Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
I have changed my mind about the war....
    #1978145 - 10/04/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I still think it was justified, but now I have no respect whatsoever for the troops over there. I think we need to get the fuck out as quickly as possible. I just got done talking to some friends from the 3rd infantry and their stories were quite enlightening. They do in fact seem to disregard human life. They also do behave in any manor they desire over there. I was both sickened and saddened by their stories. I hope that the incidents I heard about were isolated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm so furious right now it isn't even funny. I about got my ass in a fight with about 10 military guys that I thought were my friends. Damn i'm angry. (sorry for the rant)

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewingnutx

Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: z@z.com]
    #1978148 - 10/04/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what'd they do?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: wingnutx]
    #1978155 - 10/04/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They talked about going through towns driving all the people out to the outskirts and fucking shooting them and shit like that. Sick shit with no regard for human life. It really made me sick. I don't care to go into any more detail than that. They had fucking pictures of this shit too from what I was told.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblewingnutx

#1978190 - 10/04/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Turn them in.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1978192 - 10/04/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Did they claim to have done this under orders?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1978279 - 10/04/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I was pretty drunk when I talked to them (actually I still am), I will try and get more details and If I get anything substantial I will turn them in. I feel insulted that people like that are representing myself and my country.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1978284 - 10/04/03 02:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Did they claim to have done this under orders?

Not from what I remember, but I got the impression it was not looked down upon by the people in charge nor was it really hidden from them.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #1978287 - 10/04/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

*I feel insulted that people like that are representing myself and my country.

That is how I feel every time a post man goes postal.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1978306 - 10/04/03 02:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

this is disturbing news but I can't say I'm too surprised..
i mean, we had a soldier getting drunk, walking into a tiger cage and getting himself mauled over there a while back. I'm sure they're under a lot of stress and all, but things are getting out of hand.

That is how I feel every time a post man goes postal.

reminds me of a joke I heard the other day:

What does it mean when the flag at the Post Office is flying at half-mast?

They're hiring

Edited by infidelGOD (10/04/03 03:05 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1978456 - 10/04/03 04:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
I was pretty drunk when I talked to them (actually I still am), I will try and get more details and If I get anything substantial I will turn them in. I feel insulted that people like that are representing myself and my country.

You should wear a wire. One way you might get more out of them is to act like you think they're just fucking with you.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1978542 - 10/04/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't expecting what you wrote in this thread. I thought you were going to say that you decided that they war wasn't justified.

I was just the opposite. I thought the war wasn't justified but I respected the troops. Still do unless I find out that most are doing shit like you say.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1978549 - 10/04/03 06:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So your going to base your respect for the troops (druggies, drivers, teachers, cops, choose your pic) on what a few allegedly did?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1978598 - 10/04/03 07:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This is one of the most disturbing posts I've ever seen on this forum. Not exactly surprising, given the nature of war, but disturbing nonetheless.

I don't think turning them in is going to help much. If their superiors are turning a blind eye to it, nobody is going to help you. Your "friends" will deny everything and the military will close ranks to protect its own. Even if you are able to record them admitting it, they'll just claim it was some bullshit they made up to freak you out when you were all drunk.

War does very fucked up things to people, and under those circumstances they'll just go apeshit and do whatever they think they can get away with. If they ARE getting away with things like that, there's something very wrong and sick with our military.

But what it finally comes down to is that leadership is by example: if our president and other top leaders have no regard for truth or innocent civilian life, that message gets sent in ways both blatant and subtle down to the lowliest footsoldier. Our society is rotting from the top down and has been for a long time (and I mean long before even Bush entered office--he's just helping it along big time).

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1978600 - 10/04/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

When he sobers up maybe his opinion will change. We'll see. I knew he was drunk when I read "I still think the war was justified".

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

#1978677 - 10/04/03 09:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

that's extremely fucked up. if i was you...

i'd get it on tape. i think it would have to video somehow, no?

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: ]
    #1978996 - 10/04/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

he has their name and unit. It could be easily verified or disproved by the press or Amnesty International.

Anonymous

Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: wingnutx]
    #1979003 - 10/04/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

he couldn't prove that it was indeed them speaking on the tape.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1979033 - 10/04/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

luv,

What about the others of us that have heard the same stories, out of different infantry divisions? I dont even speak to some of my own flesh and blood anymore. What about all of the stories that are finally starting to surface out of Iraq about this? How long will you buy the propaganda? How many people will it take for you to see the truth?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1979174 - 10/04/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Even should the story turn out to be true it shouldn't cause him to lose respect for THE troops, just for THOSE troops who do such things.

And I don't swallow propoganda from either side. Until there is proof, it's just a story.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: I have changed my mind about the war.... [Re: ]
    #1979383 - 10/04/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wouldn't have to. They would just have to know where that unit had been for the duration of the conflict, and look for a town where everyone had been frog-marched out and shot. More than just those individuals would be culpable.

This would be a goldmine for the press, of which there is no shortage in Iraq.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale