Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Experiencing Death
    #1175977 - 12/28/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Several months ago I consumed far too many Magic Mushrooms at a music festival, and was sent on a whirlwind of a trip I wasn't ready for, and am still piecing together, trying to gather significance from it.. and the more I think about it, the more I keep coming back to part of the trip where I died.

I don't remember the parts of the trip leading to it, or after. But there is a moment of the trip where I remember waking up, frozen solid cold to my core in the mud, on the ground. Totally aware, and Paralyzed. I could not close my eyes, I could not breath, I couldn't cause my body to perform any action whatsoever, no matter how hard I tried. Imagine laying there, realizing.. not -thinking-, but truly knowing that you are going to be there forever, frozen in time like a record stuck on the last moment of a song. The intense and pure realization of that pain and death, over and over as fresh as the first time it pounded into your head. That this is what death is, this is what happens, after wondering all that time, this is what it is. Frozen Cold Pain. Forever in nothing but your own thoughts.

The reason this part sticks especially with me is because of how clear it rings in my mind, it wasn't as otherworldly as the other parts of the trip.. it was vivid and clear. I was Me, I knew who I was, I knew who the people around me were, I was perfectly conscious. I was just dead.

This has gotten me thinking a lot about death, and what happens when we die... before I had absolutely no fear of death. None. I believed when I died that that was it, Kaput, Blat, Back to the earth from which my cells were made. Now I wonder about time and how death will be. What if my perception of time dissolves totally at the exact moment of my death and my mind is stuck in an instant of infinite pain, forever looping the final infinitesimal moment in my mind... what if my body dies but my mind is left forever with nothing but itself... =(.

Please share your experiences, and ideas on the topic. I'm sure "death" has been done.. to death... in here, I just wanted to also hear about people's experiences with dying on a trip..

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Experiencing Death [Re: Jared]
    #1175999 - 12/28/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

man, you gotta realize, you were tripping. your mind was altered. i don't think what you saw 'is'. think of dreams and how they are interpreted...first off, when getting a vission or an experience such as that, you have to look at hidden messages and behind the scene info you were meant to catch, if it bothers you that much, it could have been your superconscious trying to communicate with you. but its not so direct as you may think. look at every aspect of your life, compare and analize. over and over, perhaps something will click, and you will become enlightened....

rest easy, death is usually a sign for something else. not death itself

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1176033 - 12/28/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You have begun your journey. That is called tripping, and yes, at higher doses it feels like you die. Your ego is being dissolved. Just try not to hurt your brain thinking about it. The answers will come in time. I am slowly starting to piece together experiences from all my trips.

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: ribbit]
    #1176035 - 12/28/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm quite aware that I didn't actually die, and that I didn't actually experience death. What I meant to say in my post was that my experiences on my trip really gave my idea of what death is, a big spin away from what it was before...

What is the superconscious..? I've never heard of it before =\

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1176506 - 12/29/02 03:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I had the same mindblowing experience with salvia extract. There is a sensation of reality without "you" but reality is being now sensed by the self, at first it is really frightning because you can't do nothing about it phisically. Next time you try to reach that state just let it go, the more you think about "yourself", the more painful the experience will be. I found confort in a friend wich came to me and told me "everything is allright", i heard his voice in this "ocean" of voices, some were really dark and were holding me down, so be sure you have a sitter if you're not used to it so you can detach faster from that state. I found the next experiences easier to manage, i think first time it really hurts....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblemr crisper

#1176588 - 12/29/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"what if my body dies but my mind is left forever with nothing but itself... =(."

it may be beneficial to have an imaginary reality prepared for such a situation.
gareth knight has written some good books on how.

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: mr crisper]
    #1176740 - 12/29/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i have experienced the same,

death is mind blowing but, ego death is not death. i think a strong psychedelic moment is only half the death experience. it?s the half way experience of death and once it hit s the half mark it comes back. when you die you never return to the body unlike a ego death where the world seems to piece itself back together, making sense. i think death beats any psychedelic trip by a million but its gets so intense that you ?reset? ... just like when your going through excruciating pain and you pass out. you wake up as a new life and 100% forget the last life, like a dream. I?ve read that a young child doesn?t become aware of what ?I? is till the age of 3 or 4.

you can say life is bitter sweet .... the forever dream that never ends but never stops

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1176750 - 12/29/02 06:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ego death is a bad phrase to describe it. It's more of a transcendence. When I reached that state, it felt like I was floating above the physical dimension, merged with the universe.  :crazy: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Experiencing Death [Re: ribbit]
    #1177090 - 12/29/02 09:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I find that as long as you are conscious, anything and everything you experience is just as real as what anybody else experiences. A schizophrenic is fully conscious and is living in just as real a world as the common man, but since it isn't a widely accepted world people dismiss it as "fake". I see it the same way with a trip. If you are experiencing eternity on a trip, since you are fully conscious, it is all still reality, just looked at with a completely new perspective. A person having a psychedelic crisis is experiencing actual hell fully conscious, so dismissing it as just a fake drug experience is IMO ignorant.

BTW this wasn't directed at anybody, it was more of a general comment

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: HB]
    #1178172 - 12/29/02 06:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I find that as long as you are conscious, anything and everything you experience is just as real as what anybody else experiences. A schizophrenic is fully conscious and is living in just as real a world as the common man, but since it isn't a widely accepted world people dismiss it as "fake". I see it the same way with a trip. If you are experiencing eternity on a trip, since you are fully conscious, it is all still reality, just looked at with a completely new perspective. A person having a psychedelic crisis is experiencing actual hell fully conscious, so dismissing it as just a fake drug experience is IMO ignorant.

BTW this wasn't directed at anybody, it was more of a general comment

The thing with schizophrenics, is they mistake their reality maps as real, they are not enlightened. Enlightened people know that the hallucinations they experience come from within their own head.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1178187 - 12/29/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Death...

...is just the beginning

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1178188 - 12/29/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The thing with schizophrenics, is they mistake their reality maps as real, they are not enlightened. Enlightened people know that the hallucinations they experience come from within their own head.

How do you know?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
Re: Experiencing Death [Re: Shroomism]
    #1178554 - 12/30/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Death...

...is just the beginning

This is a thing many people have beleived, for time out of mind. And still beleive for that matter. I too beleive that death is another and far greater metamorphasis then anything else I have yet to experience. Maybe you can find solace in that belief and build on it from there.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom