Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
What is the mushroom experience?
    #1290267 - 02/08/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was listening to a Terence McKenna mp3 the other day, and he mentioned that the mushroom is some kind of entity. When we take psilocybin mushrooms, it gives us what we want. Things like being happy, new interesting perceptions of the world, creativity, etc. but he also mentioned there is another side to it. He said that while you are tripping, if you ask the mushroom entity what it really is in relation to itself, not what it is to us, then things will start to get all weird.  :shocked:  He said that if feels like all of a sudden a cold wind blows, the curtains start to flutter, and after about 30 seconds of this, you wanna go back to what it was before you asked it to show you its identity.  He said that in order to "recruit" us, it gives us the above mentioned pleasures and insights, and when we are ready, it wants to show us what it really is and its relation to us.

So my question is this: Have you ever asked to mushroom to show you its true identiy? Asked what its purpose is? What did you experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1290359 - 02/08/03 05:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
    #1290367 - 02/08/03 05:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.internalprimates.com/downloads/wallpaper/minimal.jpg

ok, before you yell HEY OFFTOPIC BASTARD! look at it. its from a mudvayne site, but read the text. it goes from top to bottom, and its from the point of view of a mushroom. it really has nothing to do with the band itself, other than that they believe in the mushroom as an entity. just thought you might find that interesting.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1290705 - 02/08/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hey Enter, I kinda think you missed my question, or I didn't ask it clear enough. Your interpretation sounds like a good way to describe the mushroom experience in the point of view of Man, but what I'm trying to get at is if you have ever questioned this entity while tripping. I mean this literally, as in you speaking out load or in your mind, and asking it "What are you? Can you show me what you really are, not what you are trying to be to us, but what you are in your true self."

This is the concept that Terrence McKenna was trying to get at. If you are a firefighter, and you rescue a person, to that person you are just a firefighter, but thats only one facet of who you are, only one aspect of your existence. So as an analogy, we are the person being rescued, and psilocybin is the firefighter. McKenna as well as others claim that if you ask the mushroom entity these questions while tripping, strange things (in relevance to a regular mushroom trip) may start to happen, as a result one can get easily overwhelmed and frightened. McKenna's goal everytime he trips is to further probe into the heart of what this entity is before he has to make it stop, or before the entity says he has seen enough.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: minusrestraint]
    #1290750 - 02/08/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Although I am a fan of Mudvayne's first album, I don't understand the meaning of those numbers in that link. I know those guys have tried virtually every hallucinogenic drug out there and are deeply influenced by psychadelics. (they even have Terence McKenna interview clips all over their album L.D. 50)

check out these lyrics to one song called Pharmaecopia. You gotta download this song, its amazing how the names of the drugs jump so nicely of his tongue!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Does your god come in a capsule
To sedate you, tear the walls down,
Headless prison cannibals chew
to consume you bring the alien

Halcium and morphine,
5-methoxy-n, n-dimethyltryptamine,
Psilocybin, mescaline, aspirin, histomine,
Brushite, darvaset, valium, caffeine, cannabis, and LSD,
Ayahuasca, harmine give it all to me, I want it

These are just a few of my favorite things

Trisolam and zanex, serotonin, mdma, ibogaine, dopeamine,
Tetra-hydro-chloride, atenolol,
Amanita muscaria,
Boric oxide, arrabinitol, psilocin, and flamizine,
Cylotec and harmaline
Give it all to me, I want it

Kill the alien, kill your alien
You can't kill me,
I'm already dead
Inside my hole,
Inside my head,
We just beg for any way to be sedated,
It's all about escaping,
Numb to me,
Numb body from this hell!

I can feel them pushing, I can feel them pulling
I can feel them holding, I can feel them moving,
I can feel them prying, I can feel them prodding,
I can feel them breathing, I can feel them digging
I can feel them stabbing, I can feel them scoping,
I can feel them living, I can feel it,
Consume, take in, plunging, plumbing,
Instruments prying, aliens inside me,
Tooling the machine,
Intoxicating,
Feel it unfolding, riddles in me!
-----------------------------------------------------

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1291144 - 02/08/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That is a really interesting question! I am going to have to try that on my next trip.

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1291165 - 02/08/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that quote from Mudvayne is actually an excerpt from Terence McKenna's work. it is the mushroom entity speaking to McKenna in one of this trips.

peace and love,
tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1291388 - 02/08/03 03:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You've never tried this? hehe its fascinating

"what is this?" lol thats a constant question in my mind on a trip :smile:

I've never specifically said "what are YOU" though because I don't really feel an entity while on shrooms - it feels more like parts of my mind that I'm not normally aware of coome out to play

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: What is the mushroom experience? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1291562 - 02/08/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've never specifically said "what are YOU" though because I don't really feel an entity while on shrooms - it feels more like parts of my mind that I'm not normally aware of coome out to play

What is your average dosage?
McKenna frequently mentions that you need to take a heroic dose of 5 dried grams to really experience this. This is the sufficient dosage where you are just totally flung through or out of your consciosness and wierd stuff happens.

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

#1292267 - 02/08/03 10:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think that mushrooms are the potentiator for your conciousness to flow out of yourself and back into all of existence/the universe where it is originally from.
Think of the universe like a glob of goo, similar to an amoeba or other such thing.  The universe gets bored one day, and decides to squeeze a little part of itself off (like a cell dividing, or making a balloon animal, the part is still connected to the whole, is part of the whole, is the same material as the whole.).  It then goes about drawing a smiley face on it, giving it a hat, and naming it Self.  It then puts it's conciousness in Self, and proceeds to explore the rest if it's self (not Self, but self) which is the universe.
I believe that we are all little bubbled of pieces of the universe stuck under the illusion of being this Self.  But as someone said before, we signed the contract of "forgetting we are just pretending" when we decided to become this Self.

This is the best I have concluded from my experience dealing with the "mushroom spirit" as it felt fit to name him.  He appeared to me as a hypergalactic slug wearing a santa claws(sp?) hat.  Initially starting out small, say the size of a mushroom, and ever growing larger (until he consumed everything!).  He was playing a game with me that was sort of like hide and seek, only when I would forget what I was doing and stop looking for him and move my attention to something else, as SOON as I would least expect it, he would LEAP out of whatever I was looking at and give me this feeling if "HURRAY!!!!"  At some point after he had started playing with me (I think he is a he because of the hat... =/), he hid in a VERY obvious spot and so I decided to stop playing with him and ignore him since it was the equivalent of playing hide and go seek and hiding behind a piece of string, silly.  He was however not hiding behind string, but inside my bong.
Great story behind how my friend told me to burn his tail and chase him out of there, which is why I now call smoking pot 'chasing tail'.
The more I tried to ignore him, the bigger he would grow.  Super intense to be sure, but I REFUSED to play with him.  Then when he was roughly the size of this galaxy I noticed a pattern of spots on his back.  I watched these as he continued to grow, and to my amazement, I realized that they were more HIMS!!!  (In the way I relate the blob of goo squeezing parts of itself off!)

I thought about this with the help of my ICQ trip sitting friend =)
The mushrooms just alter your conciousness.  Everything you experience is coming from your own mind.  So I thought about the fact that this 'mushroom spirit' could have just been created in my mind.  Why is there one mind seeming to be two I wondered?  A revelation was that chasing his tail, ie: playing his game with him, was playing with myself if he was part of my mind.  Thus I was chasing my own tail!

The nature of the universe with respect to Fractal Loops was the lesson the mushrooms taught me that trip. :laugh: 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1292287 - 02/08/03 10:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I see the psilocybe mushroom as a catalyst to higher degrees of human consciousness. Opening doorways of new perception.. linking us to the higher mind.. the collective thought. When part of it's purpose is to show us that we create our own reality by giving us what we want when we request it, but in return it wants us to allow it to purify us, to let it take control and help show the way to our inner self. Among many other things.. this is just my quick thought at the moment.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (02/08/03 10:59 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1292713 - 02/09/03 06:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've taken 6 grams several times, 5 grams several times, but my "normal" dose has slid down to 4 grams now..... I never really experienced the trip as an encounter with one certain entity.. at times I've felt that I was surrounded by many entities, all working together to put on this fantastic production that is the psychedelic experience, but no ONE entity behind the curtain controlling it all..

But hey, maybe its not my time, or something, hmm?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order