Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987836 -

Laziest man in the world - raw foodist.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987860 -

Finally - a valid point!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987902 -

Raw foodists exist because they are incredibly uncreative, unskilled, untalented, and unmotivated.


If you can't cook an egg, then you're pretty much at the bottom of the totem pole of Social Darwinism. :shrug:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987985 -

Just remember that if you eat only food not subjected to temps over 118F you will have perfect hair and skin and muscle tone and will live forever; however, eat something subjected to a a temp of 118F or over, you are doomed to poor health and a miserable, short and lonely life.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987995 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
however, eat something subjected to a a temp of 118F or over, you are doomed to poor health and a miserable, short and lonely life.



Ahhh, just how I like it! :yesnod2:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10988005 -

The inside of a tractor trailer can reach temperatures in excess of 120 degrees. We are doomed as a race, technology has turned on us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10989748 -

Poid said:
Didn't have to. You believe that edible food that is uncooked is unfit for human consumption; thinking this negates any chances you may have had to explain yourself.




My apologies, I hold no such position. Although I do think that for the most part, raw food is "better" than cooked. If I were forced to go 100% either way, I'd go raw. But there is a balance to be had.

The bottom line is everyone's machine runs differently, even amongst those who closest in genetic makeup. It's up to us to find out what does it for us and leave others be. I'm no neo-nazi veggie, raw fooder by any means. In fact, as much as I don't want it to be so, I believe my body needs lean meat and less dairy, which is the opposite of what I desire :shrug:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10989780 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Fastest man in the world - omnivore.

Strongest man in the world - omnivore.

Richest man in the world - omnivore.

Longest lived man in the world - omnivore.


Still trying to see the raw food superiority part... :rolleyes:




How many people are raw foodists? I don't know a single one and I live 10 minutes from Boulder. Not one. Bad example.

There are people who live to be 100 that smoke and drink, should we all do that too? Does that show that tobacco and alcohol possibly extend lives?


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: whattheheck]
    #10990003 -

Why challenge me? I am not the one who called raw food the optimal diet without defining optimal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10990250 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Why challenge me? I am not the one who called raw food the optimal diet without defining optimal.




I was just intrigued by the implied benefits of being an omnivore? :shrug:

BTW, I just had some amazing egg tacos for dinner. The only thing that was raw was the salsa. It tasted great, and I feel great.

:peace:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: whattheheck]
    #10990292 -

I am not a raw vegan. I am a raw foodist. I eat slightly cooked seafood/ Raw seafood(fish, clams, oysterss)

I also eat peanut butter for fun.

I also chew cookies and spit them out after I have gotten enough of their flavour. I treat cookies and sweets like chewing gum.

90% of my diet is raw veggie, nuts and fruits.

40% is fruit, 25 nuts, 25, vegg and 10 animal.

However, I mostly eat animal protein when I start feeling like I need some. This occurs after about a week after I have some animal protein. I usually go every 3 days with a bit of it, namely fish.

The evidence is compelling me to go on and my personal experience seals the deal.

:rockon:


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #10990363 -

It's all about what you feel. Sadly, most people never experiment with their diets, looking for what is optimal for them.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (09/03/09 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: whattheheck]
    #10992390 -

yeah it is quite sad. I can imagine that when they become ill from malnutrition, the will not feel happy and joyous about the reality their children will have to face. Hospital visits for termanilly ill parents are stressful and the anxiety that follows them after is decrepifying. Luckily, since I have stumbled upon it early on, I will most likely not get a disease, according to the literature I presented and numerous others ones I found a year back.

The worst part about it is that their pain will be so strong that they may never be able to even appreciate fully what their family memebers are struggling through for them. Thats the worst, simply decrpifying.

Good old google scholar. To access google scholar, go to the 'other' searches of google and click scholar. It puts you in direct focus towards scientific journals.

:rockon:


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: whattheheck]
    #10994777 -

whattheheck said:
Poid said:
Didn't have to. You believe that edible food that is uncooked is unfit for human consumption; thinking this negates any chances you may have had to explain yourself.




My apologies, I hold no such position. Although I do think that for the most part, raw food is "better" than cooked. If I were forced to go 100% either way, I'd go raw. But there is a balance to be had.

The bottom line is everyone's machine runs differently, even amongst those who closest in genetic makeup. It's up to us to find out what does it for us and leave others be. I'm no neo-nazi veggie, raw fooder by any means. In fact, as much as I don't want it to be so, I believe my body needs lean meat and less dairy, which is the opposite of what I desire :shrug:



That quote wasn't directed at you, I don't know why you're responding to me as if it was.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10995620 -

Were you all aware that carrots are unusual in that they become more nutritious when cooked?

Really! >>> http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/nutrition.html#raw


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Diploid]
    #10995943 -

Yeah, but cooking kills their mystical life-force and you just can't measure that! :razz:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10996194 -

Enzymes are a "mystical life force"??

:lol:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10997659 -

InnerStillness said:
So how is him being a raw foodist and athlete, not relevant to the raw food diet being a healthy diet?



Because if as OC said, roughly 99% aren't you are basically saying this "1 out of 100 are raw dieters so that is enough evidence"

If that didn't make sense to you, the guy you are referencing is an outlier and therefore not important or nearly enough evidence to support a conclusion like the one you are making.

Or if that didn't work, since 99% are not raw dieters, for every 1 raw dieter you can name that is "good at something" I can name 99 others that aren't raw dieters.

if that's tl;dr what you said isn't evidence of anything


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10998320 -

It should be a requirement for anyone who wants to argue in opposition to Raw Food/Vegetarian/etc that they read The China Study.


--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10998359 -

How do raw foodists consume marijuana?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spirituality and Diet
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dmtrypr 5,500 72 12/02/04 02:40 PM
by shanti
* Diet and Thought *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
Lakefingers 2,651 45 03/29/09 08:37 AM
by Epigallo
* Plant based diet
( 1 2 3 all )
reflectedlight 4,919 59 10/15/03 08:38 AM
by hongomon
* Raw foods are great!
( 1 2 3 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,102 47 01/07/10 12:18 PM
by WScott
* Can anyone argue that omnivorous diets are actually more ethical than vegetarian?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Epigallo 7,921 126 01/09/09 12:37 PM
by DoseMeHomie
* Production vs Consumption - A Life Philosophy jazzillion 548 10 04/10/09 07:01 AM
by traviedigital
* Vegan Diet...
( 1 2 3 all )
You_are_God 3,099 58 05/30/03 12:28 PM
by johnnyfive
* diet and spirituality deff 1,788 16 04/09/09 11:54 AM
by Cannashroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,729 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.