Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #15441163 - 11/29/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Surprised that no one's said it, but Terence's cause of death is clear...

:ancientaliens:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: deepninja]
    #15441193 - 11/29/11 05:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

DMT is not unhealthy anyway what so ever in terms of pharmacology in the body, vaporized DMT in the lungs smoked through a bong for example wont burn your lungs because it's not hot enough, and it's water soluble in your lungs (how the hell do you think it makes it to your brain?) The only way it could be unhealthy is if it's burned by the flame meaning it's no longer DMT but rather by products from being burnt.  Do you even know what the benefits of vaporizing are????  You don't get any products from combustion when you vaporize.  I'm guessing you haven't taken a chemisty class yet or you would know that.

when you vaporize DMT you often times don't use high end electronic vaporizers so there is often times still a little combustion. besides, you're not vaporizing water here... sure it's a non-toxic drug but you don't know for sure what it does when it lines the inside of your lungs. aren't you still inhaling particulate matter? not saying youre wrong, but you have to consider more than just toxicity and combustion when you talk about inhaling anything into your lungs

Offlinedeepninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Twin Peaks
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #15441207 - 11/29/11 05:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
DMT is not unhealthy anyway what so ever in terms of pharmacology in the body, vaporized DMT in the lungs smoked through a bong for example wont burn your lungs because it's not hot enough, and it's water soluble in your lungs (how the hell do you think it makes it to your brain?) The only way it could be unhealthy is if it's burned by the flame meaning it's no longer DMT but rather by products from being burnt.  Do you even know what the benefits of vaporizing are????  You don't get any products from combustion when you vaporize.  I'm guessing you haven't taken a chemisty class yet or you would know that.

when you vaporize DMT you often times don't use high end electronic vaporizers so there is often times still a little combustion. besides, you're not vaporizing water here... sure it's a non-toxic drug but you don't know for sure what it does when it lines the inside of your lungs. aren't you still inhaling particulate matter? not saying youre wrong, but you have to consider more than just toxicity and combustion when you talk about inhaling anything into your lungs

Ok but the DECIDING difference is that DMT is water soluble, so if it's in your lungs it doesn't stay there like tar from smoke....

--------------------
We sit perched atop our vantage point:
Gazing outward in amazement, of things past, present, and future.
We are explorers of the Universe

www.youtube.com/cometcatropics

OfflineAround In Circles
Eternally Recurring

#15441234 - 11/29/11 05:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I actually just discussed this with Alex Grey recently.

He was of the opinion that Terence's frequent cell-phone use may have been a contributing factor to his tumor. Bear in mind, these early cellphones were huge and Terence was using them regularly while at his place in Hawaii. Hour + long interviews etc. I was surprised to hear Alex mention this, but after I digested it, it does make a great deal of sense. Alex knew Terence quite well.

Alex then brought up Bill Hicks and his similar fate; we both agreed at my suggestion that they simply flew too close to the Sun.

I believe that Terence was just "unlucky" enough, as was Bill; it was almost like it was "meant" to happen to solidify their legacy as thinkers who pushed the boundaries.

--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Offlinedeepninja
Male User Gallery

#15441241 - 11/29/11 05:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

but you have to consider more than just toxicity and combustion when you talk about inhaling anything into your lungs

Ok and what else exactly would you have to consider besides toxity, combustion, PH, and temperature?  I'd like to know your answer?

--------------------

Edited by deepninja (11/29/11 05:58 PM)

Offlinedeepninja
Male User Gallery

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Around In Circles]
    #15441286 - 11/29/11 05:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ya that sounds reasonable.  I don't think the orange goo was the cause of his death, you miss read my statement. I implied though that it may have had something to do with it.  Again, I never said it was the direct cause.  Likely was a culmination of environmental and possibly genetic influences that were not in his favor..  On a different note I'm curios to know who here smokes the deep orange DMT/alkaloid mix after extraction?  does anyone believe that it's safe to smoke? Really, does anyone smoke that? It seems that all of you disagree that it's unhealthy so I assume you all smoke it and don't purify your dmt..  A general yes or no; do you think that red/orange spice is safe to smoke? 

--------------------

Edited by deepninja (11/29/11 06:25 PM)

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #15441519 - 11/29/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deepninja said:
A general yes or no; do you think that red/orange spice is safe to smoke? 

yes, its probably a lot healthier than a single dose of mcdonalds or whatever shitty type of food you prefer

Why are you even arguing in an 8 year old thread about things you probably have no clue about, and have been on the forum for under a month?

and then when people explain why you're wrong you back yourself up with semantics :lolsy:

stop posting in this thread, seriously...

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#15441659 - 11/29/11 07:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deepninja said:
Quote:

but you have to consider more than just toxicity and combustion when you talk about inhaling anything into your lungs

Ok and what else exactly would you have to consider besides toxity, combustion, PH, and temperature?  I'd like to know your answer?

i already made a suggestion of particulate matter. i have a really hard time believing that with any handheld vaporizer you're going to get nothing but 100% pure DMT. even then i can't imagine putting anything other than oxygen into your lungs doesn't have some kind of drawback to it. im not going to lie my lungs were a little achey feeling after smoking DMT a few days in a row. my point wasn't that your logic was wrong, but that you can't really go around claiming things like that without a real test.

Offlinedeepninja
Male User Gallery

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Adolin]
    #15442569 - 11/29/11 10:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gresh said:
Quote:

deepninja said:
A general yes or no; do you think that red/orange spice is safe to smoke? 

yes, its probably a lot healthier than a single dose of mcdonalds or whatever shitty type of food you prefer

Why are you even arguing in an 8 year old thread about things you probably have no clue about, and have been on the forum for under a month?

and then when people explain why you're wrong you back yourself up with semantics

stop posting in this thread, seriously...

probably healthier than a single dose of mcdonalds? Do you know why mcdonalds is unhealthy? ...

I'm trying to make the point that most people on these forums don't think it's a good idea to smoke anything but pure DMT and you come along and argue it with no "facts" of your own. Take your negativity elsewhere, I'm trying to get people to smoke nothing but pure clean DMT and then you come trying to slam that effort.  If you decide to make another comment, at least make a positive contribution to someone's well being like I'm trying to do.  If not then just go beat your dog more.

--------------------

Edited by deepninja (11/29/11 10:42 PM)

Offlinedeepninja
Male User Gallery

#15442583 - 11/29/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i have a really hard time believing that with any handheld vaporizer you're going to get nothing but 100% pure DMT

Yes yes but it's still very close to pure DMT as I'm sure you're smoking nice white crystals. Do you smoke the orange/red jungle spice? let's hope not
And as far as particle matter, are you referring to small un-vaporized dmt crystals??  those minute DMT particles dissolve in your lungs immediately

--------------------

Edited by deepninja (11/29/11 10:56 PM)

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #15449710 - 12/01/11 01:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure I remember reading any medical studies about the safety of inhaling DMT vapor recently...

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Around In Circles]
    #15455414 - 12/02/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BrainFood said:
Alex then brought up Bill Hicks and his similar fate; we both agreed at my suggestion that they simply flew too close to the Sun.

I brought the subject up with God a while back. He claimed that Terence McKenna was murdered by a self-transforming machine elf from another dimension, but he didn't have any proof yet.

OfflineSmeeeeg
Entheogenic Philosopher
Male

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Rhizoid]
    #16371524 - 06/12/12 03:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry to be crusting up this old grave,

But he spoke on his cellphone frequently. This was in the 90's when cell phones were really ghetto and didn't have much sympathy for safety standards. He also had a big-ass satellite dish over top of his house. WE know nowadays that this kind of non ionizing radiation can cause cancer of the brain and nervous system.

--------------------
Each religion has got their own way of making you feel like a victim. The Christians say "you are a sinner", and you better just zip up your trousers and give the money to the pope and we'll give you a room up in the hotel in the sky

-Timothy Leary-

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Smeeeeg]
    #16381286 - 06/14/12 02:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Smeeeeg said:
Sorry to be crusting up this old grave,

But he spoke on his cellphone frequently. This was in the 90's when cell phones were really ghetto and didn't have much sympathy for safety standards. He also had a big-ass satellite dish over top of his house. WE know nowadays that this kind of non ionizing radiation can cause cancer of the brain and nervous system.

Lorenzo's theory (or maybe he borrowed it...)

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Offlinepinterest
Stranger
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Noviseer]
    #16396196 - 06/17/12 06:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Look, it seems that if his tragic passing was caused by drug use, then we could link that cause and effect. Cigarettes are directly attributed to about ~440,000 (1) deaths per year in the USA. Properly prescribed prescription pills cause ~40,000-100,000 deaths per year, with other serious outcomes (2)(3). Cannabis has never been linked to a death, Psilocybin's track record is almost spotless, it's difficult to find any real direct deaths, after ruling out the deaths caused by eating the wrong shrooms. Maybe we can't link these deaths because we are so scared of drugs we don't study them as much as we could in the USA, but some of the other countries have more lenient views and do research with these compounds and are still unable to attribute deaths to these sorts of drugs.
  Once we actually find links to death from these substances, then I might believe these caused his brain tumor. Maybe it was his environment (contaminated water, insecticides on food, continued exposure to airborne signals/dirty air/pollution...etc). Terrance Mckenna died from glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive brain cancer, which, by the way, doctors have no solid cause for, although speculation leads away from drugs towards alcohol or construction material, maybe even a mosquito (4). We can detect all of these illegal drugs in the body, so if they do cause these sorts of mutations, how is it that we can not establish this link yet. It is a complicated process and it appears any assertion is speculation at this point.
    Maybe he took another drug that no one knew about. Has anyone found his actually autopsy report? I can't find it. Hypothetically, if he was killed by psychedelics, maybe he abused the privilege and took more than the overdose amount, which in most these drugs seems to be well beyond the point of passing out or being unable to ingest anymore, but these chemical reactions can vary person to person. ...Could say more, but, basically, he was unlucky and died like 2.5 million do in the USA per year. After you research and perceive our society for many years, it becomes clear how toxic it can really be. If we consider that drugs could have caused this brain tumor, we must also consider other possible causes because many others with this same ailment have not smoked cannabis or engaged in regular drug use like Mr. Mckenna. 

(1) http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/
(2) https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.enlightenamerica.com/files/Over-Prescribed.pdf
(3)http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/30
(4) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glioblastoma_multiforme#Causes

Offlinemonkeybus
Hare Krishna
 User Gallery

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: pinterest]
    #16396268 - 06/17/12 06:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Based solely on what came out of his mouth it's highly likely he bored himself to death.

Offlinemckennawatts
ShamanisticVoyager
Male User Gallery
Loc: \
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: The Centre]
    #17475489 - 12/31/12 08:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You are incorrect. The cancer started in his big toe and his refusal to do anything about it resulted in the cancer spreading to all of his major organs including his brain.

I love his music, but honestly, he could of had PART of his toe removed and he would most likely still be alive. Also, Bob Marley was married but kept many wives and had many 'babys mommas'.

Again, Love the music, but the guy , much like Jim Morrison, was not that special or different from every other dude in history.

--------------------
"The truth is stranger than you suppose, its actually stranger than you can suppose. " - Terence McKenna

Offlinemckennawatts
ShamanisticVoyager
Male User Gallery
Loc: \
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: mckennawatts]
    #17475501 - 12/31/12 08:13 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Also, People die every day from cancer. The fact that Leary and McKenna took drugs did not change the fact that they are human and died from a disease that has claimed many. If you are scared that your personal drug use might be affecting your health, take a break : ) . Ram Dass , one of Timothy Learys best friends and 'partners in crime' is a good model of psychedelic use and longevity. Google him.

--------------------
"The truth is stranger than you suppose, its actually stranger than you can suppose. " - Terence McKenna

Offlinemonkeybus
Hare Krishna
 User Gallery

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: mckennawatts]
    #17477953 - 12/31/12 05:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

He had a stroke.  He's paralyzed now.  Though, to be fair, he was a fat bastard for most of his life.  It was most likely the cholesterol that did for him.

OfflineEddeee
Observer/messenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: under the pacific ocean o...
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: monkeybus]
    #17477988 - 12/31/12 05:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Terrance Mckeena
Timothy Leary
Carlos Castaneda

All these guys died of brain tumors hmmmm wonder if there is a connection

--------------------
Don't read books study life then write books
we are nothing but atoms trying to figure out what atoms are.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate