Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
How to Support Shamanism on Planet Earth!
    #5595482 - 05/05/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Please support this society my personal shaman teacher and i have been emplyed to design a webpage for. Its called The Wheel of Contemplative Shamanism Society, and has member from the U.S, Netherlands, and now, through the help of the publics kind donations, it has made its way into the U.K. Thank you for your time.

http://wocs.00server.com/

Grateful for any way in which you could help to support the improvement and expansion of this society. The website is fully operational yet, but its membership sign up facilities are fully functional along with the Legalisation Page and the Home Page. Enjoy!

P.S Newsletters are already being sent out to new members.  :thumbup: :grin:

P.S Its a non-profit organisation!

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (05/05/06 08:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: How to Support Shamanism on Planet Earth! [Re: Sinbad]
    #5595527 - 05/05/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This looks quite interesting Sinbad. I will take some time and look this over well. Thanks for sharing this. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: How to Support Shamanism on Planet Earth! [Re: Icelander]
    #5595532 - 05/05/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you, you are most welcome my friend  :thumbup: :heart: :smile:

Take a look at the Legalization page, i think you will like it!

--------------------

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5595563 - 05/05/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

... signed up. you had me at "Toltec" lol.

I'd suggest using a CMS for the website though (Content Mangement System). If your host provides php and database support, then I'd be more than happy to help you set it up.

I promise, that if you really want a community site that will grow over time, it really would benefit with a dynamic design (so using php instead of HTML).

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5595625 - 05/05/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am suspicious at any attempt to organize shamanism. The web design seems unprofessional as well. I generally trust your judgement friend. Sorry, but I smell fast money. Shamanism is an individual practice not a religion.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: How to Support Shamanism on Planet Earth! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5595641 - 05/05/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It clearly states that its not affiliated with any particular religious organisation on the home page. In fact it is the very first thing it does say. Plus its a non-profit organisation, which is currently being setup in my university, so very soon it will be totally offcial. with a president and a secratary, a social secratery, everything. I will personally put my name on the line in support of this society. And i rarely put my name on the line for anything these days, other than buddhism that is. The whole point is that it is a completely non-sectarian, and accepts all traditions as true paths. have you read the page on Legalisation. Im not quite done with the page yet, thats why it looks unprofessional, becuase its not finished yet.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5595689 - 05/05/06 08:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

There are many marketing references. Maybe the reason I got this impression IS that the page is poorly designed and half finished. As a IT professional I am prejudiced by this. It does not inspire confidence. The marketing references should be removed if it's motives are altruistic.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#5595717 - 05/05/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The marketing IS to do with funding, otherwise there IS no website you see.

And i admit, i am only a first year student, and the designing layout is my creation, so i take full responsibility on that one. The funding goes toward retreats next academic year for all society members. Its all on the homepage man.

Do you have any tips on how i can make the website more profressional?

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5595962 - 05/05/06 09:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Shamanism is an individual practice not a religion.

Now that's not true. Even Don Juan had his nagual's party of seers.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineFospher
Male

#5596001 - 05/05/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, that website SCREAMS unfinished template. Write the descriptions, set up a CMS like kotik says, and submit your site to google, yahoo, and let their spiders give you a better visitor amount.

If I see an " Insert Another Sub Header Here " on every link I click, the first thought that pops in my mind is to close the website.

Now the fact that you're an apprentice to a Shaman intrigues me. How did you come about it? How would I come about doing this ... if you dont mind sharing?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: How to Support Shamanism on Planet Earth! [Re: Fospher]
    #5596049 - 05/05/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"Even Don Juan had his nagual's party of seers."

Castaneda describes sorcery...not true shamanism. There are distinctions between the two. ...and there are also many kinds of sorcery beyond Nagualism. Anyone can claim the title shaman and most that do have no understanding of the title...as well as self importance.

Your summary of web design is accurate however. I NEVER post a half done page.

--------------------

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (05/05/06 10:32 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5596100 - 05/05/06 10:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

One more thing.... Any non-traditional raised person (modern American or European) advertising for apprentices is a scam artisit or egomaniac. You cannot purchase 10 years of shamanic practice. If you have 10 years of shamanic practice a guru is irrelevant.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#5596112 - 05/05/06 10:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Of course, first of all i have many teachers from many different traditions. but i first become an apprentice shaman when i was introduced to psysilobye cubensis by an old hippie friend of the family, Leighton Cook. He studied in the late sixites under the guidence of Wasson and Richardson, who sought out a Maztec Cuando Maria Sabina, who gave guided meditations and prayers involving magic mushrooms. This got me deeply inspired and so i agreed for him to teach me some internal alchemy.

He proceeded to teach me everything i now know about Maztec shamanism, and backed up this knowledge with the practice of Taoist movements and energy circulations, kundalini etc. Also during the sixites Leighton Cook and my Father Leonard Sinclair, brough back a Tibetan teacher called Geshe Damcho, who introduced them both to Tibetan Buddhism. beofre this meeting my father had practiced Karate for 8 years, and had earned hi 5th Dan in karate, knowing all the katas, he felt disatisfied, so he repeated the first kata over and over again as a certain book instructed, so that he could understand the essence of martial arts. he had what is known in Zen as a satori experience which he was not ablt to explain with concept. This lead to his karmic meeting with Geshe Damcho.

After Leighton's long relationship with Geshe Damcho, he and my father heard about another great teacher of Dzogchen (Great Perfection) teachings. They both attened the teaching by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, who introduced them to their own primordial state.

My father integrating this sacred knowledge with taoist method devised a system of Chi-Kung with a chinese medicne doctor called Dr Lam. Leighton however travels the world, not having the inclination to settel down at all. He is often affectionatly known to his Sangha as the "Littlest Hobo", in accord with his small hight, and raggabond look. He took up a job in germany for 5 years as a district nurse, but found the restrictions on his life, and his movements to be distacting. ever since he has wandered from place to place, attracting students who wish to share in his knowledge.

My father now runs Chi-Kung courses in the Uk and the Czech Republic.

An i, am now the President of the UK Wheel of Contemplative Shamanism. And as such am responsible for the creation and maintence of the Society website.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

#5596122 - 05/05/06 10:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed, however even in traditional Shamanism, a Shaman will perform rituals with an organized tribe. Even if he doesn't, it is inevitable that he will have an apprentice who will become his successor, therefore, even if not as a macroscopic basis as say, Catholicism, his practice will become organized.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5596137 - 05/05/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sinbad, you are a very intelligent guy with a lot of understanding. Quit searching for gurus. Use your own steam. That web page leave a terrible impression. The only guru you need is you. Disregard my words if you choose. My opinion is only that...my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#5596140 - 05/05/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am not claiming to be a shaman, i am claiming to be the president of a society of practicing shamanism. Im not setting myself up as some leader. I am a practitioner, and wish to meet with likeminded people. there will also be a forum on the website for such meetings to take place. I already have 23 members, in Aberystwyth alone.
the word shamanism can be used as a general blanket term, like in our society.

I know the Native Americans get upset by this term, but i cant please everyone. I have had 1 years experience, not 10, so i would never claim to be a shaman.

I am not searching for Guru's i ahve already discovered what is the real refuge. However this does not mean that i will arrogantly refuse teaching, advice and guidence from others that have walked a similar path. That would be silly. So i recieve teachings from all traditions and try to keep my mind as open as possible. This is all i can do, it is the best that i can do for now.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5596254 - 05/05/06 10:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I agree NEVER refuse an offer of knowledge, that is not the same as relying on a guru. BUT the web site needs much clarification and polish. It leaves an impression of quick money to be made from the gullible....hence my reaction. Don't post an unfinished site with seemingly commercial aspirations. It made me think that you had drifted over the edge. I usually respect your ideas implicitly, and I have asked your advice on matters of your expertise. Follow my advice in this and clarify that page before advertising it. My impression could have very well been a misunderstanding...don't let others make that mistake. Be clear.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#5596277 - 05/05/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, thank you very much for the advice. The website is far away from being finished. I have all summer to get it done anyways, as it wont be a registered until September ! So, plenty of time for polish ups :smile:. I will try to be more clear next time. Thank you for the comments and advice, much appreciated :smile:

OfflineFospher
Male

#5596278 - 05/05/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

An i, am now the President of the UK Wheel of Contemplative Shamanism.

President? I won't be part of a religious society with a President. Especially since the first thing you ask me on the site to join is fucking money for unfinished content. Send a memo to your secretary to finish the website, maybe people will have a second look then.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#5596291 - 05/05/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

In order to create a society, there must be a president. Its university policy.I deal with the website. The secratary hadnles the funds, as far as the university is concerned. :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract