Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Cosm]
    #3716029 - 02/01/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"there is also a theory that humans built these devices"

The airforce experimented unsuccessfully with saucer shaped craft in the 60s.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3716090 - 02/01/05 09:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My take on the photographs: The second one is an obvious "fake"- it's so transparent I doubt it was ever intended as a photo of a sighting, rather a probable representation of what an alien craft might look like. The first one is (to me at least) fake as well. The UFO looks insubstantial (note the areas of the "craft" where it is very faded and why would someone pose in front of a UFO, wouldn't the craft itself be the story?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3716098 - 02/01/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think that life originated someplace else and seeded its self here. I have seen what I beleave to be ufo's a couple of my friends have as well. On the same hill. Nothing more then a dot twice the size of a star making very eratic and steady movments. It moved in a zig zag side to side pattern then moved onand out of the atmosphere. Friends saw it not to long ago in the same area. I saw it 8 years ago.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3716501 - 02/01/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"I believe that aliens do exist, but I'm not sure if they have visited this little planet floating in this vast universe yet."
That is where I stand as well.

Ditto

--------------------

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Jellric]
    #3716556 - 02/01/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

remember that cameras back in the twenties weren't that good i don't know that he was posing in front of a UFO it may have just been there when the camera flashed.

and as for Ekip that the Russians built ,well that was on the discovery channel years ago.

http://www.ekip-aviation-concern.com/
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0%2C1282%2C61681%2C00.html
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2004/04/05/ufo.shtml

take a look for yourself this is a real alternative flying craft, that the Russians built.the technology for these craft are obviously for real.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: kaiowas]
    #3716692 - 02/01/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
i have never seen a UFO nor have I seen a spaceship.

I believe that aliens do exist, but I'm not sure if they have visited this little planet floating in this vast universe yet.

but there's always a possibility...

True, true. I don't doubt possiblity of the existance of life on other planets, but I doubt an alien sentient species capable of interstellar travel would behave the way people believe they do....

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: RainyDayDreamAwa]
    #3716751 - 02/01/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you'd have to be an idiot not to agree

:thumbdown: Try logic instead of insults.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #3716775 - 02/01/05 11:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
if you really want to know try DMT.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: phalloidin]
    #3717253 - 02/02/05 01:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I felt I should post, since I know nothing about 'UFOs'.

Actually, I know a little bit about crop circles. Personally I don't think the crop circle phenomenon can be considered evidence of extra-terrestrials. Supposedly, there are reports of UFO sightings at or near the sites of a fresh crop circles. I do believe that crop circles (some of them) are an actual-scientific phenomenon, but I don't believe UFO's --specifically alien spacecraft-- have been conclusively proven to exist. Sure, there may be 'eye-witnesses' and miscillaneous photographs, but the sum of these sundry evidences doesn't satisfy the burden of proof, in my expert (yeah right) opinion.

I do say, the notion extra-terrestrials traversing the galaxy in saucer-shaped vessels is not beyond the realm of possibility...

*soulmotion adjusts his monocle, takes a puff from his arched-wooden pipe, as he sits casually in his pinback leather armchair*

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: soulmotion]
    #3718527 - 02/02/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

I MUST NOW CONFESS THAT THE TRUE REASON BEHIND THIS POST IS NOT TO PROVE THAT E.T IS VISITING EARTH.  I ALREADY KNOW THIS AND IT IS NOT MY JOB TO CONVINCE THE WORLD.

THE TRUE REASON FOR THIS POST WAS TO SHOW UP THE SO CALLED 'SKEPTICS' FOR WHAT THEY ARE; DODGE MASTERS!

They all claimed evidence was the answer, so I provided them with a ton of EVIDENCE and LOGIC.

I even stated I bet they would use dodge/humor tactics in my 1st post, and indeed they did!

The skeptics (Swami, Hue & co) couldn't come up with one tiny scrap of evidence OR logic!

Just constant dodging/humour/mockery as stated.

So, this is what a skeptic is, somebody who cannot and will not accept any other point of view than their own.  When cornered they can provided no evidence and no logic and will change there tactics to try to continue their delusion.  CHECKMATE!

THE THREAD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

I'M GLAD FOR ALL THE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE COME THROUGH ON THIS THREAD AND PM'ED ME!!!

THANK YOU and GOODBYE ALL of you in S&P! :heartpump:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Ego Death]
    #3718590 - 02/02/05 10:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Your ego is still showing, danoEoboy, you haven't really proven anything.

This thread was more of an attempt to make skeptics look silly... and it failed, even though you've obviously convinced yourself it was a rousing success.

If you want to prove something to someone who has decided that the scientific method is the best way to do things, you're often going to have to go out and collect the evidence yourself, because if all you've got to go on so far is blurry photos and anecdotal evidence, there's no way you can convince them of anything.

You're going to need to get a camera, and try to take the first clear pictures of aliens. Get other people to prepare to do the same thing.

After you've collected the evidence, don't go out and try to prove that it's the evidence you've been waiting for... that's a common trap people fall into. That line of thinking makes you disregard other possibilities, and sometimes confuse false evidence with real evidence. Bring the photographs to astronomers, and photography experts. Make sure they can confirm what you're looking at.

Then you'll have real evidence.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Phluck]
    #3718789 - 02/02/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

let's all try our best to apply the scientific method to things that are outside its ken.

that said, maybe UFOs were built by humans... in THE FUTURE. eh?

and finally, there seems to be some confusion with an assumed link between UFOs and ETs. there's absolutely NO reason to form a link between them, unless you want to. if so, then be my guest

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: UFO's DON'T EXIST & THEY ARE NOT EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL! [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3718952 - 02/02/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3719449 - 02/02/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3719619 - 02/02/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well the way these things move suggests technoclogy, and the way these creatures look suggests that they are not a native species from a junge that we have overlooked in our research.
The similarity to our earth primates could suggest that they grew up on earth once or that they are related to us, or perhapse our creators.
But it doesn't make any difference if they are from earth or mars or
some distant star.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Ego Death]
    #3720337 - 02/02/05 05:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Dano what you have posted in this thread is neither evidence or logic. There are are no clear pictures or video of alien beings or crafts in existence. There are accounts by people who claim to have experienced these things, but there is no way to tell whether they are lying/crazy.

"So, this is what a skeptic is, somebody who cannot and will not accept any other point of view than their own. When cornered they can provided no evidence and no logic and will change there tactics to try to continue their delusion. CHECKMATE!"

How can we give you evidence that something does not exist?

I don't think being a skeptic is about close mindedness, having a lack of logic, or being delusional. I think it's more along the lines of wanting to have solid evidence before believing in something. You post pictures and call them evidence...but we know that many craft pictures are hoaxes. You post accounts of people's experiences and call them evidence....but we know that many people's accounts have been made up.

Most of the people disagreeing with you, myself included, believe that aliens do likely exist but we are unsure whether they have reached earth or not. Do you think we really want to deny that aliens have visited us? Is this what we want to believe? No!! I think it would be really cool to see real pictures of aliens and know that they really exist and have visited us.

You claim to have had an experience, and it very well could be true that you DID see an alien ship. The problem is that we were not there with you, so there is no way for us to verify this. I would feel bad for anyone that ever did actually see an alien spacecraft, because unfortunately everyone would probably think they were crazy.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3720410 - 02/02/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
that said, maybe UFOs were built by humans... in THE FUTURE. eh?

I think I'd actually have an easier time believing it's extraterrestrials. At least we can conjecture from modern scientific knowledge that interstellar travel might be possible via wormholes. Based on everything I've seen and read, modern science seems to indicate that time travel, at least for complex organisms like humans, is essentially impossible.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3720432 - 02/02/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The problem is that we were not there with you, so there is no way for us to verify this.

No, but we DO have the account of the Phoenix Lights in the 1990s wherein some 10,000 Arizonans saw one or more UFOs, many claiming it was an alien craft flying directly over them. Upon careful reconstruction from MULTIPLE videos, it was CLEARLY shown that the objects were military flares and were some 50 miles away from Phoenix.

So these people erred in:

1. Estimating the size of the object (most said it was HUGE because they "connected" the lights into one object.)

2. The speed/movement of the object. (They were falling not transversing the sky).

3. The type and origin of the object. (normal terrestrial objects).

4. The distance and location of the object. (Not overhead, but 50 miles away.)

These keen observers were 0 for 4.

This is why reports are notably untrustworthy. The observers were not liars delusional or hoaxsters, but misinterpreted what they saw according to popular belief. This explains why UFOs are mainly seen at night.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Swami]
    #3720846 - 02/02/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What really blows my mind is that so many UFO buffs will tell these same old stories and show the same old pictures...all of which were long debunked...and declare them as empirical evidence. Are there so many gullible people? I can understand one seeing a UFO and making a judgement about it (in my younger days I made just such an assumption upon seeing a UFO, even though I had no evidence for that assumption) because you SAW it, but to believe these tired old scams just leaves me speechless.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3724485 - 02/03/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I couldn't resist hehehe :grin:

What really blows my mind is skeptics claim that they have debunked evidence yet when asked repeatedly for evidence/sources they have NONE!

Go ahead and debunk away, apart from saying "Oh well all pictures are hubcaps"  Thats hardly evidence or logic.

I'll give you a head start:

Provide proof/evidence or logic for debunking case 1, 2, 3 in the original post.

This is the 4th time if asked you and you're still claiming to know the answers with NO EVIDENCE!

Who's really making assumptions here then, still guilty of your own analogy Hue :shake:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom