Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating.
    #7675911 - 11/24/07 08:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: budmanman]
    #7676166 - 11/24/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

interesting article but perhaps the wrong forum?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7677137 - 11/25/07 08:11 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

“His role in the church was significant,” Maranda explains, “because we believe that his participation in the church gave him access to his victims.”

Praise the lord. Christians continually show their stuff. Of course once caught the rest will tell you they weren't the "real" christians and so the monkey dance continues and the dupes fall in line.:monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: Icelander]
    #7677501 - 11/25/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I made a critical error in judgment once. (Yes, just once.) I was in bed with a BAC Hispanic hottie. After a wild love-making session, she felt intimate enough to share Jesus with me. Told me I was a sinner and needing saving. She was divorced (a no-no) and fucking me outside of wedlock (another no-no). When I pointed out her hypocrisy, she got angry and left and I never got another taste.

Stoopid on my part.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7677566 - 11/25/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You should of invited her to the church of satan.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: Icelander]
    #7678006 - 11/25/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
“His role in the church was significant,” Maranda explains, “because we believe that his participation in the church gave him access to his victims.”

Praise the lord. Christians continually show their stuff. Of course once caught the rest will tell you they weren't the "real" christians and so the monkey dance continues and the dupes fall in line.:monkeydance:

JW's are not Christians.

http://www.outsidethecamp.org/jwletter.htm
An Open Letter to a Jehovah's Witness
by Christopher Adams
(From Outside the Camp Vol. 7, No. 3)

Recently, I received a letter from a person I had never heard of before. The person's initials were M.S., and the envelope contained a booklet from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society entitled "You Can Be God's Friend!" Written across the top were the words "Hope you read this!" Well, I've read it, and now it's time for a few comments. If M.S. would like to respond, I would be glad to respond to the response.

The booklet opens with the words, "God wants you to be his friend." Now this is definitely the kind of thing most people really want to hear. It's kind of nice to imagine God running after you, offering you all sorts of benefits if only you will consent to be his friend, isn't it? Well, I don't call it "nice." I call it arrogant. I call it the fulfillment of Satan's original lie, "you shall be as God" (Genesis 3:5). In particular, I notice that you have not provided a single Scripture reference to back up this claim that God wants to be the reader's friend. On the other hand, Scripture clearly testifies that there are plenty of people whom God does not want as friends: Romans 9:13 says that God hated Esau; Psalm 5:5 says that God hates all workers of iniquity (not merely the works); Exodus 9:12 & 16 tell us that God raised Pharaoh to power and hardened his heart in order to destroy him. And in Matthew 23, Jesus calls the Pharisees hypocrites (several times), a brood of vipers, children of the devil, and whitewashed tombs (clean and beautiful to outward appearance, but inwardly full of death). Apparently, Jesus didn't want the Pharisees to be his friends.

For this reason, I have to take issue with another very popular statement on page 16: "You can recognize true religion by watching the people who practice it." [1] Had you been watching the Pharisees, however, you would have seen some people who appeared to be exceedingly good people. They went to church every single Sabbath day. They strictly observed the laws regarding tithing, diet, sacrifices and offerings, circumcision, fasting, and prayer. They strictly refrained from drunkenness, idolatry, and fornication. They were hardworking, zealous, and devout. (Presumably, they even refrained from smoking.) By every observable standard, they were decent, moral, God-fearing folks. Yet, as we have seen, God did not desire to have most of them as his friends.

It is true that there are certain people whom God desires as friends. But, contrary to what the booklet says on page 5, we do not become God's friend merely by learning about him, nor even by addressing him by his first name. Isaiah 65:1 says, "I have been sought, not by those who asked. I have been found, not by those who sought Me. To a nation not calling on My name, I said, Behold Me! Behold Me!" By nature, no one wants to be the friend of God (Romans 3:9-22); by nature, all people are enemies of God (Ephesians 2:1-3). Those whom God desires as friends, he draws to himself, not by pleading and begging, but by his own sovereign power (Psalm 110:3, Proverbs 21:1, John 6:40 & 44). Salvation is not for the convenience of man; it is for the glory of God. Salvation is "not of the [one] willing, nor of the [one] running, but of the [One] showing mercy, of God" (Romans 9:16). It is God and God alone who causes a person to become his friend by causing that person to believe the Gospel.

The Gospel is Good News. It is God's promise of forgiveness of sin, fellowship with himself, and eternal glory in heaven, based exclusively on the blood that Jesus Christ poured out and the righteousness that he established. It is Good News because it means that God has provided for the forgiveness of the sins of his people. It is Good News because it means that God doesn't merely ignore the sins of his people; he causes them to be paid for. It is Good News because, even while paying for the sins of his people, God himself remains just, holy, and righteous.

2 Corinthians 5:21 says: "For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us, that we might become [the] righteousness of God in Him." This verse makes it clear that in dying on the cross, the sins of the people of God were charged to the account of Jesus Christ, and he paid the full penalty which they deserved. Conversely, the righteousness of Jesus Christ is charged to the account of every Christian, everyone who believes God's promise, making him as holy and blameless as Jesus Christ himself. In this way, God remains just while being the Justifier of him who has faith in Jesus (Isaiah 45:21, Romans 3: 26).

God is an infinite God and an infinitely righteous God. Therefore, all sin is an infinite offense to him (Exodus 20:5, Habakkuk 1:13). Therefore, any sacrifice that is intended to atone for sin must be an infinite sacrifice. Anything less would be insufficient to turn away God's wrath against the sins of his people. It is only as Jesus Christ partakes of the two natures, human and divine, that he is able to become the Mediator between God and Man (Job 9:33; Hebrews 2:17), able to "lay his hand" upon both at once. Therefore, the Gospel absolutely requires that Jesus Christ not only be a real human being but also be God incarnate, God in the flesh.

On page 15, this booklet teaches that "Before he lived as a man on earth, Jesus lived in heaven as a mighty spirit creature. (John 17:5)" The idea that Jesus was merely a "creature" and did not fully partake of the divine nature utterly destroys the Gospel. [2] It means that Jesus could not have fully atoned for the sins of his people, because he, as a finite creature, would not have had enough merit to pay for the infinite demerit of sin.

The fact that Jesus is more than a mere "creature" is inferred from the following facts:

1. Several titles applied to Jesus Christ. Jesus is called "Lord", by Thomas and Stephen (John 20: 28, Acts 7:59-60), and Christians must confess Jesus as "Lord" (Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 12: 3). The Greek word here translated "Lord" is kurios, which is the word used to translate "Jehovah" in the Greek version of the Old Testament.

Similarly, Jesus is called "Immanuel" (Matthew 1:23), which means "God with us." And in Revelation 22:13, Jesus is called "the first and the last," a title that is given to Jehovah God in Isaiah 44:6. None of these titles could be given to a mere creature.

2. Several attributes of Jesus Christ. Jesus is described as all-knowing (John 1:48; 2:25; 6:64; 16:30; 21:17), all-powerful (Matthew 28:18; Hebrews 1:3), eternal (Micah 5:2), and unchanging (Hebrews 13:8). And Colossians 2:9 states that in Jesus Christ "all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily." (NWT). None of these things can be said of a mere creature.

3. Several works of Jesus Christ. Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7; Luke 5:24; Ephesians 1:7), control nature (Matthew 8:26), give eternal life (John 10:28; 17:2), and judge the world (John 5:22 & 27). None of these things can be done by a mere creature.

4. Jesus Christ received worship. Jesus received worship from men (Matthew 14:33; John 9:38) and angels (Hebrews 1:6, Revelation 5:11-13). Yet worship is due to God alone (Exodus 34:14; Acts 14:11-18; Romans 1:24-25; Revelation 19:10). Jesus himself even taught this (Matthew 4:10; John 4:23). No mere creature can legitimately receive worship.

5. The Patriarchs and Prophets expected a Messiah who would also be Jehovah. The Messiah was expected to be not only David's son, but his Lord as well (Psalm 110:1). Job said "For I know my Redeemer [is] living, and He shall rise on the earth at the last; and after my skin has been struck off from my flesh, yet this, I shall see God" (Job 19:25-26). John wrote of Jesus in John 12:37-41 that Isaiah "saw His glory, and spoke about Him." (cf. Isaiah 6:1-5). The Patriarchs and Prophets did not expect that the Messiah would be a mere creature.

Finally, there is Revelation 1: 11-18. In this section, John sees a vision of a person who clearly identifies himself as Jehovah God (vss. 11,14,17). He also has the appearance of a "Son of Man" (v. 13). But this person goes on to say, in v. 18, "I became dead." So how could Jehovah God die? The only possible explanation is that Jehovah God died on a Roman cross, just outside Jerusalem.

The last problem with this booklet is found on page 19. Under the heading "False religion teaches that the wicked will suffer in hellfire," we read the following: "Would a loving God torment people forever? Of course not!" This sentiment is extremely popular because it betrays a fatal ignorance of the infinite heinousness of sin. Anyone who makes such a statement obviously has no knowledge of the infinite glory of God or the infinite punishment that any sin against him deserves.

God is indeed a God of love (1 John 4:7-8). And first and foremost, God loves his own righteousness and his own glory (Numbers 14:15-21; 2 Samuel 7: 23; Isaiah 42:8; John 12:27-28; Romans 9:22-23; Ephesians 2:12). Therefore, it is absolutely essential that God display his infinite love for his own glory by punishing those who violate his glory with a punishment equal to the crime they have committed. If God were to treat such rebels against his glory with any punishment that was less than infinite, he would effectively be saying that he did not love his glory or his righteousness or that his glory was less than infinite. Any of these options is blasphemy. The teaching that souls do not suffer eternally in hell dismisses the seriousness of sin and dismisses the righteousness of God.

I hope you can see why I oppose the doctrines taught in this booklet. They blaspheme God, spit in the face of his only begotten Son, and make a mockery of his holiness, righteousness and justice. Anyone who believes these doctrines is obviously lost. I exhort you to repent of this blasphemy and believe the Gospel - the Gospel that glorifies God, the God who is, above all, a Just God and a Savior (Isaiah 45:21).
[snip] see web page for endnotes

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: fivepointer]
    #7678093 - 11/25/07 02:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JW's are not Christians.

Wiki: Jehovah's Witnesses are members of an international Christian religious organization of the same name, whose adherents believe it to be restored first-century Christianity.[1][2] Jehovah's Witnesses are governed by their understanding of Scriptural laws and principles from the Bible, as interpreted by their Governing Body.

Cuz you say so? :rofl2:

Burn, baby, burn! :satan:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7678368 - 11/25/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I saw an excellent documentary on the subject of JW's ignoring and covering up child abuse within thier community. I wish I could remember what it was called...

My mom's side of the family are all JW's and they grew up with a lot of physical and emotional abuse. So yeah, my family is another example to prove the article correct. Fuck. To thier credit, my aunts who are still in the religion (and my mom who quit) stopped the cycle and have never physically abused thier children. Although they are all pretty damaged still.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#7678624 - 11/25/07 03:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

JW's are not Christians.

Wiki: Jehovah's Witnesses are members of an international Christian religious organization of the same name, whose adherents believe it to be restored first-century Christianity.[1][2] Jehovah's Witnesses are governed by their understanding of Scriptural laws and principles from the Bible, as interpreted by their Governing Body.

Cuz you say so? :rofl2:

Burn, baby, burn! :satan:

No because they actually are not christians.....

Because they say all the churches are from satan and they all worship satan. All those damn satan catholics and protestants celebrating xmas.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#7678628 - 11/25/07 03:48 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Jehovah's Witnesses are governed by their understanding of Scriptural laws and principles from the Bible, as interpreted by their Governing Body.

The governing body claims that in 1914 jesus returned as king and that in 1918 they were appointed by god as the faithful slave, and the wicked slave has yet to come.

--------------------

InvisibleWolfgang
Male User Gallery
    #7678689 - 11/25/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I made a critical error in judgment once. (Yes, just once.) I was in bed with a BAC Hispanic hottie. After a wild love-making session, she felt intimate enough to share Jesus with me. Told me I was a sinner and needing saving. She was divorced (a no-no) and fucking me outside of wedlock (another no-no). When I pointed out her hypocrisy, she got angry and left and I never got another taste.

Stoopid on my part.

That's pretty funny... :lol:

I just don't understand how Christians can preach the Bible and not follow the Bible, it says to not have sex out of wedlock but there are plenty of Christians that do it anyways. The same goes with following the laws of your land, there are versus that say you should do what your law tells you but I can already tell there are Christians here that won't be following that anytime soon. From what I see people just pick and chose the aspects of the Bible that work well for them and they ignore the rest.

Hypocrisy :nonono:

Offlinefivepointer
    #7678777 - 11/25/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Jehovah's Witnesses
Christian or Cult?*

Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (with headquarters in Brooklyn, New York), was officially founded in 1884 [as the Zion's Watch Tower and Tract Society (originally the Zion's Watch Tower in 1879), officially adopting the name of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931], by Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916). In 1870, Russell was exposed to the teachings of William Miller, one of the founders of the Second Adventist Movement and acquired an interest in end time prophecies. Russell originally denied the doctrine of Hell, and would go on to reject nearly every other Christian doctrine, as well as add many physically and spiritually dangerous doctrines of his own making. Many of these unique and bizarre teachings were to be found in his six volume series titled, Studies in the Scriptures.

For the year 2000, the Watchtower Society claims a worldwide membership of over six million (about one million U.S.) in more than 91,000 congregations in 235 countries speaking 340 languages, and takes in approximately 300,000 new members each year (288,907 in 2000). According to JW statistics, yearly proselytizing is accomplished via 4.8 million home Bible studies and 1.2 billion hours of witnessing. The JWs field over 500,000 full and part-time missionaries. Instruction and training are provided for all JWs at five meetings a week, held primarily in "Kingdom Halls." Every week, an average of 45 new JW congregations are formed. [In the year 2000 in the United States alone, it was reported that 988,000 Jehovah's Witnesses spent more than 181 million hours in field service (i.e., door-to-door witnessing and Bible studies).]

JW leadership claims its victims by asserting itself to be the sole Christian religion and authority on the earth today, as well as God's mouthpiece or prophet. The Watchtower further disrupts families through its harsh and unbiblical interpretation of "disfellowshipping" and the practice of "shunning." Family members who are former JWs are labeled by Watchtower adherents as "apostates" and prevented from even social contact. Disfellowshipped or disassociated children, parents, and grandparents are kept from any type of communication with active members of the organization. Divorces are common within the sect when one member becomes disillusioned with Watchtower teaching and mind-control.

Not only has the name of this cult been changed time and again, but they also change their doctrines regularly -- between 1917 and 1928, they changed their doctrines 148 times! (Prior to 1931, Jehovah's Witnesses had also gone by the names of Millennial Dawn, People's Pulpit Association, The Brooklyn Tabernacle, and the International Bible Students Association.) Russell died in 1916 and was replaced by the second president, Joseph F. Rutherford. "A process of replacing Russell's writings with Rutherford's began in 1921 with the publication of Rutherford's Harp of God. Between 1921 and 1941, Rutherford was to write twenty books and numerous pamphlets, which would slowly revise the doctrine and structure left him by Russell" (Encyclopedia of American Religions, G. Melton, Vol. 1, p. 485). One of Rutherford's books that caused a great amount of controversy was the seventh volume of the Studies in the Scriptures.

Russell adopted many of his doctrines from the Seventh-Day Adventists, but the JWs began to emphasize door-to-door evangelism and literature distribution after Russell's death and subsequent leadership assumption by Joseph Franklin Rutherford. The JWs have published over ten billion pieces of literature since 1928. Its main periodicals are The Watchtower magazine (circulation of over 20 million in more than 130 languages) and Awake! (about 16 million copies in more than 80 languages), both published semi-monthly.

Historically, the JWs are best known for their practices of refusing: (1) to serve in the military; (2) to salute the flag; (3) to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, or other holidays; and (4) to give or to accept blood transfusions. [Rejecting the medical practices of vaccinations, organ transplants, and blood transfusions, the Watchtower has caused the deaths of many of its members throughout its history. Interestingly, vaccinations and organ transplants have now been acknowledged by the Watchtower as acceptable practices, contradicting their previous doctrinal position.] (Although some of these practices are neither Biblical nor unbiblical in and of themselves, depending upon one's motives and the exact nature of the practice, the reasons the JWs give for them often are unbiblical.)

Below are the highlights of what JWs believe concerning their source of authority, the Godhead, Christ, sin, salvation, heaven and hell, etc.:

1. Source of Authority. JWs claim the Bible as their final authority, but Russell's writings, especially Studies in the Scriptures, are considered "the light of the Scriptures." JWs have their own translation of the Scriptures (New World Translation, published in 1961), which reflects the binding interpretations of the group's leaders. The JWs' New World Translation greatly perverts the Scriptures to avoid placing themselves under the judgment of God (cf. Jn. 1:1; 8:58; I Tim. 2:6; Ac. 10:36; Col. 1:16-17; 2:9-10; etc.). Hence, the leader's interpretation of the Bible, not the Bible itself, is the final authority of JWs. The Watchtower magazine is one of the JWs main sources of doctrine, and is considered authoritative by its members.

2. Trinity. JWs believe that God is not a triune God, but only "Jehovah God" (Let God Be True, pp. 100-101); they teach that Trinitarianism is a belief in three gods, and thereby, Satan-inspired polytheism. Rutherford wrote: "... sincere persons who want to know the true God and serve him find it a bit difficult to love and worship a complicated, freakish-looking, three-headed God. The clergy who inject such ideas will contradict themselves in the very next breath by stating that God made man in his own image; for certainly no one has ever seen a three-headed human creature" (Let God Be True, 2nd ed., pp. 101-102).

3. God the Father. Known as Jehovah, the Watchtower considers Him to be the only true eternal God, the Almighty. They write, "There was, therefore, a time when Jehovah was all alone in universal space" (Let God Be True, p. 25). Being alone, the first creative act of Jehovah was to create His Son.

4. Jesus Christ. Since JWs do not believe in the Trinity, they also do not believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. They add the word "other" four times to Colossians 1:16,17, teaching that Christ was God's first creation, i.e., the reincarnation of Michael the archangel created by Jehovah, rather than the Creator. [The "Watchtower" teaches that Jehovah God created Michael the Archangel before the foundation of the world; Michael was His only begotten son by virtue of the fact that he was the only creature directly created by Jehovah. It was this created Michael who became the JW Jesus (i.e., a denial of the eternality of Christ). JWs say that "Since actual conception took place, it appears that Jehovah God caused an ovum or egg in Mary's womb to become fertile, accomplishing this by the transfer of the life of his first born son (Michael) from the spirit realm to the earth" (Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 920). "Marvelously, Jehovah transferred the life-force and the personality pattern of his first born heavenly son (Michael) to the womb of Mary. God's own active force, his holy spirit, safeguarded the development of the child in Mary's womb so that what was born was a perfect human" (Reasoning, p. 255).] JWs also add an "a" in John 1:1, making the verse read, "the Word was a god" (which in essence, makes the JWs guilty of the same polytheism of which they accuse Trinitarians).

5. Use of Name Jehovah. JWs use the name "Jehovah" only for God (in order to distinguish between God and Jesus Christ), while failing to recognize that Jesus is the fulfillment of "Jehovah" in Isaiah 40:3 and Matthew 3:3. [HJB]

6. Resurrection of Christ . JWs deny the bodily resurrection of Christ through their teaching that the body of Christ was annihilated by God -- not risen -- but rather a new one was created three days after His death. This they call the "resurrection" of Christ. Thus, Jesus was "resurrected" as a "glorious spirit creature" and does not now have a glorified physical body. Instead, they claim Jesus arose spiritually and only "materialized" at various times after His resurrection so He could be seen alive. (Awake!, 7/22/73, p. 4)

7. The Holy Spirit. JWs deny the deity of the third person of the Trinity, as either God or as a person; they claim that the Holy Spirit is only an impersonal "active force of Almighty God which moves His servants to do His will" (Reasoning From the Scriptures, pp. 406-407; The Watchtower, 6/1/54, p. 24). They have written, "But the holy spirit has no personal name. The reason for this is that the holy spirit is not an intelligent person. It is the impersonal, invisible active force that finds its source and reservoir in Jehovah God and that he uses to accomplish his will even at great distances, over light years of space" (Let Your Name Be Sanctified, p. 269).

8. Sin. JWs believe that the first man, Adam, disobeyed Jehovah when tempted by the angel Lucifer, who was jealous of man. As a result of disobedience, Adam and all his descendants lost the right to life and so became liable to death. This liability is applied to temporal death only.

9. Salvation . JWs claim everlasting life is a reward for doing the will of God and carrying out one's dedication -- in other words, salvation is a reward for good works. (JWs are expected to spend five hours per week in door-to-door visitation and witnessing, are responsible for selling twelve subscriptions to The Watchtower magazine each month, and are responsible for conducting a "Bible study" each month in the homes of their converts.) According to JW theology, a person has one of three possible destinies. The Anointed (144,000) will be in heaven to reign with Jehovah God. The rest of the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses (not of the 144,000) will live forever on a paradise Earth. Both of these classifications are determined to a great extent on membership in the Watchtower organization as well as going door-to-door spreading the message of the Watchtower. Those people who are not members of the Watchtower organization will be destroyed by Jehovah God and cease to exist. There is no concept of eternal punishment or hell in Watchtower theology (Let God Be True, pp. 90-95, 289). They also believe that men will have a second chance, after death, to be saved.

10. The Body of Christ. JWs believe that the members of the spiritual Body of Christ, or "Christian Congregation," number only 144,000 (Rev. 7:4-8). Most of those members of Christ's Body are now deceased and are reigning with Jesus in heaven since 1918. (Anybody born after 1936 cannot be in that number.) The remaining members still on earth, approximately 8,000 (out of whom are selected the "Governing Body"), are known as the "Remnant." They are collectively known as Jehovah God's "channel of communication" to men. They are the only ones "born again" and are the only ones who have a hope of going to Heaven. The rest of Jehovah's faithful witnesses only hope to be worthy enough to inherit the Earth, and will never see "Jesus/Michael," nor will they ever go to Heaven. All "so called Christendom" will be destroyed at Armageddon.

11. Soul Sleep. JWs deny the immortality of the soul. They do not believe the soul can exist apart from the body, but that a corpse remains in an unconscious state in the grave waiting for the resurrection. [HJB]

12. Annihilation of the Wicked. JWs teach that the "second death" is annihilation and extinction -- the wicked will cease to exist and will not suffer everlasting torment. They claim that a "doctrine of a burning hell" is "wholly unscriptural," "unreasonable," "contrary to God's love," and "repugnant to justice." [HJB] They claim that "hell" is the grave.

13. Prophecy . The Bible lists six identifying marks of false prophets, any one of which is sufficient for identification: (1) through signs and wonders they lead astray after false gods (Dt. 13:1-4); (2) their prophecies don't come to pass (Dt. 18:20-22); (3) they contradict God's Word (Isa. 8:20); (4) they bear bad fruit (Mt. 7:18-20); (5) men speak well of them (Lk. 6:26); and (6) they deny that Jesus, the one and only Christ, has come once and for all in the flesh (1 Jn. 4:3), thereby denying His sufficiency in all matters of life and godliness (2 Pe. 1:3). Most cults are founded upon false prophecies, which, if pointed out, offer an effective way to open blind eyes and rescue cultists. Russell's false prophecies formed the basis for what became The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and the Jehovah's Witnesses. Russell declared that the Second Coming had taken place invisibly in October 1874, and the Lord was truly present, and that in 1914 the faithful (the 144,000) would be translated to heaven and the wicked destroyed. Armageddon (which began in 1874) would culminate in 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's rulers and the end of the world. C.T. Russell, still on earth, died in 1916.

In the early 1920s, JWs zealously distributed on the streets and from door to door a book titled Millions Now Living Will Never Die. It was prophesied, "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914 ... we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old ... to the condition of human perfection" ("Millions Now Living Will Never Die," The Watchtower, 7/15/24, p. 89). The JWs even built a house in San Diego where the patriarchs were to live and tried to deed it to King David. (The house was quietly sold in 1954.) In the early 1940s, JWs were declaring that Armageddon, only months away, would end World War II and the defeat of the Nazis would usher in God's rule on earth (The Watchtower, 12/41). Their book, Children, suggested that plans to marry and have children be postponed until after Armageddon. It's been a long wait! Not giving up, they later prophesied that God's millennial kingdom would commence in 1975. Again JWs were told not to engage in any plans for this world, including marriage and having children. Many quit their jobs, sold their homes, and dedicated themselves to going door to door. (Source: 3/97, The Berean Call.) All in all, the Watchtower has predicted the end of the world for 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1989.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/jw.htm

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: fivepointer]
    #7680329 - 11/26/07 12:48 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This religion fucked my family up so I know first hand.

--------------------

Stranger

#7680550 - 11/26/07 04:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
This religion fucked my family up so I know first hand.

and?

my dad was roman catholic and he was fucked by that religion

any religion has potential for abuse

at least jehovahs witnesses are nonviolent and apolitical... that limits them to hurting only those who are actually jehovahs witnesses

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #7680582 - 11/26/07 04:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
at least jehovahs witnesses are nonviolent and apolitical... that limits them to hurting only those who are actually jehovahs witnesses

The fallacy of collectivism. Human beings are individuals, not groups. Your group labels and assertion of inherent traits are completely meaningless.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Stranger

Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7680603 - 11/26/07 04:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you can measure the differences so it isn't meaningless

for example, roman catholics routinely go to war (often fighting other roman catholics)

jehovah's witnesses never go to war

roman catholics have many ties to political institutions (holy see for example) and jehovah's witnesses have none... they don't even vote

a jehovah's witness can never be a police officer due to the possible violence, but a roman catholic can

these are measurable differences

Stranger

Re: extra extra, Jehovahs take a beating. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7680626 - 11/26/07 05:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

it is like measuring the average kinetic energy of a gas

there are some particles above and below that energy, so does that make the measurement meaningless?

if other fundamentalist religions took the same stance as the jehovah's witnesses on war, violence and politics, then this world would probably be a better place

Stranger

#7680642 - 11/26/07 05:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

however the world would be an even better place with no fundamentalist religions at all :laugh:

sry for the tripple post, good bye

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#7682637 - 11/26/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
it is like measuring the average kinetic energy of a gas

there are some particles above and below that energy, so does that make the measurement meaningless?

if other fundamentalist religions took the same stance as the jehovah's witnesses on war, violence and politics, then this world would probably be a better place

Jehovahs witnesses belive everything but JW related things are from satan,

catholics worship satan according to the watchtower society and governing body.

They claim the end is just about here any day now because gods fed up with it and appointed them to spread the spiritual food to the world in the door to door ministry.

1 member of the governing body pointed out mistakes and was disfellowshiped he wrote a huge book and now the rules of the JW have changed to his views basically. So he was dis fellowshipped for saying the wts should be this way and he was also in the appointed position to do so, but they booted him and later converted as society demanded it.

We all on this site are from satan, jehovahs witnesses actually have a strong hate for everything but JW.

--------------------

Stranger

#7682824 - 11/26/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

and?

how is that different from the born agains who believe that if you don't accept jesus you will burn forever in hell

but unlike the born agains, jehovah's witnesses can never go to war or even support war and they can never be a part of our government or even vote

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order