Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Ego Death]
    #3736697 - 02/05/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The only "evidence" you have supplied thus far is purely anecdotal. Who's really the logic dodger here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3736836 - 02/05/05 06:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's you that I don't get.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Silversoul]
    #3736852 - 02/05/05 06:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting. Please elaborate.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: When a skeptic becomes an evidence and logic dodger! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3736863 - 02/05/05 06:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oops. That reply was meant for danoEoboy.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#3736874 - 02/05/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe! It's cool... :laugh:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3736951 - 02/05/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Whats to get(?) about me?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3736971 - 02/05/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't get how you think you've contributed any real evidence or logic to this discussion. I don't get why you rate people one shroom for disagreeing with you. I don't get why you're so hostile to those who are trying to logically explain things to you. The only explanation I can come up with for these things is a massive yet fragile ego.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#3737075 - 02/05/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have contributed many facts and posted sources for my information.

The bottom line:
Theres plenty of evidence for UFO's being E.T and very little against it.

It doesn't matter that its anecdotal evidence. The fact is this stuff is going on and something is causing it!

I don't see why so many people would lie (some of whom highly accredited people, scientists, astronomers, astronauts) say they have seen these craft. Many of these 'intellects' also state they believe the UFO's they have seen to be most likely E.T in origin.

The way I look at life is from a third person perspective. I'm sure aliens could of evolved and can visit here, I have any faith in science alone its possible. The amount of people seeing them just tops it over the edge for me. Why lie about something this horrible.

Aliens arn't like the holy grail or jesus christ. Accepting their existance is something the ego would not want you to do. The ego is your natural security and fears anything that has the potential to hook you up like a lab rat. Think about how we studies animals but apply that to universal third person perspective.

^I'm sure you won't accept any of this, I expect your egos already picked it apart and binned it line by line. But I speak for truth, for what I believe to be true and I don't care if it goes against the grain. This is what really seems to annoy other people.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3737357 - 02/05/05 08:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The bottom line:
Theres plenty of evidence for UFO's being E.T and very little against it.

There is plenty of evidence for UFO's, but I have yet to see anyone contribute any evidence for them being ET's.

Quote:

I don't see why so many people would lie (some of whom highly accredited people, scientists, astronomers, astronauts) say they have seen these craft. Many of these 'intellects' also state they believe the UFO's they have seen to be most likely E.T in origin.

People don't have to lie when their eyes decieved them. Swami has already provided the example of the strange lights over Phoenix. I have yet to see you provide any instance of a scientist claiming to have seen a UFO and claiming it to have likely been extraterrestrial.

Quote:

The way I look at life is from a third person perspective. I'm sure aliens could of evolved and can visit here, I have any faith in science alone its possible. The amount of people seeing them just tops it over the edge for me. Why lie about something this horrible.

Third-person perspective? In other words, you claim to be objective? HA! As for the number of people seeing them, what about the number of people claiming to have seen the Virgin Mary appear in various objects? Or who claim to have seen Elvis in some gas station in Tennessee?

Quote:

Aliens arn't like the holy grail or jesus christ. Accepting their existance is something the ego would not want you to do. The ego is your natural security and fears anything that has the potential to hook you up like a lab rat. Think about how we studies animals but apply that to universal third person perspective.

Nonsense. The ego seeks to believe that it knows something others don't, or is in some way superior.

Quote:

^I'm sure you won't accept any of this, I expect your egos already picked it apart and binned it line by line. But I speak for truth, for what I believe to be true and I don't care if it goes against the grain. This is what really seems to annoy other people.

The ego doesn't pick things apart. That's logic. The ego hides from facts which contradict it, and projects its own insecurities onto others.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#3741423 - 02/06/05 04:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
The ego doesn't pick things apart. That's logic. The ego hides from facts which contradict it, and projects its own insecurities onto others.

You have a strange definition of fact.

You ask for info on scientists, I say research it yourself. I already provided a link to loads of astronomers who have seen them. To me your asking the same question but you could keep going forever, the fact is VERY acredited people have seen and believe in them. You obviously haven't researched the phenomena with an objective point of view if you don't know this.

If you believe in science then why do you avoid the logic of:

Evolution + Amount of stars (thus inhabitable planets) + Micro-Organsism found frozen on asteriods = Universe Teaming with Life.

Considering we know the universe has been here one hell of alot longer than humans, it would be pretty naive to think something far more intelligent can't work out a way to get here and observe us.

This is basic logic and science fact. Nobody has final proof one way or another. We need to keep open eyes and open minds.

I don't have the insecurity, I had a long time to deal with and accept the existance of E.T. I suspect other may not though...

E.T is so likely is is inevitable.

We here with our shallow egos prefer to say well they Can't visit Earth ohhhh no, that would never be possible now.

Why? Because of fear. What is fear? Fight or flight. An animal instinct not a logical decision. Your desire to be secure is always going to be the easiest option.

Edited by danoEoboy (02/06/05 04:22 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3741512 - 02/06/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You ask for info on scientists, I say research it yourself. I already provided a link to loads of astronomers who have seen them. To me your asking the same question but you could keep going forever, the fact is VERY acredited people have seen and believe in them. You obviously haven't researched the phenomena with an objective point of view if you don't know this.

You're the one making the claim. YOU back it up.

If you believe in science then why do you avoid the logic of:

Evolution + Amount of stars (thus inhabitable planets) + Micro-Organsism found frozen on asteriods = Universe Teaming with Life.

Where have I avoided this? Where have I said that life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe?

Considering we know the universe has been here one hell of alot longer than humans, it would be pretty naive to think something far more intelligent can't work out a way to get here and observe us.

How do we know life can get that much more intelligent than us? Even if such life did exist, how arrogant are we to think that they would be so interested in our planet? We'd be little more than cockroaches to them. Besides, considering that the speed of light seems to be the universal speed limit, such a species would likely have to bypass the laws of physics in order to get here and observe us lower beings.

This is basic logic and science fact.

No, it is speculation, and pretty naive speculation at that.

I don't have the insecurity, I had a long time to deal with and accept the existance of E.T. I suspect other may not though...

This may surprise you, but was once very much a UFO enthusiast. I read all about Roswell, and alien abductions, and aircraft sightings by fighter pilots, and strange lights in the sky. I was sure of them, just like you are. But then I grew up. I realized that I simply believed because I wanted to believe, and that most of these things I had read about had perfectly logical, earthly explanations.

E.T is so likely is is inevitable.

Whatever that means.

We here with our shallow egos prefer to say well they Can't visit Earth ohhhh no, that would never be possible now.

I would never discount the possibility entirely. But the laws of physics as we know them make interstellar travel highly unlikely, unless these beings have a life span of thousands of years.

Why? Because of fear. What is fear? Fight or flight. An animal instinct not a logical decision. Your desire to be secure is always going to be the easiest option.

Fuck security! Unlike you, I'm not the one jumping to conclusions based on anecdotal evidence. Keeping an open mind means not jumping to conclusions.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3742058 - 02/06/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Keeping an open mind means not jumping to conclusions."

Good point there. Never assuming is the most honest expression of an open mind. To assume indicates that one's mind is already prejudiced.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#3742481 - 02/06/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Keeping an open mind means not jumping to conclusions.

Nicely put! There's quite a difference between having an open mind and being gullible...

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#3746893 - 02/07/05 05:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We all experience reality through a set of mind filters, even myself.

No human is truly objective because anything is possible.

If all humans were plugged into the matrix could science prove it? Not at all.

My only point here has been that we are all equally as unobjective as one another.

If I say "Aliens visit Earth" Its is based on my life experience my perseption of reality.

If you say "Alien doesn't visit Earth" this is based on your life experience & perseption of reality.

Who has the real perception, well as we are all percievers nobody can say.

BTW, Humans have studied cockroaches down to the very last detail.
Why would other intelligent beings overlook studying a planet?
Doesn't intelligence in its very nature make us want to study and learn about everything?
There are many more posabilities than just 1000 year old entities. Your inability to concieve these possibilitites also suggests a biased view of unobjectiveness.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom