Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: fux234]
    #16931322 -

Nice bro!!! Got my first fall rain last night!! Hope it kick starts things out here!! :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16932426 -

Nice pics! Very educative :smile:

Say, could this be a liberty pin? The pic sucks cause of the flash...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16932446 -

Jefke said:
Say, could this be a liberty pin? The pic sucks cause of the flash...




My guess is no, mainly judging by the somewhat translucent stipe.
Hard to tell what it is though.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Anglerfish]
    #16933382 -

Have to agree with Anglerfish. Hard to tell what is, maybe a Conocybe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: fux234]
    #16933505 -

Damn man "your" grass looks so long compared to most of my spots :eek:
Pretty sweet pics though, lots of nice looking specimens in there :evil2:

:murray: the man!


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Liberty King]
    #16935793 -

@ Flux, Anglerfish and Oboy:

Thanks for your replies! Since I didn't find any other libs on this particular field, it probably isn't a liberty pin I suppose...
This is my first year hunting, and it's realy fun!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16936153 -

@Jefke thanks, hope the pics help you, so you can compare finds :biggrin: -  i also would say its a conocybe pin, definitly no lib, but its close :tongue: so don´t give it up^^

@Libertyking-
I mostly look in fields where the grass is a bit longer, i don´t know but our shorter fields aren´t producing that fine, hope your season drops in this way the next days too :laugh:

@psilosymon-
then i think the season should start in your area soon too,i heard from LK that he allready found his first one :wink: i know canada is very big but that could be a sign


--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany



Edited by fux234 (09/30/12 03:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: fux234]
    #16942709 -

I learned something yesterday:
hunting on a Sunday + clear blue sky = frustrating!

The massive amount of hitchhikers and tourists (the sauerland is a pretty touristic area) made me feel unconfortable while inspecting the pastures. There were people EVERYWHERE!! :mad2:

On top of that the sun just annoyed me. I couldn't see shit and I feel like the sun helped the little ones to hide behide grass bushes.

But don't think I will give up that easy :smile:

The search must go on!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16942778 -

Nice finds! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: kaal-kopje]
    #16942995 -

I was hunting yesterday and found some beautys.(around n53°)





--------------------
We may get better, we won't get well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16944659 -

Jawoll! Thats looking good Crypt ! :awesomenod:

Jefke said:
I learned something yesterday:
hunting on a Sunday + clear blue sky = frustrating!

The massive amount of hitchhikers and tourists (the sauerland is a pretty touristic area) made me feel unconfortable while inspecting the pastures. There were people EVERYWHERE!! :mad2:

On top of that the sun just annoyed me. I couldn't see shit and I feel like the sun helped the little ones to hide behide grass bushes.

But don't think I will give up that easy :smile:

The search must go on!



yeah its always better to get out when there are clouds, and it is dry, in my opinion you can spot them the best then :laugh:


--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany



Edited by fux234 (10/01/12 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: fux234]
    #16944803 -

I'm gonna fight you when I see you bro..lol..I'm so jealous..I'm gonna do a flying elbow into your scrotum..look that up in your English Deutsche dictionary..elbow=scrotum..lol...I'm gonna do a flying elbow into you from the top of the poop house in eldorado..lol..see you soon.:awedance:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: purplemushroom]
    #16944987 -

hey CryptZPF, are those Psilocybe strictipes? They don't look like libs to my untrained eye..?
please forgive my ignorance :smile:

Edited by Jefke (10/01/12 01:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16945096 -

Jefke said:
hey CryptZPF, are those Psilocybe strictipes? They don't look like libs to my untrained eye..?
please forgive my ignorance :smile:



I guess you'd need a microscope to safely separate P. strictipes from P. semilanceata.
The variety of shapes among liberty caps is quite astonishing, and some specimens
will lack one or more of the typical features.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Anglerfish]
    #16945373 -

Anglerfish said:
I guess you'd need a microscope to safely separate P. strictipes from P. semilanceata.
The variety of shapes among liberty caps is quite astonishing, and some specimens
will lack one or more of the typical features.



Thanks Anglerfish!

I've got another question (and please tell me if I should post this elsewhere):

There is a beautiful narrow valley where I live, and to me it looks perfect for finding liberty caps.
The only possible downside is that it is a limestone area.
Does someone know if this could scare away the libs(due to the lime raising ph)?
Mind that there are cows and horses grazing here, so lots of natural fertilization.
Here are some pics:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16949903 -

purplemushroom said:
I'm gonna fight you when I see you bro..lol..I'm so jealous..I'm gonna do a flying elbow into your scrotum..look that up in your English Deutsche dictionary..elbow=scrotum..lol...I'm gonna do a flying elbow into you from the top of the poop house in eldorado..lol..see you soon.:awedance:



:lmafo: I wanna see that, just a few days, than the hunting session will begin,so don´t be jealous :grin:



Jefke said:
Anglerfish said:
I guess you'd need a microscope to safely separate P. strictipes from P. semilanceata.
The variety of shapes among liberty caps is quite astonishing, and some specimens
will lack one or more of the typical features.



Thanks Anglerfish!

I've got another question (and please tell me if I should post this elsewhere):

There is a beautiful narrow valley where I live, and to me it looks perfect for finding liberty caps.
The only possible downside is that it is a limestone area.
Does someone know if this could scare away the libs(due to the lime raising ph)?
Mind that there are cows and horses grazing here, so lots of natural fertilization.
Here are some pics:








I would say the area looks good, but you got the point with the limestone, p. semilanceata avoids areas with limestone, you can try your luck but you should be miore succesfull in another area.


--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: fux234]
    #16950297 -

Success! The season has a lift off around here...

Yesterday I spotted an interesting pasture, very narrow next to a forest:



First thing I did this morning was try my luck, and yes indeed, lucky I was:





My first Liberty Cap ever! It's a special feeling isn't it? :smile:

There were a lot of small caps and pins, I realy had to watch not to crush them with my feet. On top of that, I only searched about 20% of the entire pasture. So my guess is that I will find at least 3 times as many on this particular field.

Some more pics:









I'll hope to find many more, and will post pics of my findings.

Good luck to all my fellow psychonauts!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Jefke]
    #16950555 -

:congrats:  Very Nice finds and congrats!

The "HUNT" is so addictive for me I love it! Every time I make a find it's like the rush I got the 1st time I found them!

Be safe & have fun... I'm sure we will be looking forward to many more posts from you! Good luck hunting! :hatsoff:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: Liberty King]
    #16950901 -

Nice finding, congratulations!

I hunted today with 2 good friends and we found just around 50 fruitbodys but they are such beautys, love em=)

I printed the 8 bestlooking caps, so if anyone is interested in liberty prints from lower saxony just hit me.

Good luck all hunters, this is going to be a good season=)


--------------------
We may get better, we won't get well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German Liberty Cap Season 2012 [Re: CryptZPF]
    #16951068 -

Yeah mateee! :dancer:
congratulations for your finds :congrats:
that should be a good trip or two :wink:

its just like Libertyking say´s its a rush when you find them, compararable to a gold rush i would say :laugh:


--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,282 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Liberty Cap question
( 1 2 all )
megaman3 16,948 38 08/16/03 09:53 AM
by pluteus
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,018 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,989 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna
* Liberty Caps In England, (yes, i kno its not th season yet!) mcbob 12,379 13 02/18/04 04:52 AM
by gwum
* Liberty Caps : The offical "Fall 2004 Season" post
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gumby 65,257 299 11/23/18 07:26 PM
by Bigmac84
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,873 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Liberty caps in northern cali roofus 14,754 11 09/23/11 05:11 PM
by auweia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
9,888 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 30 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.