Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: caolite]
    #2021086 - 10/18/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yep prohibition probally was in the 30's. (not very good with dates when stoned) But my point is that alcohol I think is more dangerous than Pot. Other harder shit is another story. I dont drink not so much because I concerned about the health issues but rather that its just not really my drug. And can put a dent in the wallet of a college kid. I only drink now when friends are buyin or at a kegger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: orizon]
    #2021206 - 10/18/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would eventually like to try it all, but i think its all a matter of time and preperation and learning. You don't run before you can walk.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2021537 - 10/18/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well said *claps* :laugh:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2022196 - 10/19/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"So instead of shooting up some heroin I should try to extract some opiates from a plant since it is "natural" and inject it because it has not been refined."

Just by extracting the opiates, you have refined the plant. You have changed the plant into a purified chemical. It is no longer as Nature made it, it is now a man made product. That is where the mistake is made. There is a natural balance of chemicals in the plants. When man takes out a single chemical of a plant for his recreational use then he is not using the drug as nature intended.

Any plant used in excess can be bad, but all man made drugs are much more harmfull.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: niteowl]
    #2022443 - 10/19/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

>>"I should let you get back to your knees, I'm sure Ashcroft's dick is getting cold. "

LMFAO!!!!!

>>"Its funny how people think that just because alcohol is the only legal drug left in America...that its the only one that's OK to take. "

So true.

If you want to say "I should have the the right to legally posess and ingest mushrooms and marijuana", then you cant say "You shouldnt have the right to posess or injest cocaine and heroin".
I agree that there are drugs that are much more destructive and/or dangerous than others but the point is that I should have the legal right to eat/smoke/shoot anything I choose, because it is my body.

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: MisterKite]
    #2022487 - 10/19/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"hard" drugs(meth, coke, and heroin in particular) are so taboo because they've destroyed so many people's lives. People have stolen from their family, lost all their friends, been dishoned, lost their job, lost their kids, lost everything for those substances in particular.

That's more to do with them being illegal than the drug itself. There are many thousands of soldiers who were addicted to heroin through being injured during the war and as long as they get a clean fresh supply from the doctor they can live a perfectly normal life. The thing that fucks people up is having to spend 20 hours a day trying to get enough money for the next fix. If it was prescribed they would have a chance to live a normal life.

Like Keith Richards said "I never had a heroin problem, I had a POLICE problem"

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2022648 - 10/19/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There might be actual places heroin addicts can get heroin at in VanBC soon, depending on some votes, but this would be revolutionary. I feel that having safe injection sites that give them the heroin to shoot would eliminate any criminal element to people getting a fix. I know it sounds kind o crazy, but not to me really. No dealer on the street will be able to get rid of very much at all for free when someone can go to a clinic up to 3 times a day to take care of things without worrying how good it is and such.

So we shall see exactly what happens I guess. I have only positive feelings about it though. If this is a success imagine what kind of other ideas it might give them.... there is a breaking wave ahead of us. Even the fact that something like this is up for vote is pretty great.

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
    #2023428 - 10/19/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

For me personally, I plan on trying keep my drug use to pot, mushrooms, occasional beer, and I would consider other things like HBWR seeds etc. But, I just feel that anything that can easily be cut up with random shit, or things you need to inject are just not a very good path to go down. Its not because the actual drug that makes it a bad path, but just the facts that they are often cut, and I just think that using needles can be a bit more dangerous for someone who isn't educated. The black market aspect I guess i'm getting at. I think the reason people believe that drugs like alcohol or cigs are alright/better than other drugs is because they are sold legally, and no way could it be legal to sell things that are bad for you, right?? and though it is true that overdosing isn't as easy as it might be pitched by anti-drug ads or whatever, just the fact that they are overdoseable, and that you have to gauge your dose yourself just leads me to decide against using them. Can't smoke a lethal dose of pot, can't take a lethal dose of shrooms, don't have to stick needles in my arm, don't have to snort anything. Have fun, be responsible.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2023711 - 10/19/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"There are many thousands of soldiers who were addicted to heroin through being injured during the war and as long as they get a clean fresh supply from the doctor they can live a perfectly normal life."

What about if it was legal, and people still had to pay for it? What's the difference then? The only difference would most likely be the heroin being more pure, the addiction factor is the same. As for coke and meth, coke you could probably lead a relatively normal life on until your heart becomes so weak with tears that it fails, if it was legal that is. As for meth, I don't think so. Meth addicts are insane, it's jsut the drugs nature

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2024178 - 10/19/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

First of all, let me just say please do NOT use the word 'natural'. its one of the most stupid words in our language and means nothing. it is banned from most science classes. hemlock is natural, my sandwich is not. it means nothing.

in regards to the 'harder drugs' this is something ive been doing a lot of thinking about lately too. why do i draw the line where i do (so far)? now this might be just rationalizing myself but here goes anyway:

what makes 'hard drugs' hard is that combination of a high addiction level and high intoxication. tobacco, alcohol and marijuana (and caffeine) are more background drugs whereas the intoxication level of normal usage of (strong) opiates, coke and meth are an activity in themselves. shrooms is highly intoxicating, but then its not physically addictive so it doesnt fall under this classification of a hard drug.
i can see an argument being made for alcohol being a hard drug because it is definately addicting and it can be heavily intoxicating. in fact if our country hadnt been so addicted to the drug socially and physically, prohibition would probably have been a success and it might have been illegal today. who knows. however, the reason i would make and exception for alcohol is that its effects can often make way for increased social interaction which i think is something that is declining in our society as tv watching increases, so because of that, i make leeway for it. this is biased perhaps, but its what i believe for the moment anyway.
i admit that i have not been part of heroin/coke/meth culture so any judgements made could definately be incorrect.
this is not any sort of final judgement or declaration, but rather an exploration and any response is appreciated.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Tao]
    #2024193 - 10/19/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

this is a realy sensitive subject with alot of you, but I'm under the idea that you're better off safe than sorry, so just dont touch anything with a high risk for addiction.

I just dont trust anyone to outsmart a chemical.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #2024257 - 10/19/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Okay.

A few points.

Active chemicals in nature are often evolution's solution to predation. Simply put, many of the chemicals we do for fun were 'designed' as a poison to deter predators from eating the plants they came from. There are many situations where you're better off purifying and isolating that compound is safer than just taking in all of the chemicals present. "natural" does not mean "safe." There are plant sources for amphetamines. Doesn't make plant amphetamine any safer than meth lab amphetamine or Adderall (and yes, I know there is a difference between plant amphetamine and street lab methamphetamine, or the dexamphetamine that is part of the amphetamine coctail in Adderall)

I do entheogens, pot, and beer. Ridilin as prescribed for ADHD. I like stimulants that help me function, any more is too much. This is not to say this is the only rational line, or one that would work for you. I drew my line that way based on what i know to be my limits and my own interest. Meth, coke, heroin, they don't interest me. Maybe if I ever become curious, i'll try them. But under my own conditions, safety wise.

Me, personally, I like to be the one to judge risks. I'll always be more happy to smoke my own acetone-extracted salvia 10x, my own grown shrooms, my own extracted DMT, than to trust it to an unknown party. Were I to know the chemist performing the extractions, then I'd be more happy about it.

Saying that any limits are the byproduct of a drug education forced upon us by the DEA is somewhat incorrect. What, because I don't want to try heroin I'm a slave? It simply doesn't interest me. I'm not particularly afraid of the risks, whatever they may be, I'm not in a hurry to try opiates. I like entheogens, and I've hardly exhausted them as a resource.

There's more to say it, but I don't feel like typing any more.

Just my humble opinion.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Hard Drugs: [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #2024292 - 10/19/03 11:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Use my interpretation of amsterdam harm reduction model if you wish. (It may be bullshit, but well, does it make sense?)

Hard drugs are ones that harm (to self, to society) cannot be easily reduced for by legalization. I.e. less suffering is caused if no one can legally have 'em, and there is some crime caused by people trying to have them anyway than if they are legal and freely available.

As shulgin-avatar man was saying, legal heroin might not save all that much hassle. Addiction is still there, people will still need money to buy smack, and all that shit.

Legal pot, however, saves us all kinds of crime. And more people smoking pot doesn't really do a damn thing to hurt society. Hell, a high Kid Orgo won't fight when provoked. A drunk Kid Orgo will probably try (however successfully) to kick your head in. Marijuana makes him less of a danger to society.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Hard Drugs: [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #2024691 - 10/20/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Where do i draw the line?

On a mirror of course.

Or has someone already had that one?

It does seem a little obvious.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2024772 - 10/20/03 06:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> I know that the cocaine plant be itself is very very toxic and kills in the matter of minutes if ever taken pure

Better double check those references, 'cause I am still alive. Thats right folks, I have chewed on coca leaves (Erythroxylum Coca) from which cocaine is processed, and lived. In fact, the natives of Columbia chew the leaves to relieve the symtpoms of altitude sickness. They sell pound bags of the leaves on the streets. A lot of plant matter goes into just a little bit of cocaine.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Seuss]
    #2024863 - 10/20/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, this thread is so chock-full of crap information that I wouldn't even know where to start the debunking. We might as well compile this and the recent "Drug Myths" thread.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

#2024962 - 10/20/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What I have taken:
Alcohol, weed, mushrooms, ephedra, amylnitrites
What I still want to take:
DMT, LSD, MDMA, all other dmt related like mescaline etc.., 2cb and related.
What I'll never ingest:
Speed (although I have snorted it once but it's very sucky and dirty), Coke, Hero?n (duh), most other bad "hard-drugs"..

Hard drugs is a wrong name.. lsd, and mescaline etc.. IMO aren't hard-drugs but soft-drugs.. they just got a bad name.. they aren't even harmful! Nor addictive!
Some hard-drugs deserve the name though..

Edited by JAMsper (10/20/03 09:12 AM)

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: JAMsper]
    #2025184 - 10/20/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh yeah, and about that experiment where they prescribe heroin in canada--they already did that in the early nineties in liverpool, england. it was a success and i haven't a fucking clue why they disbanded instead of everyone else adopting it. actually im lying, i do know why they abandoned it--dumbass politics based on emotion rather than reason.
oh yeah and when the doctors had it, they could get $1000 worth of heroin for $10 so it actually did solve the whole stealing for smack problem. people who were already addicts were able to go through their working and day-to-day life fine by using the prescription once or twice a week after work.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: JAMsper]
    #2025263 - 10/20/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Mescaline is not DMT-related. Mescaline is a phenethylamine and as such is related to the 2c-x family. So you'll never ingest speed...but you have. Coke is speed. You say that you won't do heroin, but I'm sure you'll end up doing some form of opiate...then probably still bash heroin.

You give LSD and mescaline the name of "soft-drug" yet you have never taken them. You have also never taken heroin or cocaine, but dub them both "hard-drugs". I fail to see your logic. Death to the D.A.R.E. bear!

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2026155 - 10/20/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

IMO dimitri you sound like such a fucking idiot. i know that all of you guys have such great faith in the drug culture and that no harm can ever come out of it. wouldnt that be a silly idea> LoL.

there's nothing wrong with doing an opiate, but not heroin. so is vicoden the same as heroin? What a stupid fucking statement man, are you tripping or something? Cocaine and heroin ruin lives thats why their called hard.

Quote:

You have also never taken heroin or cocaine, but dub them both "hard-drugs".

Isn't he entitled to think that?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale