Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Hamas [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8308733 -

Quote:
No. I did before but it somehow got corrupted so I switched to the firefox one. In either case, though, the cursor was that little hand and there seems to be no way to highlight text.



Hmm. Check the toolbar at the top and see if you can find a cursor icon to click on.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hamas [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8309168 -

Zappa, if you're using foxit, which I presume is what you mean, go to the toolbar, click on "tools" then scroll down to "select text" This will give you a cursor to highlight the text or a block of text w/ a box via dragging it. If the pdf doesn't have text, however; and only has graphics that appear as text, like in a scanned page or something, you won't be able to select it anyways though.


zappaisgod said:
Seuss said:
> There was no rush, no reason we couldn't have given them more time.

I won't argue against that. However, Saddam had a history of pretending to be 'more cooperative' and then deciding otherwise. I'm not trying to clear Bush and the US. Instead, I am trying to point out that Saddam was not some innocent victim of US aggression. There is fault on both sides.



Given that he had been playing three card monte for over a decade and was bribing the shit out of the UN Security Council with stolen money I see absolutely nothing hasty about our timing. On the contrary, that game had been played for far too long as it was.



I didn't say we were hasty in dealing w/ his obstinence, we were hasty in waging war before there was a clear threat.

Yes he was and had been playing games. But this last time he seemed to be opening up. You're right that may have been about to act a fool again, but that doesn't change that we were finally getting access. In the absence of credible threats to us, their was no reason to rush to war. In fact, it seems that we were doing so at the time we did cuz bush was loosing an opportunity to claim he was presently uncooperative.

Here's an opinion piece which pretty much lays out what I feel to be the lies of Bush as to this issue, and why it was foolish to go to war when we did. Feel free to critique it, I'm genuinely interested to here what you have to say about it given you being one of the few, if not only, supporters of the war here that I'm aware of.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2006/03/31/bush_lies/


Seuss, I don't claim saddam was innocent at all. I'm sure he could have gotten the sanctions lifted and many other benifits for him and his country if he wouldn't have acted like a jackass. I'm just saying that we didn't need to go to war, and we choose to go to war at a time when we were finally getting access.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hamas [Re: johnm214]
    #8309661 -

> I'm just saying that we didn't need to go to war, and we choose to go to war at a time when we were finally getting access.

Saddam had a habit of giving access and then deciding against it, or adding conditions, or denying access to sites once inspectors arrived, etc. His illusion of 'finally giving access' was just as false as Bush' evidence that there were WMDs that were a threat to the world. Saddam was a master at playing the UN against itself, much like Iran is doing now.

What really annoys me is that Bush told the intel community what to find rather than asking the intel community what do we know. Even worse, when the intel community found evidence against what Bush wanted to know, people lost their careers. Bush was determined to lead the US to a quick victory in Iraq no matter what. (The cynic in me believes it was over Saddam's assassination attempt on Bush Sr. rather than oil, at least for Bush Jr.)

It is an unfortunate price the world, the US, and the Iraqi people have paid because two inflated egos (Bush and Saddam) couldn't back down from one another.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hamas [Re: Seuss]
    #8309679 -

Quote:
It is an unfortunate price the world, the US, and the Iraqi people have paid because two inflated egos (Bush and Saddam) couldn't back down from one another.



and that bout sums it up, ego


I read in the times a few years abo, maybe two? a discussion about what saddam's military leaders were discussing with him in the last weeks/days of his rule. Apparently Saddam, according to the times vis a vis some general, believed up until the very end that Bush Jr. would never have the gall to enter baghdad. He thought it would be like the first dance, and he'd kill a bunch of his men, waste a bunch of money, and then go on being an idiot and starving his people and country. I think this about sums up the situation perfectly... he really thought he could do whatever he wanted and he'd be fine in his palaces... that bush, already invading one country and with a huge support margin of the people of america, if I recall correctly, wouldn't dare enter his sacred city.

The whole affair is plagued by breathtaking idiocy from what I've seen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hamas [Re: johnm214]
    #8310768 -

When I started this thread I predicted that it would get swept away in a fury of anti-Israel sentiment, I did not predict that it would become an argument over the legitimacy of the Iraq invasion. I guess I am no Game Theorist. I did consider writing about the invasion, but I knew someone else who was doing it, and two others did it last semester.

Anyway, the more I learn about politics the less sympathy I have for anyone. All humans are idiots. As the great Vonnegut once said

"the problem with humanity is that we are 1000x dumber and meaner than we think we are"


--------------------
"I Love Democracy"
-Emporer Palpatine


Fuck the system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush tells Palestinian PM the REAL reason he struck Iraq! Cornholio 585 6 06/28/03 08:27 AM
by Learyfan
* Palestinian textbooks brainwash children to kill
( 1 2 3 all )
Ed1 6,102 44 11/10/04 10:40 PM
by ricyjo
* Hamas executes more people publicly......
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
starfire_xes 3,823 97 08/31/14 07:14 PM
by zappaisgod
* Israel responds to Gaza/Hamas with deadly air raids
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
KillerPicklez 16,676 385 01/07/09 09:14 PM
by Phred
* Interesting perspective on the Israeli Palestinian conflict
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
GazzBut 10,434 111 07/23/14 04:07 PM
by GazzBut
* Hamas overruns Fatah positions in Gaza The_Red_Crayon 591 3 06/15/07 09:35 PM
by lonestar2004
* Hamas - a non soundbyte derived perspective somebodyelse 402 2 06/28/03 04:41 AM
by downforpot
* Israel to liquidate Hamas.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
shakta 14,927 235 08/30/03 01:04 PM
by Xlea321

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,724 topic views. 1 members, 38 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.