Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedrenaline
shroomitist

Loc: A Moon of Jupiter
Re: Love [Re: ]
    #961821 - 10/15/02 12:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Love can be the most wonderful and at the same time the most painful experiences in one's life. True Love is something most of us will only experience a few times in our lives. True Love is when you truly care for someone more then yourself and would do anything to ensure that person's happiness and well being. Physical contact encourages true love, but isnt a requirement. True love comes through a deep understanding of some other person through shared time and experiences. You can't put your finger on it. You might not even realize what it is until it's too late. True Love will change a person...for better or worse you will never be quite the same.

At least that's what I think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #962525 - 10/15/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Love is the most wonderful thing.

It is what binds us together...
It is what holds the Universe in place

--------------------

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Love [Re: Shroomism]
    #963228 - 10/15/02 02:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

love does not have to have a sexual component.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Love [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #963252 - 10/15/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

love does not have to have a sexual component.

I agree.
But until hormones and carnal instincts are removed from us (especially men), we need that release every so often. If it has to happen somehow... it SHOULD be with someone we love.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Love [Re: drenaline]
    #963813 - 10/15/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

True love comes through a deep understanding of some other person through shared time and experiences

why does love depend on history? why can't you love someone right here, right now? If I got hit in the head real hard and lost all my memory, I not be able to love again until I regained "shared moments and experiences"?

True Love is when you truly care for someone more then yourself and would do anything to ensure that person's happiness and well being

What yer talking about is a dependancy you have developed with your partner over a period of time. You need the other person to love you and make you happy, as they do with you. Dependancy is not love in my opinion. It's a cover up for your insecurities.

OfflineMystrysAbsynth
emotional RETARD

#965153 - 10/16/02 02:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ahhh...Mr.M...I see you know my friend E.A.P. :wink:

Just for the record:
'Most mammals like caresses,in the sense in which we usually take the words,whereas other creatures,even tame snakes, prefer giving to recieving.'

One can give and give and give of themselves,love, affections, their very  heart......and do so with nothing more than a thankfulness, joy  and appreciation in their very souls ,that they have someone special enough to bestow these things upon.
YET.....as is instinctive, I would say, there are those that never truly understand the concept of love. Love without bindng,love without jealousy, love without restrictions,love without demands, love without judgements. No enmeshment is needed with true love...seperate but together.Never a question of IS THIS LOVE?
You just simply know, you have always known.....you are drawn together as if elastic were connecting your very souls. The feeling grows through words,gestures,smiles, the glint in one's eye.Sometimes it's as simple as a sunbeam in their hair or a raindrop on their face................

Is there anything more valuable? I think not...and yet it can make the strongest feel weak and worthless. Love is indeed valuable....but usually only to those who do not have it.Love,sadly, is taken for granted on most occasions.....and wasted on the undeserving.
How can I say anyone is undeserving of love? I ask myself that very question every day.

'Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love,
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
Oh, no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests.. and is never shaken.
It is the star to every wandering bark
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love is not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come.
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out.. even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.'

~W. S.

--------------------
Try not to let your mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself

Edited by MystrysAbsynth (10/16/02 02:44 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: MystrysAbsynth]
    #965520 - 10/16/02 09:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That was beautiful.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: Shroomism]
    #972495 - 10/18/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, absolutely.

Love is the highest form of Being.

Cheers,

InvisibleCosmic_Monkey
PongidaeKosmikos

Loc: Somewhere between inner-s...
    #972570 - 10/18/02 02:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think about everything I have and nothing compares to loves value to me. Without it I have no reason to exist .

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: Cosmic_Monkey]
    #973515 - 10/18/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Neither do I.

Anonymous

#997447 - 10/27/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Love is a new emotion in my life and i'm just trying to figure it out. I fell in love with a girl last summer, but it was only one sided and i got hurt. I am still in amazement though.. it was so beautiful. At the time, it could not be explained... i'm still trying to piece some logic to it.. but its not easy. Whenever i would hook up with a girl when i was younger, it always felt fake and awkward to me. Now after feeling love, i don't think i will go back to those primal urges again.. i long for something more in my life and i'm positive love is it. Since my journey with mushrooms some time ago, i think i'm on a steady course of losing my ego. I've often wondered if that would impede my course in love.. i'm not sure yet. so many questions... but in the mean time... hold me =)

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#999613 - 10/28/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

from Nick Cave's "The Secret Life of the Love Song"

?The Love Song must be born into the realm of the irrational, absurd, the distracted, the melancholic, the obsessive, the insane for the Love Song is the noise of love itself and love is, of course, a form of madness. Whether it be the love of God, or romantic, erotic love ? these are manifestations of our need to be torn away from the rational, to take leave of our senses, so to speak. Love Songs come in many guises and are seemingly written for many reasons ? as declarations or to wound ? I have written songs for all of these reasons ? but ultimately the Love Songs exist to fill, with language, the silence between ourselves and God, to decrease the distance between the temporal and the divine.?

?All Love Songs must contain duende. For the Love song is never truly happy. It must first embrace the potential for pain. Those songs that speak of Love without having within in their lines an ache or a sigh are not Love Songs at all but rather Hate Songs disguised as Love songs, and are not to be trusted. These songs deny us our humanness and our God-given right to be sad and the air-waves are littered with them. The Love song must resonate with the susurration of sorrow, the tintinnabulation of grief. The writer who refuses to explore the darker regions of the heart will never be able to write convincingly about the wonder, the magic and the joy of love for just as goodness cannot be trusted unless it has breathed the same air as evil ? the enduring metaphor of Christ crucified between two criminals comes to mind here ? so within the fabrio of the Love song, within it?s melody, it?s lyric, one must sense an acknowledgement of its capacity for suffering.?

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: raytrace]
    #999632 - 10/28/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1005369 - 10/30/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

All my being is screaming to me that love is the answer to the dilemma of our existence, not the love just between lovers but love us a fundamental force in the universe, love for me is what?s holding creation together, from the atom to the galaxy.
If we can let our self go from our ego and have this force flow thru us and really feel love, love for every thing with out judgments nor attachments, nor conditions we will be one with creation.
I have only understood and felt this under the magic of the shrooms

--------------------

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

#1006192 - 10/30/02 11:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

NO not that I can think of, it is a part of each of us every day...

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: Love [Re: Cosmic_Monkey]
    #1006608 - 10/30/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Without [love] I have no reason to exist .

Oh, how true that is. But I have no love in my life, and yet I still exist. I wonder why that is?

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: Unity333]
    #1007072 - 10/30/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag