Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: utopianglory] * 1
    #890504 - 09/18/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #890741 - 09/18/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you think OTD is full of useless garbage, I suggest you get lost. Really. The Internet is a big place, and I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find The Great Utopian Bulletin Board, where people aren't allowed to talk about silly or (gasp!) inconsequential topics, and every thread fits your description of worthwhile reading.

I'm truly sorry if you believe that adding more rules and restrictions will transform OTD into a place worthy of your superior standards. Your objection to inanity and silliness is just that: yours. I think inanity has its place, and it is almost entirely contained within one forum. The presence of decidedly silly threads in no way prevents legitimate discussion of other topics. If the current state of OTD is somehow unbearable to you, then follow the wise Mr Mushrooms' example; stay out.

Post whoring is an altogether different issue, and a very minor one. If you really believe that OTD is mostly post-whore threads, then I don't know what to tell you. Very few users post solely to raise their post counts, as fun and easy as it is to complain about.

In reply to:

Papaver: As a mod and a postwhore you are ruining OTD by condoning the lameness. Bottom line: You don't deserve the position you're in, you're a waste of space. I'm sure you can grow up.

This is ridiculous. Papaver is one of the most learned and helpful members of the Shroomery. We are lucky to have him. We are less lucky to have you.

In reply to:

Dare I say make a post whore forum and move all post whore mods to there and bring in some real mods to make OTD about OTD not about how much babble somebody can post.

Make OTD about OTD? That's hilarious. You do know what OTD stands for don't you? OTD couldn't be any more OT.

Bottom line is this: any proposed 'cure' for post whoring is bound to be much worse than the disease. It's the same philosophy as the DEA's; eventually they'll get ALL the drugs, right? The Shroomery is a great place as it is, and I would hate to see the freedom we have here compromised because some malcontents can't silently ignore posts they don't like.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Edited by CyberChump (09/18/02 08:56 AM)

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: WhiskeyClone] * 1
    #891273 - 09/18/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You all seem to consider my comment to Papaver as important so I will clarify what I mean, strange that the most light comment I made (and an insult can never be more than light in terms of value) is the one you choose to pick up on.

I'm sure Papaver has some decency to him and I respect his way of thinking regarding maintaining the child within.  I am easily the most immature person I know and I'm proud of this, but in a thread where we are discussing a member's discontent on this postwhoring I consider his previous posts here to be pure babble.  When I made the comment I had hoped to extract some reaction from him to maybe stand up and say what he thinks and maybe he did.. so as far as I'm concerned the comment served its purpose.  I know Papaver could care less that I insulted him, that much I understand about this person.  The thing about the eternal child is that you've got to try hard get a rise from him.

Cyberchump: 

>If you think OTD is full of useless garbage, I suggest you get lost. Really.

Oh come on, you don't mean that - You can't because it doesn't mean anything.  OTD is the least defining forum on this board and you know it.  There's just no logic. :smile:

Aside from that: Amen brother, I've been ignoring for a long time and I'll continue to do so - in doing so maybe I have misjudged OTD.  What are these rules and restrictions I've been talking about? Moe mentioned the postflooding option and thats it.  I just merely commented on it. 

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #891378 - 09/18/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> I know Papaver could care less that I insulted him, that much I understand about this person. The thing about the eternal child is that you've got to try hard get a rise from him.

You're cool with me! :cool:

Peace, brother... :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineDiva
Stranger
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: Papaver] * 1
    #3445300 - 12/04/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wot a load of bullshit. Isn't an environment, such as this, supposed to be fun? Pffffft... This's just an excuse for the Net~Hitlers to try and throw the whole "I'm and admin. Me and ma mod groupies are gonna ban you.. If you don't comply with our orders, wishes, and cuntish demands" rubbish for your public to feed on. Quite frankly, I thought I was gonna enjoy myself here until I came across this thread. Why would I wanna post at a board where you have to kiss arse... Just to beable to stay? Fuck that. Hard too. Just because someone don't see the need to run off at the mouth like many others.. and think type'n a sentence at time time justifies wot they wanna say just nicely, then why is it a big deal?

I think I can sum up wot I wanna say... In one sentence, just nicely:

Fuck this.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: Diva] * 1
    #3445436 - 12/04/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Um...this thread is two years old... 

Or have I been smoking too much?  :stoned:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #3446096 - 12/04/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes and yes.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: Papaver] * 1
    #3448590 - 12/05/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Um...this thread is two years old...

I love resurrected threads!

Post-whores to the left of me!
Post-Whores to the right!
Those damned dirty post-whores,
are everywhere in sight!

too much, whores post here
they make me mad
slow db

:tongue:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: Diploid] * 1
    #3451186 - 12/05/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

Death to post-whores! :rockets:
MwuajahahAHAHA! :evil:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: geokills] * 1
    #3451898 - 12/05/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: Super_Blunt] * 1
    #3453317 - 12/06/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Perfect example  :smirk:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
Re: Fighting a determined enemy, post whores. [Re: geokills] * 1
    #3454741 - 12/06/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

+1

(just had to)

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds