|Home | Mushroom Info | Experiencing Mushrooms | Trippers FAQ|
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.
FAQ about tripping
Documents:Sort: [ Name] [Rating] [Date] [Reset]
- Can you talk to mushrooms? Can they talk to you?
Terrance McKenna often suggested mushrooms talked to you.
- Are contaminated/rotten/wild mushrooms safe for me to eat?
The simple answer is no.
- Are mushrooms safe for me to eat?
There are no known long term physical effects from ingestion of mushrooms containing psilocybin and psilocin.
- Can I take another dose during the trip?
- Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms?
This is an interesting question with a interesting set of answers...
- Do hallucinogenic mushrooms cause liver damage?
The 2 main active genera containing Psilo(cybin)cin, Panneolus and Psilocybe do not exhibit any liver toxic properties.
- Does tripping let you reach enlightenment?
Reading some of the comments from folks like Aldous Huxley or Alan Watts about "enlightenment" & about psychedelic substances gives us some clues..
- Essential Links
No matter how experienced you are with tripping, please pick a few (any) of these Essential Links and read them from start to finish... unless you've already read them.
- How can I stop a trip (ie: sober up)?
There is no "off switch" to tripping.
- How can I use my trips to help in sober life?
The Psychedelic experience often shows us the inner workings of our psyche. If you're even half interested in psychology and are familiar with experiments, theory, and philosophy you probably become hyperaware of these theories in your experience with psychedelics.
- How do I stay positive during a trip?
Keep yourself in a positive or neutral environment.
- How do I trip?
This is a very subjective question, with many successfull answers.
- How long does a mushroom trip last?
A psilocybin mushroom trip lasts around 4-6 hours.
- How many dried mushrooms would I have to eat to die from an overdose of psilocybin?
Using the data for rats and accepting a median of 1% potency, it would require the consumption of 1680g of mushrooms to reach the LD50 for a 60kg "rat".
- How often can I trip?
Tolerance to psilocybin builds up quickly.
- How will a mushroom trip change me?
What if I want to stay the same?
- I am going to trip for the first time, what do I need to know?
Trip smart. Trip safe.
- Is it safe to combine mushrooms with other drugs?
Before considering a combination it is a must for you to know your limits with each of the substances on their own before mixing.
- Is it true that psychedelics can trigger mental illness?
The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no, however for the average person with no emotional or psychological problems or any family history of mental illness the answer is surely an un-equivocal no.
- Is tripping in public a good idea?
This is a subjective question and cannot be answered definitively for everyone or every setting.
- Is tripping with others a good idea?
The important thing to remember in organizing a group session is to have knowledge of and trust in the fellow voyagers.
Be careful who you're with.
- Should I trip alone?
Your results may vary. Some prefer tripping alone, others prefer groups.
- Should I trip with sober people?
A "Trip Sitter" can be a very helpful person to have around especially if this person is naturally laid back and has experience with psychedelics and trippers.