Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987318 -

You are missing the fact that a diverse diet is healthy and a raw only diet is not healthy.  When humans learned to cook our species took off because we had access to more healthy food.  When humans learned to farm rice our lifespans and health increased even further. 

There is no 'should' be consuming anything, life does not work that way.  All life is constantly finding new food sources, new techniques and new niches.  Cooked food is a nice we occupy, whether you like it or not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: DieCommie]
    #10987370 -

There is some evidence that bacon was the evolutionary trigger to our larger brains.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: DieCommie]
    #10987379 -

I disagree when you say that a raw only diet is not healthy, I believe its the healthiest diet.  Also its quite possible to have a diverse diet and for it to be raw too.

When humans learned to cook we did take off as a species, it makes sense when we have more of a food supply were gonna have a population boom.  But, for me and many others, eating a primarily fruit based diet is the most optimum one, there is tons of science behind it.  I would be happy to discuss that.

Cooked food is awesome, no doubt, but its not optimum, that is all I am saying.  I mean I may sound radical but really it just makes sense to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987389 -

Yes please discuss the effect of eating a primarily fruit based diet. You are referring to diabetes right? 

I calling, I want to see the science.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987402 -

Umm ok.  It doesn't seem like you even gave me a chance in the first place, did you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987429 -

Didn't have to. You believe that edible food that is uncooked is unfit for human consumption; thinking this negates any chances you may have had to explain yourself.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: DieCommie]
    #10987485 -

Ok.  Many people assume that eating a primarily fruit base diet would in fact lead to diabetes, its simply not true.  Diabetes is an issue of insulin not being effective enough in transporting sugar in the blood into the cells.  A lot of that has to do with having too much fat in the bloodstream, a fact you wont hear about very much, but non the less it is true.  So when you are on a low fat diet (10% of calories or so) excess blood sugar is very quickly moved into the cells.

I am defiantly not a doctor, but I have been a raw foodist for 9 months.  For lunch I had a half a honeydew melon and 4 bananas.  Not once did I have any symptoms of high blood sugar or any imbalance.

Some books you could read or sources of knowledge on this subject would be Dr. Doug Graham, who himself has been a raw foodist for over 20 years, is well into his fifties, and still is running marathons and doing all kinds of athletic events.  Hes on you tube if you want to watch videos, a lot of his seminars are on there in full.


**Poid**
Don't get me wrong I understand what your saying.  All that I am saying is that grains, legumes, beans and things like that which need to be cooked to be able to be digested, can be eaten and are relatively nutritious, but they are not optimum.  Our bodys are not designed to digest those things naturally.  We can consume like crazy different things for sustenance, have you seen that show on TV where that guy travels around eating all the local foods, its amazing! Anyways, the raw food diet works best for me is all I am saying, going back to grains and the like, is such a huge decrease that its a no brainer for me that fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts and greens are what I am supposed to eat!!!

Edited by InnerStillness (09/02/09 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987527 -

Quote:
Some books you could read or sources of knowledge on this subject would be Dr. Doug Graham, who himself has been a raw foodist for over 20 years, is well into his fifties, and still is running marathons and doing all kinds of athletic events



As 99% of 50+ marathoners are NOT raw fooders, what possible relevance does your anecdote have?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987534 -

Books are nearly useless for this kind of thing - anybody can write anything in them, nor do I trust an individual simply because they have some initials in front of their name.  I wanted scientific studies and papers and you told me to go look on YouTube...  oh well...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987542 -

The relevance is that this guy has been totally raw for 25+ years and is athletic and in top notch health, so the diet isn't as unrealistic as you might think.

**DieCommie

Sorry my claim that a primarily fruit based diet is most optimum has a lot of science behind it was misleading.  I ment to say that I diet that is primarily carb based is most optimum.  I then, naturally assuming that fruit is the most efficient source of carbs, went and said fruit instead of carbs.


Edited by InnerStillness (09/02/09 04:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987551 -

InnerStillness said:
Our bodys are not designed to digest those things naturally. Hey, beaners and chinks, stop eating your beans and rice, it's not natural!




--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987583 -

Huh? Are you incapable of comprehending a post? Must I repeat it  for those hard of reading? The top athletes in the world are not raw fooders, OK?

I am an ancient 50+ athlete and I will challenge any Shroomerite of any age on the racquetball court.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987598 -

I'll kick your ass at badminton!  :evil:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987607 -

So how is him being a raw foodist and athlete, not relevant to the raw food diet being a healthy diet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987610 -

Notice how IS went from optimum diet to not unrealistic.

Typical moving target.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987625 -

Poid said:
I'll kick your ass at badminton!  :evil:



Bring it on!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987642 -

Throw the first punch, bitch!  :box:


:tongue:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: InnerStillness]
    #10987647 -

InnerStillness said:
So how is him being a raw foodist and athlete, not relevant to the raw food diet being a healthy diet?



Look up 'optimum' then explain how sub-par performance = optimum.

I see how you have shifted again; this time to 'healthy'. Are you unable to stay on track? Is a raw fooder incapable of staying focused?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10987658 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Are you unable to stay on track? Is a raw fooder incapable of staying focused?



It must be the lack of free-radicals. :sadyes:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Poid]
    #10987698 -

Fastest man in the world - omnivore.

Strongest man in the world - omnivore.

Richest man in the world - omnivore.

Longest lived man in the world - omnivore.


Still trying to see the raw food superiority part... :rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spirituality and Diet
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dmtrypr 5,502 72 12/02/04 02:40 PM
by shanti
* Diet and Thought *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
Lakefingers 2,651 45 03/29/09 08:37 AM
by Epigallo
* Plant based diet
( 1 2 3 all )
reflectedlight 4,919 59 10/15/03 08:38 AM
by hongomon
* Raw foods are great!
( 1 2 3 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,102 47 01/07/10 12:18 PM
by WScott
* Can anyone argue that omnivorous diets are actually more ethical than vegetarian?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Epigallo 7,922 126 01/09/09 12:37 PM
by DoseMeHomie
* Production vs Consumption - A Life Philosophy jazzillion 548 10 04/10/09 07:01 AM
by traviedigital
* Vegan Diet...
( 1 2 3 all )
You_are_God 3,099 58 05/30/03 12:28 PM
by johnnyfive
* diet and spirituality deff 1,788 16 04/09/09 11:54 AM
by Cannashroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,729 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.