Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4717238 - 09/26/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Snyder has made some good points.

The most important factor, I think as well, is the powdering.  We're not talking about potency increases here people, so don't be confused.  The phenomenon is a faster, more intense onset and a shorter duration.

A friend and I are going to try this tomorrow night and I will post back on the results.  Here's what we plan on using:

2.5g standard cubes (my most typical dose so I'll be able to determine relative differences)
10oz. cranberry juice
2oz. lemon/lime juice

I will powder them and let them soak in the juice while stirring vigorously for 5 minutes, then I'll gulp it all down as fast as possible.  This will be on an empty stomach.  Expect results to be posted on Wednesday.  Any good vibes for an expectedly intense ride would be much appreciated :smile:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: kake]
    #4717261 - 09/26/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

cranberry juice and vinegar, prolly 3, lemon juice 2

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleMezcal
    #4717367 - 09/26/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If you want to make this psuedo-scientific, could you please also record the time you last ate (and roughly how much) and could you abstain from drinking any liquids for 30 minutes to 1 hour before trying it? If we could get a bunch of people to try the same method we could have at least a body of normalized subjective experiences to draw from, rather than a single or scattered group with no constant procedure.

Heh, and of course, have fun.

Offlineyourenoturkhakis
IntrospectiveImagineer
Loc: San Francisco
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Mezcal]
    #4717419 - 09/26/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all. New here.

i plan on trying this out. I'm going to do a 2 gram trip (powdered in water) on an empty stomach this weekend, and then a 2 gram trip (powdered with juice) the following weekend. I'll let everyone know the results

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4717457 - 09/26/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

May I suggest that since this is a dose you are comfortable with and used to taking that you try the experiment but without the cranberry/lemon juice in order to test your idea that it's the powdering of the shrooms that's making the difference, from the information we've been given it's safe to say that taking cranberry or lemon juice does seem to be having an effect, or do you plan to trip again and are only using this trip as a way to get an idea of what the experience is like as to allow fore more accurate judgement in the intensity of the trip by comparison when consumed in different methods?

P.S. Good luck on your trip, just don't get your hopes up or else you'll just be setting yourself up for a disappointment, at the same time, don't get caught off guard.Have fun, enjoy, and I think I can speak for a lot of us when I say that I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Edited by StickyWater (09/26/05 10:26 PM)

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: yourenoturkhakis]
    #4717507 - 09/26/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It makes me all warm and tingly to see people so actively tossing themselves into being a part of the scientific method. The nerd in me is pleased.

However, please do take good solid precautions in the case that it does cause a major change in absorption, none of us want you to be caught off-guard and have some hell of a wild ride on a bad trip. Also, warn people and have a sitter, since goodness knows if you hit lv5 and someone who doesnt know what's going on sees you writhing on the ground or some such... you may wake up hospitalized when they call 911.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4717653 - 09/26/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, plz be careful. It was way more than I expected it to be. It was a wildy intense inner journey due to the fact that it affected my motor functions and I had to just lie there lol. It had it's scary moments actually. Try not to exceed 2+ grams if you use the lemon/lime method. I have taken a 10gram dose before by eating them, and this was incomparably more intense. The saving grace if it does start to get out of control, is that it should be over in roughly 4hrs. You really do have to experience it to understand what it's like, but be responsible hehe.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

#4717665 - 09/26/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

good luck, good vibes headin your way

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: chaospilot]
    #4717749 - 09/26/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ALot more acidic, but it doesnt cleans the body the same way cran-juice does.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #4717768 - 09/26/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

...lots of considerations in high order...especially staying hydrated, i'm used to drinking a couple bottles of water within the first 2 hours of tripping, so i will take this into account when hydrating myself throughout the day.  we've been planning tomorrow night for well over a week, so rest assured. it will be fairly controlled and documented as unobtrusively thorough as possible.  as for powdering with water instead of juice, i believe the result would be similar to a tea mix, which to my knowledge has been said to sometimes increase the onset time as well.  thanks for the words. :grin:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4717890 - 09/26/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm, so I don't quite understand what you were saying then about the powdering of the mushrooms being what increases the effects if you're saying washing it down with water would be like a tea mix, wouldn't that more or less right there say that it's not the powdering if using water wouldn't work, or am I missing something here.

Again though, while the increased surface are you'd get by powdering your shrooms would have an effect in the rate of absorbtion, I'm still leaning more towards the acid speeding up the rate of absorbtion into the blood (as well as the surface area) resulting in one massive "lump" (so to speak) of psilocybin entering your blood stream in a fairly short amount of time and being used up normaly, which would (at least the way I see it) create the results we've seen.

Who knows, all will hopefuly be revealed in time, this conversation has really (temporarily?) re-sparked my dessire to shroom, though for completely different reasons, whether or not I'll act on this dessire I have yet to decide.

Quote:

It makes me all warm and tingly to see people so actively tossing themselves into being a part of the scientific method. The nerd in me is pleased.

Whether you're a nerd or not, you still can't deny the fact that science is interesting to (at least) some degree, I can tell that I'm not going to be getting much sleep tonight...
Also like to add that that quote reminded me of a sweater I have...

"Without geometry life is pointless *(?,?)"

InvisibleMezcal
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: yourenoturkhakis]
    #4717909 - 09/26/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Things to record for those trying this experiment:

# What liquid are you using?

# How much liquid did you drink the powder with? (oz)

# Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen")

# Time to onset of visual disturbance

# Time to peak (rough estimate)

# Time to first sign of diminishing effects

# Time to baseline (indiscernable effects)

Please also note if you take any other substances, specifically marijuana- This could pose a significant confound.

Edited by snyder (09/26/05 11:37 PM)

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
    #4717922 - 09/26/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

With this kind of knoledge we can all save a lot more mushrooms. Im guessing that all i would need is 3 or 4 caps, a lemon, and a bong. wow

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

InvisibleMezcal
    #4717946 - 09/26/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
I'm still leaning more towards the acid speeding up the rate of absorbtion into the blood

Remember, your stomach is filled with pH ~1 gastric acids, that are about 500 times stronger than cranberry juice. Drinking a few ounces of cranberry juice or water should not significantly affect the overall acidity in your stomach.

Offlineweathereporter88
Male

#4718155 - 09/27/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

How long did you let the powder settle in the juice? How fine was the powder? I could care less about the science and rationale of this, I just want to read some trip reports!

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4718334 - 09/27/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

snyder said:
Things to record for those trying this experiment:

# What liquid are you using?

# How much liquid did you drink the powder with? (oz)

# Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen")

# Time to onset of visual disturbance

# Time to peak (rough estimate)

# Time to first sign of diminishing effects

# Time to baseline (indiscernable effects)

Please also note if you take any other substances, specifically marijuana- This could pose a significant confound.

Hmm this is interesting for several reasons.

I am a fairly experienced tripper (usually every 1 to 3 months) and with the exception of my first trip, have ALWAYS eaten shrooms ground up. The way I usually do it is I blend up fresh mushrooms with concentrated orange juice, then down it like a shot.

I also usually use the same dosage, measured on a gram scale accurate to 0.1 grams +/1 0.3 grams.

So basically what I'm saying is I usually do the same amount every time using the same method (which is highly blended, ie extrememly fine particle size).

I don't think I could down an ounce of vinigar. Sorry ppl I just can't do it. On the other hand, I may be able to take the shrooms with lemon or lime juice.

This would probably be the closest to a controlled experiment we could get, since most people don't end up blending every single time like I do. I could take down the info that snyder has written and give a qualitative report on how much stonger the trip was. Think this is a good idea?

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4718339 - 09/27/05 12:59 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.  On with it :shroomer:
Then try with cranberry juice.
Then try with no juice, just powder.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: daimyo]
    #4718645 - 09/27/05 04:32 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

in my experience, when dosing with a strong orange juice (haven't tried cranberry or lemon yet) the effects are exactly how you describe - comes on much harder and faster, and finishes just as abruptly. i had put it down as an effect of the acidity in my own musings.

my girlfriend has also shot to probably a level 4 trip in about 10 mins, before she could even finish her glass of OJ/2g shrooms. she was not quite ready for it and found the first hour way too intense, and then felt completely sober 2 hours later.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4718731 - 09/27/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

snyder said:
Quote:

StickyWater said:
I'm still leaning more towards the acid speeding up the rate of absorbtion into the blood

Remember, your stomach is filled with pH ~1 gastric acids, that are about 500 times stronger than cranberry juice. Drinking a few ounces of cranberry juice or water should not significantly affect the overall acidity in your stomach.

Agreed, and I've taken that into account, but would it not be possible that the acid in the cranberry juice would not at least very least assist the process of digestion? Hmmm, but yes, now that I think about it more (and I'm not quite soo sleep deprived this time) I can deffinitely understand why it could be more the powdering of the shrooms than anything, but then the question would be why didn't anything like that happen when I had powdered them up and eaten them?

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4718839 - 09/27/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I do powdered shrooms frequently. You'd be suprised at how little affect this has on absorbtion. The powdering of the material is not significant. If anything, i have found that powdered shrooms are quite a bit weaker than whole shrooms because the active chemicals are allowed to deteriorate rapidly.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract