|Home | Mushroom Info | Experiencing Mushrooms | Trippers FAQ|
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.
FAQ about tripping
Documents:Sort: [Name] [ Rating] [Date] [Reset]
- What do the different trip levels (Lvl 1-5) mean?
Levels are a way to describe your trip.
- Can I take another dose during the trip?
- What is, and how can I avoid/reduce come up anxiety?
Anxiety is a complex combination of the feeling of fear, apprehension and worry, keeping the mind in a state of painful uneasiness.
- Are contaminated/rotten/wild mushrooms safe for me to eat?
The simple answer is no.
- Essential Links
No matter how experienced you are with tripping, please pick a few (any) of these Essential Links and read them from start to finish... unless you've already read them.
- How many dried mushrooms would I have to eat to die from an overdose of psilocybin?
Using the data for rats and accepting a median of 1% potency, it would require the consumption of 1680g of mushrooms to reach the LD50 for a 60kg "rat".
- Can you talk to mushrooms? Can they talk to you?
Terrance McKenna often suggested mushrooms talked to you.
- What is a trip guide?
Do I need one or am I one?
- How can I stop a trip (ie: sober up)?
There is no "off switch" to tripping.
- Is tripping in public a good idea?
This is a subjective question and cannot be answered definitively for everyone or every setting.
- Should I trip alone?
Your results may vary. Some prefer tripping alone, others prefer groups.
- Why do people trip in nature?
The first trippers tripped in nature.
- Why do only a select group of people like to trip?
When a person ingests psychedelics they face a form of reality where their conventional beliefs about what is real and who they are are challenged.
- What can meditation do for me while tripping?
Meditation allows you to silence the 'inner noise', and focus your concentration.
- What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like?
A true hallucination is when one witnesses something that appears to be real, yet no actual stimulus has occured.
- What is and how do I control tripper's paranoia?
"Tripper's paranoia" is a natural occurence wherein one who is tripping has a paranoid thought that, due to the accelerated mental activity occuring during a trip, tends to consume the tripper in a manner that can make the tripper very paranoid and stressed.
- Why Trip at all?
Why trip and why not trip?
- How often can I trip?
Tolerance to psilocybin builds up quickly.
- I am going to trip for the first time, what do I need to know?
Trip smart. Trip safe.
Be careful who you're with.
- What are some of the things to avoid while tripping?
This is an assembly of suggestions from Shroomerites.
- Are mushrooms safe for me to eat?
There are no known long term physical effects from ingestion of mushrooms containing psilocybin and psilocin.
- What are some good trip toys?
Trip-toys can greatly enhance a trip, especially in a group setting. These "toys" can include anything from Music visualizations to blacklights to glowsticks.
- How long does a mushroom trip last?
A psilocybin mushroom trip lasts around 4-6 hours.
- What is set and setting?
Why are they important?