Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSKSguy
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Strangest thing Ive ever had happen
    #1517378 - 05/03/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to post this only because it was so damn weird and everyone in here seems to be talking about odd things. The other night I was sitting here clacking keys as usual, when I heard a bark outside. One short Bark. It sounded unusal like it came from a dog that was maybe inside a long culvert or something. I didnt think much of it. However there are exactly zero culverts near my house, except the well culvert. I assumed a dog may have fallen in my well. Well I decided to investigate, but being a little unnerved because the bark was so odd sounding, I let my old pitdog out to take a look first. he was acting very weird, which i attributed to the fact he would have heard this weird barking. Anyway I opened the back door and let the dog go. He ran around in his usual 'Who's there" way looking up and down. I was watching out of the doorway. Thats when it happened. The bark came again. Except this time it was like someone was standing 2 feet in front of my face. Whats weirder is that the bark sound was very metallic and literally moved my hair it was so loud. My dog freaked, and came running inside. I stood there for maybe 30 seconds with a big flash light scanning around... then again.. "Bark!" Right in my face. Metallicy sounding almost like it was synthesised. Made my hair stand straight up. im looking all around and see absolutly nothing. Yet the bark is loud as hell and my dog is cowering behind me, which is extremely out of character for him. The sound of that bark has been haunting me for the past week. It was a sound which has never before fallen on my ears and did not sound to me like anything of this earth. I saw absolutely nothing. It spooked me enough I quickly closed the door. My dog would not go outside which is very unusual. Hes very aggressive and chases bears outta here regularly. I have no idea what barked at me, however I hope I never hear it again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: SKSguy]
    #1517483 - 05/03/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

did it sound like a mechanical dog? That's so weird man. Maybe it was some power line transformer or something... or a banshee

Dunno what a weird story

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineSKSguy
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1517987 - 05/03/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Very mechanical sounding. As if someone held a culvert up in front of your face and played a synthesized bark thru it. Very mechanical almost robotic sound. I dont generally feel that there is much strange stuff in the world but the sound of it haunts me, I wish I could erase it from my memory. I dont spook easily, however this sound sent by blood running cold. I have no explaination what so ever. It felt as tho whatever it was was trying to communicate with me or greet me or something. if it was friendly I sure didnt care at the time. I always thought that if I actually saw an alien or something super natural that I would be cool about it. I didnt even see whatever this was, and I was very much in a rush to distance myself from it. Being a very inquisitive person this is outside of my nature to be repelled by it. I dont believe in ghosts as such, or other supernatural things. most things can be explained by science and investigation. i only shared this story because I truely believe something was there that was outside of our normal world content....creepy.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1518005 - 05/03/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

creepy indeed :smile:

dar be mysteries in dem woods!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: Strumpling]
    #1518099 - 05/03/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That is fucking creepy. Maybe it was a werewolf or some kind of alien with cloaking technology about to present himself to the world only your stupid response was enough to make him change his mind.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #1518211 - 05/03/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

About 2 years ago, after ingesting half a hit of potent acid, a friend and I had a similar occurence.  We were at the tail end of the trip, about +9h at 3 or 4 AM.  We were camped out in a tent on my parent's land in the appalachian foothills.  We both heard a  sharp growl, almost a scream directly behind the tent.  The bark could best be described as a scream of horror combined with a fabric ripping or static noise.

We were scared that it was a mountain lion so we remained still and listened for it moving.  No movement of any kind but tree leaves rustling in the wind, but seconds later the scream happened again, it was almost deafening in sharpness.  We agreed to go out together and find out what was going on.  Nothing was back there, and we stood in the exact spot it seemed to have come from.  The bark could best be described as a scream of horror combined with a fabric or static ripping noise.  We were scared shitless and thrown right back into a trip, so we stayed up to enjoy the sunrise :smile:

I have no idea what caused this noise, but I don't think it was a mutual hallucination between myself and my friend.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1518502 - 05/03/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like the bark of genetic enhancement.. evolutionary style..better meditate on it and seek within for the answers.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: Shroomism]
    #1518578 - 05/03/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

probably just the wind...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: Dogomush]
    #1518585 - 05/03/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The wind is the element of change

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: Dogomush]
    #1518586 - 05/03/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yah, genetic wind...

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineSKSguy
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Strangest thing Ive ever had happen [Re: bert]
    #1519104 - 05/04/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If it was wind, it was from the biggest barking spider on earth, which was also invisible. And if it was a wind of change... well that would make sense, If I ever hear it again Ill probably need to change my shorts. Either way I dont read much into it. It was weird, nothing more. Maybe it was Chupacabra or even Chewbaca.....I dont know, and probably dont want to.

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1519115 - 05/04/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

THE ALIENS THE GREYS!! ITS THEM!

Dude, why didnt you walk your frightened ass outside and investigated everything foot by foot?

--------------------

Edited by cleaner (05/04/03 09:14 AM)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1519646 - 05/04/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dude, I read your post last nite at 2am....I was scared  :crazy: Every little noise in my room would perk my ears up but I soon realized I was acting like a 2 year old and I slept like a baby.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order