Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
cyanescens in seattle inquiries
    #7451388 -

Hello , live in south Seattle. Yesterday I went out to go and try to find cyanescens and azures less possibly, and I found some but they were not on wood bark at all, they were growing right into the base part of a tree, and they were all mushie so I squished them to make them grow back faster.

A few questions. DO cyanescens grow mostly on wood bark, or is that just the easiest way find them. Most of the pictures I've seen look like they grow out in the woods. I want ot go out into the woods near a stream or where it's genrally moist. I read it can also grow on other stuff like leaves and other stuff that falls on the ground.

See, most of the woods in seattle are the kind that have red bark. And this is supposed to be bad for cyans. But then how can cyans be native to this region?? It doesn't make sense.I really don't want to waste my time, but if the only place to look is on other people's property, and it has to be on nice rare bark like alder, then I don't see it very likely to find anything.

Is the same enviroment for cyans good for azures? Or sometimes?

DO cyans fruit overnight? Or does it take a few days?

Should I be just on the look out or will I have to move lots of bushes around. Do they grow under other bushes besides rodendrons?

If I find some , this will be the first time really for actives in my life, except for once when I threw em up.

I just need to know where to look so I'm not discouraged. Someone with experience please help. Those those stupid brief little descriptions online arn't enough. ANd don't tell me to get a book, because I've had one before and it's just about the same.

Help greatly appreciated. It just rained so It sounds like it might look good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7451407 -

your contradictory statements make you look like a :puppet: IMHO.

red bark(wood) trees are not necessarily bad for cyans.


look on the ground for them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: California]
    #7451520 -

Like I (and all others as well) always tell you: Keep on searching and you'll find them.
As for the environment they grow in:
ALL Cyans I've ever found grew on wood chips.
NOT all Cyans grow under rhododendrons but many. Blackberry bushes are good as well...
They need several days to pin and even more to mature.
Azures grow in the same environment as Cyans, though Cyans can better with harsh coldness I guess.
Alder isn't by far the only sort of wood chips they grow on!

And again: keep looking and try to see as many pics as possible!

If want a tip: Visit your local parks! That's it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7451748 -

Your grammar makes you sounds like you're 11 and normally I wouldn't respond because of it but I liked some of the questions.
Quote:
and I found some but they were not on wood bark at all, they were growing right into the base part of a tree



Those are not cyans.  I haven't seen them but I can tell you they aren't. Don't eat them.
Quote:
DO cyanescens grow mostly on wood bark, or is that just the easiest way find them



No, you're not likely to find them on bark at all.  This is the "red bark" you're referring to I believe.


And this is what you're looking for, woodchips.


You're not likely to find them in the woods, not that they don't grow out there, they're just uncommon.  You need to find those woodchips; parks, lawns, etc.
Quote:
Is the same environment for cyans good for azures?



Yes, but you're in Seattle.  You're not going to find azures around here unless someone planted them.
Quote:
DO cyans fruit overnight? Or does it take a few days?



Depends on the temps.  It can take days to mature or weeks.
Quote:
Should I be just on the look out or will I have to move lots of bushes around. Do they grow under other bushes besides rodendrons?



I always look under bushes.  You make it sounds like it's a lot of extra work, it's not.  The type of bush doesn't matter, it's only providing a micro-climate not some sort of symbiotic relationship.
Quote:
I just need to know where to look so I'm not discouraged



Good luck, no one's going to tell you exactly where to look.  And as far as general areas, well you can find that in two seconds with a search.  Woodchips; parks, lawns, etc.  If you don't want to be discouraged this may not be the hobby for you, you will be. :laugh:
It's going to be a little while longer before we get in to the full swing of things.


--------------------

Edited by @cro (09/25/07 01:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: @cro]
    #7451895 -

Hey great, thanks everybody. You've really cleared things up for me. Now that I know where to look I won't be discouraged, eventually I'll find it. Thanks again. Here I go.

bye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7452010 -

What do you mean, you squished them to make them grow back faster?
:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cyanescens in seattle inquiries [Re: El Zorro]
    #7453129 -

i have heard of people that would step on patches so they would grow back faster or more. I always that this was rather funny. Step on them and it will help...lol

Dont squish the mushrooms just let them release their spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* seattle area tips please
( 1 2 3 4 all )
secretmachine 15,631 71 09/26/04 02:10 PM
by swazey
* U.K cyanescens indigenous or import?
( 1 2 all )
Silverwolf 7,697 25 11/19/19 12:51 AM
by Doug295
* Copelandia Cyanescens in New Zealand?
( 1 2 all )
montmont 21,309 31 06/08/15 03:24 AM
by Anglerfish
* Psilocybe cyanescens: Official Fall 2004 Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 )
Gumby 108,473 577 12/08/14 02:56 PM
by TheShroomNinja
* ID help once more :) seattle area retro_killa 1,819 12 10/24/06 08:23 PM
by canid
* Seattle find 5/17/04--UPDATED 4/8/05
( 1 2 all )
@cro 4,636 38 04/17/05 05:50 PM
by starseed1066
* Anyone help a newb in Seattle search? stl38 2,944 14 12/19/02 11:34 AM
by stl38
* Seattle Ps. cyanescens??? henryp 2,222 13 12/15/03 01:08 PM
by henryp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
5,540 topic views. 2 members, 38 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.