Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Suffering- Good? [Re: lucid]
    #1613760 -

When you are suffering you are going through either an internal or an external conflict. as you know most people are terribly afraid of conflict because this casues stress anxiety and other basically not fun emotions. Conflict casues you to look inside yourself and reveal things that maybe you have trouble admitting or seeing in your reflection. causing you to deal with problems and think them out in ways that under normal circumstances you just flat out wouldnt admit or just repress. if you deal with enough personal conflict and dont end up in the loony bin and work through these problems then happiness is your reward and it has not been sought out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suffering- Good? [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1613770 -

if you didn't suffer you would be a perfect being and you would have perfect wisdom.

with perfect wisdom you could learn and understand anything because you wouldn't be constricted by doubt, fear, etc, as they are all products which cause suffering.


--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suffering- Good? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1613984 -

Sclorch,

I think its closely related to the yin-yang balance.. its like the further down you go, the further up you CAN go or something, in terms of one's self-percieved situation.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suffering- Good? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1614216 -

I suffer from a disease, I don't particularly think Im enlightened having suffered for over a year with it....


I will admit that when you are suffering - you see things more in perspective. SUffering is a radical change of perspective and more than likely even on consciousness. I notice I analyze and I'm MUCH more consious on days where I suffer the most.


buddha once said something like "On one side, you have man who is very intelligent, but has no compassion and fails to guide or help others; on the other hand you have a joyful fool. The key is a path in the middle"

not exact quotes, but similiar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suffering- Good? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1614438 -

Quote:
I think maybe some people try to rationalize to find a positive in an otherwise negative experience.
So adversity does (or can?) NOT coax the mind into a wiser state, so to speak?




I did not mean to imply that. Adversity can often lead to personal growth or learning, even something as simple as, "I've learned never to stick my arm in a spinning airplane propeller again." However, there are times when there is nothing to be gained from a negative experience and the best one can do is to soothe oneself by saying something like, "It builds character" or "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" or "It balances out my karma." These thoughts could be considered rationalizations, ones that serve a useful purpose as coping mechanisms but I would not consider them by themselves as positive outcomes.


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the root of suffering is desire
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Moonshoe 13,422 117 12/20/05 04:15 PM
by redgreenvines
* Suffering & the End of Suffering SkorpivoMusterion 794 2 11/28/04 06:09 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Conflicting and confused beliefs
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 2,531 23 02/29/04 09:32 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Suffering Sinbad 1,093 13 07/30/05 03:11 PM
by The_Hobbit
* Internal Conflict and the search for peace...
( 1 2 all )
lucid 3,359 27 12/15/03 02:22 PM
by Sclorch
* On War and the History of Conflict Ped 774 7 06/28/08 09:57 AM
by Icelander
* happiness the enemy of wisdom? Moonshoe 1,519 10 01/13/05 05:04 PM
by skystone
* If Jesus suffered for our sins...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Phluck 7,052 107 12/06/02 09:35 PM
by 1stimer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,447 topic views. 1 members, 76 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.