want to do. im not sure what that means, since the Flow dictates what you want to do and can aid you as well but.. the search is for freedom. thats why dreams are a chance and why "lucid" dreams give a chance at control, to not only change your surroundings or "travel" haha, (im sorry but it just sounds funny right now) but most importantly to change yourself.. self importance is a main issue though. even if you can lucid dream every night and travel to where ever you wish, it is a mistake to believe that "you" have any real say in the matter. your desire to do so cannot be ignored but the very thing that led you to have such a desire and allows you a forum to do those types of things is.. greater than YOU.. so as far as a post that was about a few days ago "accepting what is" i disagree. and too many people wish to say that "trancending reality" is a political, social issue. that somehow a desire like that fits into the neat little box. so we dont accept "reality", well fight tooth and nail for freedom. and we dont accept the scraps that our thrown to us from our masters table. but likewise we see the benefit of said master, and we dont attack or strike out against she or he, because we know that they are controlled as well. so if theres anyone to really lash out at its not another human.. its ourselves. as much as i might want to bash someone over the head for being so ignorant, its not really their fault. it is, but for all practical purposes personally it really isnt.. perhaps they didnt have the opportunity to see what you have seen, or the strength to follow what they saw.. i dont believe in peace.. and i dont believe in war.. i simply believe in seeing things for what they are and going from there. my wife told me years ago that "there are no saviours." and as much as id like to "change the world" i have enough on my hands just dealing with myself and making the world a beautiful place for her to live in.. so i guess thats my Truth, to show her as much love as she deserves. if someone attacked her i would either kill them or beat them badly but usually grand schemes like "crusades" end badly, its more a matter of self importance or the will to dominate more than an effort one truly feels for or believes in. "God" never told us to start any wars.. our misrepresentations did, our stupidity did, our being controlled against our will (yet we believe it is OUR own decision) did.. ive gotten way off subject i think, and wrote too much but, i guess i just felt like writing.. someone said on a response to this post that the matrix was just a movie that hollywood knew they could make a buck off of. (something like that, sorry to whoever had that response) well a movie isnt just a movie any more than a gnat is just a gnat, or a silly useless dream is just a dream, or a sudden insight is just "being idle minded".. ANYTHING can affect you/influence you, for "good" or "bad". and i would regard the matrix as good.. it brought the idea of "more than this" to the masses, it made them think if only for a moment.. it inspired young people to say "fuck this, there must be another way" (which doesnt always turn out well but at least it got them searching) basically "God" can speak to you through anything, any medium, any vessel you take for granted due to the strain of everyday life.. so for some the matrix was just a movie.. for others it was something more. and it touched them (as anything else might) on a personal level that no one knowledgable should ever seek to diminish.. its a personal universe. and seeing it as such doesnt make one "arrogant".. it simply means that you acknowledge the power that lies within you, and the force that is desperately attempting to make you realize your full potential. so...... in a universe as miraculous as this NOTHING can be regarded as "just this" or "just that".. its the FEELING that counts and if you are struck by that FEELING then it doesnt matter what anyone else says, or feels.. its where a true individual is made, following something no one else can even conceive of, much less follow. anyone who truly wants peace doesnt protest, or wave a flag or become muslim, or even let themselves hate war. after all, it gave them the idea of peace in the first place.. if you truly want to make this world a better place, if you truly want to "be all you can be" then learn to dream. learn to cultivate your hidden resources. everything begins with YOU, and that isnt arrogant thinking, nor is it self important. its a fact.. and the decision to to do great things, either outwardly or internally is up to you. that is what separates us from animals or plants or minerals. we have the ability to decide what we Truly want. that decision is all that matters; your "hidden resources" will take care of the rest.. again, im sorry to have gotten so far off subject. "what is the matrix"? control..

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: gedezia]
    #1511422 - 05/01/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I liked ur post man.

Its like now days im contracticting myself. I wish i understood, insanity/crazyness more. The quote from trinity: "The answers are out there neo, its the question that drives us." She didn't complete the quote it in my opinon, the last word should have been "insane".

The first time i seen the matrix, i liked it, but not anymore than i like good movies. It wasn't until i started getting into conspiracys and such, did i start to make the connections. Hehe, just like neo in the movie- he has a very hard time believeing that everything you know is wrong/false. The same shit happened to me, but neo was given the truth all at once, and was expected to digest it at that time. However, mine was a slow painful process. I should hurry up and get the book "childeren of the matrix" may offer some insight!

When morpheus says, "You've always knew something is wrong with world, you can't pinpoint it but you know its there, like a splinter in your mind." I too have basically always knew SOMETHING is wrong with the way things work. I couldn't understand why, in school, why everyone had to prove themselfs to everyone else. Like the ego, is holy or something. Or like when my parents say the words, "thats life". Implying that what you see, and what you touch is all that will ever be. Of course at this time, i had no insight into the matrix, all i knew is that if (all of this shit, is all there is), when, What the fuck is point in living. To work at least 50 to 75% of you life. For a little house, and the basics?

When you hear the word "god", its always implyed that its one. When you hear the words "god doesn't exist", many will come to the aid of this and try to prove god's existance. How about man is god, god is man. God being one,-doesn't exist!

So god doesn't exist! lol

Truely i feel like i don't know shit ANYMORE!

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: gedezia]
    #1511474 - 05/01/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

(ya i can't spell, the spell check doesn't work, and im too lazy to get the dictionary)

As for the forbidden fruit, you could be correct.

There's something about drugs, and the society that doesn't make sense. In the bible it says, you'll eat the fruit, and your eyes will open, you'll be as god, knowing good and evil. I know that many people here would agree that psychedelics "open" your eyes to seeing reality more cleary, and many would also vouch that it helps them realize good and evil or realize good and evil.

Its like i can see why there such a BIG deal over that first puff from the marijuana cigarette. It opens the door ways to consceiousness, your society says your free, but are you?, if you can't do drugs? Most believe were free, thats only because your not consceious of freedom. How can you be free if your not conscieous?

I only feel like a terrorist, not because im any threat to "them", but because i realize what this war is really agianst consceiousness/or evil (lol). I live my life in pursuit of plants that explore consceiousness. Thus a war agianst people like me. The movie Dream catcher has alot of good, insights into the subject of drugs, consceiousness/christ, and the future of goverment. Theres soo many i can't remember them all. Dream catcher would be a model of what going to happen in 2003 -2005, and the matrix is a model of life in 2006-2012.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1511626 - 05/01/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

cool so we'll get to move in slow-motion from 2006-2012?

--------------------

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1511887 - 05/01/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I enjoyed that last post johnnyfive. The government is indeed controlling out consciousness and it is beyond horrendous. If there were no outside help the future would be grim indeed. The good thing is that, like many of us have been saying in other posts, help is already here and more is on the way. Do not worry too much about the future because, as the matrix represents, neo has entered the building and soon enough changes will be evident to all. My advice to you is do your own part to help by trying to do the right thing IE. Love, understand and learn. Much easier said then done in this society for sure, but each one of us can make a difference by changing ourselves. You only have control over your own actions and the change starts with each and every one of us.
Hope this helps

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: You_are_God]
    #1511905 - 05/01/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Do not worry too much about the future because, as the matrix represents, neo has entered the building and soon enough changes will be evident to all.

For the umpteenth time, the name's not Neo, it's Evolving.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: What is the matrix? [Re: Evolving]
    #1511949 - 05/01/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol that can be taken in different ways but yet again....all are correct. Thank you for being nonspecific evolving.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains