Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7393505 -

it doesnt seem to matter. it is checked, though.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: automan]
    #7393589 -

Okay and also just to clarify, when this happens the mushrooms on the main forum listing are all gray and then when you go into a forum all the posts show up as read, correct? Or is it one or the other?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7393594 -

correct, they both happen. every post on the site is marked read and all the mushrooms are grayed out.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: automan]
    #7393647 -

That's weird as hell... oh well if it was gonna be easy to fix I would have probably tracked it down already hehe. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and maybe add some debugging code to help get more insight into the problem. What do you want to bet it's something stupid like $laston = $date instead of $laston == $date :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7394721 -

automan said:
correct, they both happen. every post on the site is marked read and all the mushrooms are grayed out.



^same here.

I never have the 'remember me' thing checked .:shrug:

Thanks for looking into it(not that you wouldn't look into it) but you know, thank you anyhow.:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: California]
    #7400722 -

I added some debugging code, the next time this happens please give me a poke and I'll have a look at the logs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7400862 -

I have looked for this bug for years (literally) and never been able to find it. If/when you finally get it fixed, please, let me know what it was!


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Seuss]
    #7401106 -

BTW, this happens to me a bit too, but I find that if i log out right away, and then log back in again, the problem is all fixed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7401397 -

just happened again


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: automan]
    #7401402 -

Not for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7401427 -

this time the usual three forums that I never read were marked as read(Shroomery sponsors, Contamination, and Shroomer polls forums).
this is occurs more often(for a few months now) than all forums/threads being marked as read if that will help any.

I never read those forums.:3dglasses:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7406932 -

it happened again Ythan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: California]
    #7408983 -

There was nothing in the debug log, I give up. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Ythan]
    #7409198 -

well I'll just deal with it then.:monkeydance:

Your attempt was appreciated.:cool:

if Seuss has been looking for it for years it must be a hellofa bug.:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: California]
    #7409223 -

seriously dude, when it happens, log out immediately, then log back in. Fixes it for me every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7409362 -

> if Seuss has been looking for it for years it must be a hellofa bug.:shrug:

The problem is that it is so damn intermittent... I finally decided that it was a browser issue related to maximum cookie size, but only because I couldn't come up with anything better.  I very seldom see it with Firefox, but used to see it all the time with IE.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Seuss]
    #7409374 -

I get it on firefox, as i never use IE anymore. Interesting thought on the cookies tho, will test.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7409820 -

I think I found the error. Please let me know if I fixed it, made it better, made it worse, or broke something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: Seuss]
    #7410239 -

I think you found it!:rockon:

this is the first time in a long time that I haven't had that glitch/bug whatever it was happen to me.

normal login attained, no threads or posts are marked as read!:awesome:

THANK YOU SEUSS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: all threads and posts are marked as read [Re: California]
    #7410270 -

It isn't completely 100% fixed. There is still another related bug out there, but this fixes the visible part of the error.

Welcome.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fighting a determined enemy, post whores.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ellis Dee 11,017 71 12/06/04 12:54 PM
by joe666
* posts not showing up..... KoOs 1,917 7 09/28/02 04:25 AM
by geokills
* Classic Thread Forum Rainbow 2,742 19 07/12/01 04:05 PM
by superpimp
* Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
vatoloco 23,663 109 03/07/08 02:21 AM
by Thor
* BB upgrade problems, questions? Post here.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ThorA 12,290 69 01/22/03 12:34 PM
by goldtop
* posting pictures
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
AnnoA 23,595 85 08/31/04 11:57 AM
by Barbi
* searching-thread not replies? Triple_3 2,436 12 05/23/01 07:44 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* Can u delete my Post count??? RustyOatcake 2,951 9 08/02/02 11:28 PM
by blackroselobo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
3,139 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.