Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Datura allure
    #6926780 -

Poster's note: I do NOT want this thread to be about the effects of datura as much as the need to try it. TIA

Almost every single trip report ends with something like: "This was the most horrible experience of my life. Do NOT try it unless you want to lose four days and wake up in the hospital in a delerium. I still have negative effects even weeks later. STAY AWAY!"

The next reporter admits he knew the dangers, tried it and ends with yet another warning. And so on...

I understand thrill junkies, but not the need to poison one's self. So what is the BIG allure? Can we blame it predominently on Castaneda's alleged adventures or just the need to ignore sound advice and be stupid?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6926808 -

Quote:
Can we blame it predominently on Castaneda's alleged adventures or just the need to ignore sound advice and be stupid?



Both? :shrug:
Because they go so well hand in hand :lol:
But then again... if that was the only stupid thing people do :rolleyes:

Actually I have a friend who tried datura. And almost died... then he told other friends NOT to try it and of course they listened to him and tried. Why? Because they're "better"


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6926810 -

Both of my brothers tried Jimson Weed tea. The first remembered his experience and stayed partly rational. He only drank an ounce or so of the tea from leaves. My second brother later drank 8 ounces of tea from the root, and he was hell to babysit for. I unwittingly ended up with the job. He was 18 and I was 16. It was like he was a huge (6 foot 7) baby. He ran around talking to shit, and pissing himself, and occasionally laid on his bed and acted like he was possessed by demons. If you ever seen the exorcist you'll know what I mean. I vowed that I would never touch the shit after witnessing this. Castaneda's works have NEVER swayed me in this direction. He was sick for 2 days after the "trip", and his eyes stayed dilated for a week.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6926811 -

The time I didn't take it, it was smooth as silk and one of the most pleasant trips of my life. What are you talking about?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6926839 -

Quote:
then he told other friends NOT to try it and of course they listened to him and tried.



:rofl2:

After that sage advice they had no choice, but to try.

:rofl2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6926846 -

By the way they wanted to take it because they heard it was like acid. They found out different.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: Icelander]
    #6926847 -

People who use datura are looking for an altered state, change, different perspective/reality/escape, a change from the monotonous. They are curious monkeys. This is why I tried it. Some people are wreckless with their health.

Datura ain't gon to leave everyone who does it in the hospital, just the ones she don't like. ; ) Haha, only kidding. stay in school


--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6926849 -

My boss tried Datura once. From what he said, it sounded like he enjoyed it. But then, he's probably the craziest person I've ever met.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6927042 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
So what is the BIG allure?



Curiosity? I am very curious of what datura is like, never tried it but damn am I curious. A lot of people, of course, think they are the only human being in existence that can handle an intense experience..... then get their ass handed to them. For me it would just be curiosity, but due to ZERO positive reports i may have to sit this one out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6927074 -

It's a simple equation....

Boredom + curiosity + time + Datura (and it's lure of a novel experience) = Aaaahhh what the hell, I will just try a little bit....

Then comes the good stories that we laugh at because they are all usually similar escapades of,
"wild delirious naked running around in the woods all cut up and I don't know where I am while being hand-cuffed and hauled away"
in FULL detail, and written with MUCH passion....    :lol:

When I was a young and curious cat-lad, I was told that Datura "made you high"....
There was no internet to look it up, and no more description....  So, what the hell, I had all the other parts of the equation in my favor....!
Luckily the fews seeds we (didn't) try to smoke didn't have any effect on us, and never tried it again....
Then later in life, finding the written experiences on websites and reading about the delirious datura horror stories,
I found that was pretty fortunate that nothing bad happened when I (didn't) tried to try it....!  :grin:

Unless, this is all, part of, my datura, trip, naaaaaaaawwwwww....!?  :shiftyeyes:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6927092 -

a friend of mine did datura... a cop saw him across the street and thought he was trying to break into a house. he ended up in the hospital but only because the cops put him there. he said he'd never do datura again.


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6928072 -

It can be a powerful teacher from what I've gathered.


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6928232 -

Datura is horrible a few of my friends got arrested when we did it and we ALL ended up naked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: Immortal]
    #6928428 -

datura use by youth is a result of prohibition.
prohibition of lsd specifically and the need to get twisted.
what is the need to get twisted?
how simmilar is this to a yearning everyone has but cannot seem to place.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6928516 -

Wait what is the need to get twisted I'm lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: Immortal]
    #6928633 -

I've done datura 3 times. First time I only experienced some delusional dream state when I went to bed. My other trips can be found here:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6571979#6571979
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6729665#6729665


At this moment I'm more curious about datura than I've ever been and I'm certainly giving it another try sometime soon.


--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6928980 -

I think jack london wrote about the call we must heed.


--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6945755 -

I think people often want real hallucinations but they dont realize that a real hallucination can be extremely frightening. I've always warned people against it but I dont regret using it. I'd say smoking the leaves is the most forgiving. The seeds are the most potent part. I never touched the root. Its not something anyone should look to for a pleasurable experience. Its a tool shamans use... its not forgiving. One has to know it. Its like being in a delusion but you have to ignore the delusion and gain your mind to use it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6945869 -

I still have a copy of a Maryland publication from the 80s - PharmAlert - warning about Datura/Devil's Trumpet. Kids who died on it often were found with the seeds in their stomachs. There used to be a smokable product called Asthmador which asthmatic kids would smoke in a pipe. It was a Datura preparation, which, when brewed, put my former college roommate's friend in the hospital, tied down. He screamed at the 'true hallucinations' of disfigured beings coming at him. A former counselee was hospitalized twice from it (it grows in Florida - I have a nice big plant in my own yard).

Medieval witches anointed their broomsticks with a flying ointment of Dature and fat (usually accused of using the fat from killed unbaptized babies!) and 'rode' the broomstick naked, absorbing the alkaloids through the vaginal mucosa and then taking 'flight' to the Witch's Sabbat - possibly a collective 'hallucination' or astral trip. Casteneda's work also used a transdermal form, applied to the temples I think. These 'Nightmare Alkaloids' should not be ingested. Even the Transderm Scopolomine patches that I used to use on dive trips to prevent nausea caused me dilated pupils and triple vision, especially when combined with Dramamine. Atropine (Atropa Belladonna), Hyoscyamine, Scopolomine are all related substances and are very poisonous. The 'teacher' here is death. There is nothing transcendental about this intoxication, just a novel way to become toxic and possibly die.

The point of psychedelics is to awaken from illusion, not to create even more delusions. Those with adolescent needs to get scared should just go to the movies and choose a film made for that purpose. It was Ram Dass who suggested that people with an attraction to Hell-states as depicted in horror films should be wary of where their motives are deriving from or attracting them to. I concur. One is not simply an observer in Hell, or it wouldn't be Hell. One is convinced of the horror's reality. Same thing happens to hospitalized, hallucinating and delusional Datura victims. They don't call it Devil's Weed for nothing.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Datura allure [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6947713 -

That's amazing about the witches. I never knew that.


--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Castaneda...
( 1 2 all )
kratomboy 3,769 35 05/13/05 09:38 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* castaneda
( 1 2 all )
Traveller 4,151 28 11/16/01 10:56 AM
by Traveller
* Lynn V. Andrews (female Castaneda)
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,982 31 07/13/04 07:46 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* Carlos Castaneda, thoughts anyone?
( 1 2 3 all )
Cosmic_Monkey 7,737 46 07/18/10 04:21 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Carlos Castaneda
( 1 2 all )
starptv23 4,797 34 07/26/05 05:16 AM
by Huehuecoyotl
* Castaneda Complete
( 1 2 all )
Huehuecoyotl 4,683 25 12/09/06 01:05 PM
by Icelander
* Carlos Casteneda 'Classifications' daytripper23 418 5 10/12/09 03:07 PM
by daytripper23
* Wasson Reviews Castaneda's 1st - 4 Books mjshroomer 1,130 4 04/25/05 07:47 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,571 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.