Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anyone growing pereskia currently?
    #16833992 -

I ordered some Pereskia aculeata seeds months ago but the company was out of stock at the time, and today they finally arrived. I've read that they can be a very fast grafting stock for wedge or impale style techniques. Has anyone else here tried growing Pereskia species?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone growing pereskia currently? [Re: psi]
    #16834497 -

I recently received two Pereskia aculeata cuttings, they are now rooted and have started to push out leaves.
I wondered if it could be used for grafting, but I couldn't find anything conclusive. Most results were posts on forums where people wondered the same thing, but no one succeeded grafting to it.
Do you have any links to those grafting techniques?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone growing pereskia currently? [Re: Tangich]
    #16834695 -

This is where I was reading about it originally:
http://forum.auscactiforum.net/t1225-using-pereskia-species-as-grafting-stock

No pics there but the guy who's talking about it (Hanazono) seems to know his stuff based on his other threads there. It appears he's also a member at cactiguide. I don't have any good links with pictures on how to do wedge or impale grafts, but they should be pretty easy to find (I think I've seen some threads here.) Wedge is pretty simple, you make two angled cuts to the stock to make it pointed, then you make a matching notch in the bottom of the scion (which typically would be bigger in diameter than the stock.) It takes some practice to make the cuts match well so that the scion stays on and makes good contact. I haven't done that in  while but it's good for taking a small chunk of trichocereus and turning it into a bigger cutting.

There's a related technique where the matched surfaces are conical but I haven't tried it, I think this is what's known as an impale graft. A while back a friend gave me a conical drill bit that's supposed to be for grafting trees, which has a taper that matches that of a standard pencil sharpener. His parents had bought it but they never ended up using it. i have not tried to make a graft with it yet but I thought it might work well with pereskia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone growing pereskia currently? [Re: psi]
    #16834767 -

That's great, thank you!
I guess I might have Pereskia aculeata v godseffiana, I won't know for sure until it grows a bit more, and he says it's no good for grafting.
If it's not godseffiana, I will certainly try grafting to it next year!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone growing pereskia currently? [Re: Tangich]
    #16836909 -

impale style techniques?


--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Peyote grafted on Pereskiopsis update.
( 1 2 3 all )
Una 21,910 50 05/13/05 06:57 PM
by Fluxburn
* GROWING peyote ehud 3,596 16 12/18/02 01:08 PM
by moorhsum
* Pereskia ID please gr33ntea 1,042 4 01/12/14 05:31 PM
by KBG1977
* Pereskia, Pereskiopsis, and Quiabentia. Leafy Cacti Galore Methadone 8,305 18 10/19/09 02:10 PM
by Methadone
* Pereskia or pereskiopsis..?
( 1 2 all )
stonErollEr1 6,787 22 11/20/03 11:24 AM
by neuro
* On My Roof Terrace
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Spanishfly 11,127 162 09/24/17 06:38 AM
by ferrel_human
* The Pereskia and Pereskiopsis mega-thread. All things leaf-cactus.
( 1 2 3 all )
kizatzhaddarak 5,904 49 09/25/20 08:08 PM
by DancingWolf
* Cacti Grafting
( 1 2 3 4 all )
EvilGir 16,406 60 09/27/03 02:05 PM
by Openminded

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
679 topic views. 1 members, 7 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.