Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Asante]
    #4895216 - 11/04/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yuck, isn't straight lemon juice a bit "tart" going down?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Holydiver]
    #4895244 - 11/04/05 07:34 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

it's quite acidic but in a fresh way and it almost completely covers the shroom taste!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineoroboros
Stranger
    #4895355 - 11/04/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Lemon juice is very acidic,but,the alkalinity of the 'rooms should balance that out ,somewhat,huh

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: oroboros]
    #4896861 - 11/05/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The alkalinity of the mushrooms is minuscule compared to the acidity of a fair amount of lemon juice. So no, there is no balancing out of the acidity on this account.

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Anno]
    #4897584 - 11/05/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Glad to see people are still trying it. It seems that through the time this experiment has been going on, the WARNING of CAUTION kind of got lost by the wayside. If this method works for you, and it is working for very very many people, it is very easy to get higher than you intended. That can be very uncomfortable for some people, i.e. bad trip. For me personally, I can't take a 1/3 of my happy eaten dosage with this method before it gets almost overpoweringly strong. That was why I posted the original post in this thread, was to warn people who may end up trying this method, to be ready. That has evolved to the ongoing experiment, but the warning still needs to be heeded.

All that being said, if you haven't tried this yet, it is definitely worth trying. In my opinion, this is a borderline revolution in mushroom usage lol. It has defenitely changed how I look at shrooms and how I do them.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4898018 - 11/05/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well i'm no chemist, and i havent read this whole thread. however i see 3 good theories on this.

with the lemon juice:
the lemon juice could convert the psilocybin to psilocin , thus effects appear quicker and stronger. or the increased acidity just helps in the absorbtion of the alkaloids into the bloodstream. (less gets wasted in the process or just passed thru as waste.)

with the vitamin c (absorbic/citric acid):
Vita-C is a good antioxidant (correct me if i'm wrong), thus it could help to prevent oxidation of the alkaloids are they are passed thru the body and on their way to the liver to be converted to psilocin/nor-b). it also seems possible that some psilocin isnt proccessed into the brain the first time thru the body, and may degrade before its "used" , so maybe the concentrated anti-oxidants in the blood system helps to "preserve" the alkaloids in the body.

here's a quick example of my thoughts.

lets say you eat some shrooms and you have an intake of 5mg of psilocybin. but lets assume only 1.7mg of it ever reaches the brain.
so about 70% is lost to metabolic processes.

now lets say we eat 2mg of psilocybin with lemon juice and/or vita-c,
and lets say because of antioxidant properties or of increased absorbtion you get all 2mg to the brain. thus u eat less than half of the normal dosage and aquire a more potent effect.

just my ideas, sorry for repeating if someone else has already posted these thoughts.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4898293 - 11/05/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LoL I buy that lemon juice from Vons and other supermarkets all the time fo rits"tart/sour" taste I LOVE IT! So if it's true that it seriously blocks out shrooms taste and has the potential to X the trip by 2x-3x then i'll go ahead and try it out.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #4899220 - 11/06/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
Glad to see people are still trying it.  It seems that through the time this experiment has been going on, the WARNING of CAUTION kind of got lost by the wayside.  If this method works for you, and it is working for very very many people, it is very easy to get higher than you intended.  That can be very uncomfortable for some people, i.e. bad trip.  For me personally, I can't take a 1/3 of my happy eaten dosage with this method before it gets almost overpoweringly strong.  That was why I posted the original post in this thread, was to warn people who may end up trying this method, to be ready.  That has evolved to the ongoing experiment, but the warning still needs to be heeded.

All that being said, if you haven't tried this yet, it is definitely worth trying.  In my opinion, this is a borderline revolution in mushroom usage lol.  It has defenitely changed how I look at shrooms and how I do them.

I agree 100%!  I tried this method out for the second time on friday and it kicked my ass again! It was totaly amazing! I will problably never eat a full eight of shrooms again in my life because there is no need for it! If there is anyone out there who hasn't tried this yet, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

I took one lemon and one lime and juiced them and mixed well with only 1.7 grams of dried shroom powder and let it sit for 5 minutes and then drank it. I normaly take 3.5 grams of shrooms, but with only 1.7 grams and 1lemon and lime I had the most vivid visuals I have ever seen!!! I was laying on my trampoline after smokein a bowl topped with kief and staring at the stars. The whole sky was covered with a hallucination of red, yellow, and orange all swirling and twisting together and the stars were twinkling through. I have never seen an open eye visual that amazing and vivid and real! And from only 1.7 grams! :smile: :smile: :smile: It blew my mind.
  This really works people so be carefull. You could end up tripping hard than you even imagined possible!

This is an amazing discovery. It will make my mushrooms last TWICE as long!!! I only need 1.7 g's for an AMAZING MIND BLOWING REALITY SHATTERING TRIP!!!  Awsome discovery bro!!! Shit, you could go down in psychedelic history like Timothy Leary for discovering this UnderHillMaster!  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: cornoir]
    #4899231 - 11/06/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a bit confused about the mechanisms of this....
Psilocybin dephosphorilizes to psilocyn due to either hydrolysis or a strong acid. So, the all the psilocybin would be breaking down into psilocyn, correct? In my understanding, Psilocyn is not accepted into metabolic 'pathways' as easily as Psilocybin. (And, I think this would effect the blood/brain barrier too, but I'm far from sure.)

Is the psilocyn diffusing into your blood through your throat and stomach tissues, without having to be metabolized (Making the effects come on much quicker)?

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4899239 - 11/06/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have no idea why or how this works. And I really don't care why or how it works, all that matters is that it workds!

--------------------

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: slapped together theory #1 [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4904219 - 11/07/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I tried this a couple of days ago

Usually i trip on 30grams + of fresh Stropharia Cubensis

This time i dried 30 grams of them

Then split them, so approximately 1.5 grams of dried Cubes

I put each portion into Concentrated Lemon Juice solution and mixed and left to stand for 5 minutes

We each consumed them (tasted awful!) and then...  :smirk:

Well within 20 minutes (not 100% sure of the time) we were up, very quick come on, quick enough to not notice any panic or onset nausea.

Was a good level 2/3 and was nicely blasted into a 5 after some nitrous was consumed  :wink: :sun: :mushroom2:

Consumed before the trip were 2 MDMA pills so it was a hippy flip, but effects were diminished by the time i ate the shrooms.

Weed was smoked occasionally throughout the trip and intensified the effects slightly (it was shitty weed though  :mad:)

I am going to take my mushrooms this way in future and look forward to my next trip  :tongue: :heart:

The trip was a good few hours and the comedown was quite quick.

Great fun  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlinesunit
Big Nose
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4907067 - 11/07/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

basically mumbled "Help" and "Please Stop"

holy not sure if i want to try haha
but i will :P
sounds killer

--------------------
Well, I set my monkey on the log
And ordered him to do the Dog
He wagged his tail and shook his head
And he went and did the Cat instead
He's a weird monkey, very funky.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: sunit]
    #4909887 - 11/08/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

damn i wish it worked for me!!! id did not have any potentiation when i tryed it

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Offlinepeepants
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4910018 - 11/08/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I tried this experiment out last Sunday with 2 friends.

2 of my friends (Friend X and Friend Y) ingested 1 gram and I had 1.5 grams. I took 2 1.5 shots of lemon juice that you buy in the store. They both took 1 shot each. We let the concoctions sit for 15 minutes. The lemon juice was luke warm. We drank a few sips of cranberry juice to chase it with.

We all felt tingly for about 30-40 minutes before we started to notice any real difference. The trip was pretty mild for all parties. Friend X seemed to be at about the level of me, while Friend Y wasn't feeling much at all (only slight change).

I feel it didn't really do much to us. Since we all 3 did this, and nobody had a particularly amazing experience, might there have been a problem with the preparation? We used "The Ultimate Chopper" to chop the shrooms up. It was a really intense chopping machine. I've heard that chopping them up like that might have done something by exciting the psilocybin? Might a less intense chopping method be more effective?

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: peepants]
    #4910269 - 11/08/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure about chopping method. I don't 'chop' mine, i just mash em up in the baggie for a few minutes. I try to get as close to powder as possible. I also try to powder them up right before I mix with liquid. Try again if you can, it seems to be working for a lot of people, including myself. I have only used actual lemons, so you might try that. Although, others have had success with cranberry, lemon concentrate, and vit C water. This experiment is still going on, and is growing everyday. More people are trying it and relating their experiences. I plan to try again this week and I will let you know how it goes.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #4912357 - 11/09/05 02:23 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

One thing that comes to my mind, since all three of you had no efects - mayby its the pre-made lemon juice? Some people had success with lemon juice from the supermarket, but there are juices and juices, some may be 100% other may be just made to taste similar and be less acidic, who knows? How about waiting some time for a tollerance drop (like a week or two) and trying with juice squeezed from fresh lemons? If you would like to do it of course :smile:. I`m still waiting for my oportunity to do this. Good luck.

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflinePookztA Happy Birthday!
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
    #4912376 - 11/09/05 02:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

do you have to powder the shrooms? for example, could you soak a few caps, near 2.5g in some lemon juice, then simply eat the shrooms and drink the lemon juice real quick?

Also, would you guys recommend this method as the method of consumption from now on? (for veteran trippers)? What if you want to trip in nature, will this last long enough? will the effects be too intense to enjoy nature? or has this basically changed many minds about consumption? once you have tried this extraction method, will u ever go back to plain old consumption of the mush?

cant wait to try this!

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: PookztA]
    #4912391 - 11/09/05 02:53 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

do you have to powder the shrooms? for example, could you soak a few caps, near 2.5g in some lemon juice, then simply eat the shrooms and drink the lemon juice real quick?

Powdering probably is best but by all means experiment!

Quote:

Also, would you guys recommend this method as the method of consumption from now on?

Definately! Why take 2-3 grams when one gram in tasty lemonjuice will do the same thing? It would make no sense economywise.

Quote:

What if you want to trip in nature, will this last long enough?

For me it lasted just as long

Quote:

will the effects be too intense to enjoy nature?

That depends on how high you dose! I do notice a tendency in the reports for a smooth coming-up.

Quote:

has this basically changed many minds about consumption?

0.25gr + 5% vitamin C hit me like a gram!
lemonjuice gave me and a friend 2-3x potentiation!~
Would that change your mind?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #4912414 - 11/09/05 03:15 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

ok i dont know if my experience is totally related with this post because i used fresh fruits when I'm making my shroom juice but here is the story;

I blended 20 grams of fresh cyanescens and banana+kiwi, and just a bit of water.
i drank 2 large cups of liquid at one shots.
after just 20 minutes disturbing come up started.Come ups are always very uncomfortable for me.I always feel ohh so small compared to universe at the same time my body feels strange cuz i got those quickly changing body temperatures.Anyways..
and i started to think, oh why did i take them?i just took 50 grams fresh last week, so i needed to stop and Analise my trip.but i took again..
i started to blame myself, it was sorta like mushroom is kinda angry.
and i started to think ok it is going to be a dull trip.
(at that point i was lying on complete silent darkness)
and i decided to change the setting and turn on the lights and put some music.The first 2 discs that i put again couldn't save me from horrible uncomfortable come up.At like 45 min mark,.....IT HIT!
IT HIT! IT HIT!
it hit so hard.i was holding my bed like crazy, cuz speed was like 300 km/Ph. and informations was so fast also the visions.
complex visions came and go so fast.my mind was working super fast as usual.but this time i was getting over informed and immediately forgetting.
for 3 hours i just crawled in  my bed with this high speed tripping with horrible muscle cramps.It was obvious that ego didn't want to go.
and at one point i said/:
ok i am yours.you are so powerful.just dont hurt me, McKenna helped me about this :wink:
and suddenly all the cramps and that high speed tripping mellowed down.
and new level of visuals started.this time more understandable and lets say more easy to control.ancient temples i traveled.

overall,
even i took a high dose i believe that blending and consuming it like a liquid intensifies trip a lot. That is so obvious.
Yeah a bit unrelated to cranberry incident, but here is my story/

:sun:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #4912449 - 11/09/05 04:53 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what do you guys think about this? :laugh:
i got dragged to the local Smoothie King by some friends of mine (females go figure), and i saw this packet of powder called Emer'gen-C. Its a drink mix that you just add water too. It contains 1,000 mg of vitamin C (as 7 mineral ascorbates, ot so it says on the packet). it also contains:
Folic Acid 12.5 mcg
Panthothenic Acid 2.5 mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 1mg

so when my costa ricans are done fruiting and i get some dried i'm going to crush up 1 gram and mix it in 6 oz of water and add this packet of crap, let it sit for 3-5 mins then down it.

i'll report the results the day after :laugh:

considering what i've read so far about vita-C it should work with 1000mg of it.

pic of the packet

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies