Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Re: modern science and ancient mysticism are both wrong [Re: Poid]
    #13304810 -

Blah blah blah... more living, less dicking around..


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: modern science and ancient mysticism are both wrong [Re: Poid]
    #13304840 -

and I'm asking how you can know anything but your subjective experience of mass. You say logic, but logic is a subjective experience as well, so I don't see how that gets us out of this bind.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: modern science and ancient mysticism are both wrong [Re: Kickle]
    #13309396 -

Kickle said:
and I'm asking how you can know anything but your subjective experience of mass.


I think elephants have an intrinsic mass that exists before I measure it and understand it; my subjective experience of its mass has to come from somewhere.


Kickle said:
You say logic, but logic is a subjective experience as well, so I don't see how that gets us out of this bind.


I don't see the relevance of logic being a subjective experience; the fact is that logic denotes that elephants have mass, and the act of measuring it doesn't decrease or increase the value of its mass.

That's all I'm saying, that the act of measuring an elephant's mass does not decrease/increase the value of its mass.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: modern science and ancient mysticism are both wrong [Re: Poid]
    #13309948 -

And my own logic says I cannot possibly know that an elephant has mass outside my subjective experience of mass. I may be wrong, but id rather go with "I don't know this" than claim I know it to be true falsely.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: modern science and ancient mysticism are both wrong [Re: Kickle]
    #13312246 -

in absolute terms no one knows a goddamn thing.. all is speculation dependent upon a number of factors occurring at anyone one moment.. and that is why these discussions are for the most part..pointless..
now everyone lets get out and enjoy the day.. hope everyone's day is :sunny:


--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mysticism - The Ultimate Science Source 1,628 18 04/10/04 01:44 AM
by Swami
* chaos mage talking about science imstoned420 2,534 15 02/01/02 05:30 AM
by mm.
* Science isn't philosiphy?!?!?!
( 1 2 all )
gluke bastid 3,247 36 10/11/02 10:32 AM
by Anonymous
* Why science is stupid
( 1 2 all )
Mixomatosis 2,328 36 11/13/03 07:45 PM
by Strumpling
* Einstein A Father of Science Believed in GOD...
( 1 2 3 all )
BleedingSickness 6,365 42 10/07/02 04:00 PM
by Zahid
* Psychedelics and mysticism Kid 2,971 16 06/30/01 07:45 PM
by davidgergen
* Ignorance and Mysticism
( 1 2 all )
Swami 2,329 22 04/08/04 01:43 PM
by CleverName
* Is Science a form of Mythology?
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 4,782 52 01/23/03 03:21 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,829 topic views. 1 members, 85 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.